I thought I'd join up to post another possible solution that worked for me. None of the above mentioned things worked, though I didn't go all the way to the end of the page so excuse me if this was already described. All I did was go into the TCP/IP settings under Properties of the network and forced it to use an IP address in the range of the router (192.168.1.4 in my case) then put in the gateway (192.168.1.1). Then for the DNS address I went to the router setup page (accessed on mine by typing 192.168.1.1 into the web browser) and found it in there and entered it into the fields. Clicked OK and all of a sudden it worked.