Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.attws
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2008, 03:02 PM
4phun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service

Dear Starbucks Card Member

Thank you for becoming an AT&T Wi-Fi member! Please click on the
following link to complete your registration.

https://secure.sbc.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As a new subscriber we have included some helpful tips to get you
started.

Your AT&T Wi-Fi account will get you online at any company-operated
Starbucks location equipped with a hot spot. To keep it active, make a
purchase or reload funds on your Starbucks Card within 30 days of the
day you login.
Your AT&T Wi-Fi username is Larry
To connect in a store, follow these steps:
Select "attwifi" from the list of available wireless networks
Open a browser
On the AT&T Login page, enter your Username, select "AT&T WiFi" from
the drop down box, and enter your Password
Find a Starbucks location here.
To find helpful contact numbers for assistance, visit www.attwifi.com.



Starbucks welcomes you to Starbucks Card Rewards - visit Starbucks.com/
card anytime to reload your Card and manage your account.

Again, thank you for choosing AT&T Wi-Fi service!

We look forward to serving all of your high-speed wireless needs.

Sincerely,
AT&T Internet Services

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service

4phun <vic.healey@gmail.com> wrote in news:e2b45f89-899f-44a2-948b-
04de7fe069a9@59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> Dear Starbucks Card Member
>
> Thank you for becoming an AT&T Wi-Fi member! Please click on the
> following link to complete your registration.
>
> https://secure.sbc.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> As a new subscriber we have included some helpful tips to get you
> started.
>
> Your AT&T Wi-Fi account will get you online at any company-operated
> Starbucks location equipped with a hot spot. To keep it active, make a
> purchase or reload funds on your Starbucks Card within 30 days of the
> day you login.
> Your AT&T Wi-Fi username is Larry
> To connect in a store, follow these steps:
> Select "attwifi" from the list of available wireless networks
> Open a browser
> On the AT&T Login page, enter your Username, select "AT&T WiFi" from
> the drop down box, and enter your Password
> Find a Starbucks location here.
> To find helpful contact numbers for assistance, visit www.attwifi.com.
>
>
>
> Starbucks welcomes you to Starbucks Card Rewards - visit Starbucks.com/
> card anytime to reload your Card and manage your account.
>
> Again, thank you for choosing AT&T Wi-Fi service!
>
> We look forward to serving all of your high-speed wireless needs.
>
> Sincerely,
> AT&T Internet Services
>


God this coffee SUCKS.....(c;


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2008, 01:29 PM
4phun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service

On Jun 8, 1:27*am, Larry <no...@home.com> wrote:
> 4phun <vic.hea...@gmail.com> wrote in news:e2b45f89-899f-44a2-948b-
> 04de7fe06...@59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
>
>
>
>
>
> > Dear Starbucks Card Member

>
> > Thank you for becoming an AT&T Wi-Fi member! Please click on the
> > following link to complete your registration.

>
> >https://secure.sbc.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>
> > As a new subscriber we have included some helpful tips to get you
> > started.

>
> > Your AT&T Wi-Fi account will get you online at any company-operated
> > Starbucks location equipped with a hot spot. To keep it active, make a
> > purchase or reload funds on your Starbucks Card within 30 days of the
> > day you login.
> > Your AT&T Wi-Fi username is Larry
> > To connect in a store, follow these steps:
> > Select "attwifi" from the list of available wireless networks
> > Open a browser
> > On the AT&T Login page, enter your Username, select "AT&T WiFi" from
> > the drop down box, and enter your Password
> > Find a Starbucks location here.
> > To find helpful contact numbers for assistance, visitwww.attwifi.com.

>
> > Starbucks welcomes you to Starbucks Card Rewards - visit Starbucks.com/
> > card anytime to reload your Card and manage your account.

>
> > Again, thank you for choosing AT&T Wi-Fi service!

>
> > We look forward to serving all of your high-speed wireless needs.

>
> > Sincerely,
> > AT&T Internet Services

>
> God this coffee SUCKS.....(c;- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


Larry

You know you aren't there for the coffee but the FREE WIFI.

But another side benefit of that Starbucks Card is that you get FREE
REFILLS as long as you stay. This is perfect if you are homeless and
out of work after the next inexperienced president and his friends
screw up the economy you can hang out at Starbucks with your Nokai
800 instead of the library.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2008, 02:17 PM
George Kerby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service




On 6/8/08 7:29 AM, in article
6a79e3fe-d6db-4929-baca-476e9beb716b...oglegroups.com, "4phun"
<vic.healey@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 8, 1:27*am, Larry <no...@home.com> wrote:
>> 4phun <vic.hea...@gmail.com> wrote in news:e2b45f89-899f-44a2-948b-
>> 04de7fe06...@59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>> Dear Starbucks Card Member

>>
>>> Thank you for becoming an AT&T Wi-Fi member! Please click on the
>>> following link to complete your registration.

>>
>>> https://secure.sbc.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>
>>> As a new subscriber we have included some helpful tips to get you
>>> started.

>>
>>> Your AT&T Wi-Fi account will get you online at any company-operated
>>> Starbucks location equipped with a hot spot. To keep it active, make a
>>> purchase or reload funds on your Starbucks Card within 30 days of the
>>> day you login.
>>> Your AT&T Wi-Fi username is Larry
>>> To connect in a store, follow these steps:
>>> Select "attwifi" from the list of available wireless networks
>>> Open a browser
>>> On the AT&T Login page, enter your Username, select "AT&T WiFi" from
>>> the drop down box, and enter your Password
>>> Find a Starbucks location here.
>>> To find helpful contact numbers for assistance, visitwww.attwifi.com.

>>
>>> Starbucks welcomes you to Starbucks Card Rewards - visit Starbucks.com/
>>> card anytime to reload your Card and manage your account.

>>
>>> Again, thank you for choosing AT&T Wi-Fi service!

>>
>>> We look forward to serving all of your high-speed wireless needs.

>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>> AT&T Internet Services

>>
>> God this coffee SUCKS.....(c;- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -

>
> Larry
>
> You know you aren't there for the coffee but the FREE WIFI.
>
> But another side benefit of that Starbucks Card is that you get FREE
> REFILLS as long as you stay. This is perfect if you are homeless and
> out of work after the next inexperienced president and his friends
> screw up the economy you can hang out at Starbucks with your Nokai
> 800 instead of the library.
>

Saint Obama?

NAWWWWWW!

Please say "NO"?


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2008, 06:17 PM
SMS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service

4phun wrote:

> But another side benefit of that Starbucks Card is that you get FREE
> REFILLS as long as you stay. This is perfect if you are homeless and
> out of work after the next inexperienced president and his friends
> screw up the economy you can hang out at Starbucks with your Nokai
> 800 instead of the library.


Note that Starbucks doesn't put in on their menu, but they do have a
small coffee called a "short." In some places they were charging only $1
for a short coffee.

Since I have AT&T DSL, I can use the AT&T Wi-Fi network for free for as
long as I want (no time limitation). So for $1 I could drink coffee and
be online all day.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008, 01:29 AM
boxcar
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service


"SMS" <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote in message
news:wqU2k.3999$ZE5.1649@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com...
> 4phun wrote:
>
>> But another side benefit of that Starbucks Card is that you get FREE
>> REFILLS as long as you stay. This is perfect if you are homeless and
>> out of work after the next inexperienced president and his friends
>> screw up the economy you can hang out at Starbucks with your Nokai
>> 800 instead of the library.

>
> Note that Starbucks doesn't put in on their menu, but they do have a small
> coffee called a "short." In some places they were charging only $1 for a
> short coffee.
>
> Since I have AT&T DSL, I can use the AT&T Wi-Fi network for free for as
> long as I want (no time limitation). So for $1 I could drink coffee and be
> online all day.


I also have ATT DSL and for the life of me am unable to get onto the
Starbucks/ATT Wifi. I've talked to tech support for hours and got nothing
but a headache. Where is it you make the connection? I'm in CT and ATT is
telling me I do get it but in reality they're giving me something that
doesn't exist.



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008, 02:14 AM
D-Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service


"SMS" <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote in message
news:wqU2k.3999$ZE5.1649@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com...
> 4phun wrote:
>
>> But another side benefit of that Starbucks Card is that you get FREE
>> REFILLS as long as you stay. This is perfect if you are homeless and
>> out of work after the next inexperienced president and his friends
>> screw up the economy you can hang out at Starbucks with your Nokai
>> 800 instead of the library.

>
> Note that Starbucks doesn't put in on their menu, but they do have a small
> coffee called a "short." In some places they were charging only $1 for a
> short coffee.
>
> Since I have AT&T DSL, I can use the AT&T Wi-Fi network for free for as
> long as I want (no time limitation). So for $1 I could drink coffee and be
> online all day.


Do you get free refills at Starbucks.
Dmax



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008, 03:04 AM
Miller
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service

"boxcar" <pop-popNOSPAM@snet.net> wrote:

>
>"SMS" <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote in message
>news:wqU2k.3999$ZE5.1649@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com.. .
>> 4phun wrote:
>>
>>> But another side benefit of that Starbucks Card is that you get FREE
>>> REFILLS as long as you stay. This is perfect if you are homeless and
>>> out of work after the next inexperienced president and his friends
>>> screw up the economy you can hang out at Starbucks with your Nokai
>>> 800 instead of the library.

>>
>> Note that Starbucks doesn't put in on their menu, but they do have a small
>> coffee called a "short." In some places they were charging only $1 for a
>> short coffee.
>>
>> Since I have AT&T DSL, I can use the AT&T Wi-Fi network for free for as
>> long as I want (no time limitation). So for $1 I could drink coffee and be
>> online all day.

>
>I also have ATT DSL and for the life of me am unable to get onto the
>Starbucks/ATT Wifi. I've talked to tech support for hours and got nothing
>but a headache. Where is it you make the connection? I'm in CT and ATT is
>telling me I do get it but in reality they're giving me something that
>doesn't exist.
>


Start here:

http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=5949




Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008, 03:31 AM
boxcar
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service


"Miller" <mm1245@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:4r3p44lomqe7o3f137do7hhhpq98ir30do@4ax.com...
> "boxcar" <pop-popNOSPAM@snet.net> wrote:
>
>>
>>"SMS" <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote in message
>>news:wqU2k.3999$ZE5.1649@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com. ..
>>> 4phun wrote:
>>>
>>>> But another side benefit of that Starbucks Card is that you get FREE
>>>> REFILLS as long as you stay. This is perfect if you are homeless and
>>>> out of work after the next inexperienced president and his friends
>>>> screw up the economy you can hang out at Starbucks with your Nokai
>>>> 800 instead of the library.
>>>
>>> Note that Starbucks doesn't put in on their menu, but they do have a
>>> small
>>> coffee called a "short." In some places they were charging only $1 for a
>>> short coffee.
>>>
>>> Since I have AT&T DSL, I can use the AT&T Wi-Fi network for free for as
>>> long as I want (no time limitation). So for $1 I could drink coffee and
>>> be
>>> online all day.

>>
>>I also have ATT DSL and for the life of me am unable to get onto the
>>Starbucks/ATT Wifi. I've talked to tech support for hours and got nothing
>>but a headache. Where is it you make the connection? I'm in CT and ATT is
>>telling me I do get it but in reality they're giving me something that
>>doesn't exist.
>>

>
> Start here:
>
> http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=5949
>
>

Sure, that tells me I'm entitled to it, and the ATT rep confirms. Then I'm
off to the support people and 5 hours later and plenty of yadda yadda, I'm
no better off than when I started. If it works for you, great. For CT, its
an illusion.



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008, 04:31 AM
SMS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service

boxcar wrote:

> I also have ATT DSL and for the life of me am unable to get onto the
> Starbucks/ATT Wifi. I've talked to tech support for hours and got nothing
> but a headache. Where is it you make the connection? I'm in CT and ATT is
> telling me I do get it but in reality they're giving me something that
> doesn't exist.


I haven't tried it yet. I never go to Starbucks. I keep meaning to try
it, but I haven't had the chance yet.

Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service

"D-Max" <ayers.larry@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:2u%2k.2055$L_.2030
@flpi150.ffdc.sbc.com:

> Do you get free refills at Starbucks.
> Dmax
>
>


Surely you jest!

No, you get free refills and unlimited internet for EVERYONE at Panera
Bread Company (or Atlanta Bread Company)....(c;

Screw Starbucks....


Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008, 05:33 PM
DTC
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service

boxcar wrote:
> I also have ATT DSL and for the life of me am unable to get onto the
> Starbucks/ATT Wifi. I've talked to tech support for hours and got nothing
> but a headache. Where is it you make the connection? I'm in CT and ATT is
> telling me I do get it but in reality they're giving me something that
> doesn't exist.


I haven't tried Starbucks yet, even though is rigth across the street
from McDonalds. As I recall, the opening captive portal splash page
has a place to select WT&T partner. On the next page there is a pull
down list where you select if you are AT&T, SBCglobal, etc. If you
use the default, it may not work.

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Kevin Weaver
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service

Use your starbucks card and you do in fact get free refills.
Along with free wi-fi and other free things as well.


"Larry" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9AB8768651534noonehomecom@208.49.80.253...
> "D-Max" <ayers.larry@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:2u%2k.2055$L_.2030
> @flpi150.ffdc.sbc.com:
>
>> Do you get free refills at Starbucks.
>> Dmax
>>
>>

>
> Surely you jest!
>
> No, you get free refills and unlimited internet for EVERYONE at Panera
> Bread Company (or Atlanta Bread Company)....(c;
>
> Screw Starbucks....
>



Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Kevin Weaver
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service


"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
news:elmop-5E577F.12424109062008@nntp10.usenetserver.com...
> In article <71d3k.2627$cW3.2041@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com>,
> "Kevin Weaver" <kevinkeithweaver@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Use your starbucks card and you do in fact get free refills.
>> Along with free wi-fi and other free things as well.

>
> Or, go to Panera Bread and get free refills no matter what. Cash
> accepted.
>
> Oh--and get free WiFi, no limits.
>
> Gee. What a concept. Eh, Starbucks?
>

What's a Panera Bread ? I've never seen one.


Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008, 09:34 PM
4phun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service

On Jun 9, 11:35*am, Larry <no...@home.com> wrote:
> "D-Max" <ayers.la...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:2u%2k.2055$L_.2030
> @flpi150.ffdc.sbc.com:
>
> > Do you get free refills at Starbucks.
> > Dmax

>
> Surely you jest!
>
> No, you get free refills and unlimited internet for EVERYONE at Panera
> Bread Company (or Atlanta Bread Company)....(c;
>
> Screw Starbucks....


Why they are a great source of reliable coffee!

Larry I have all three with in a mile or two of the house. Atlanta
Bread is sort of iffy on wifi, just poor setup at some locations.
Pandera is OK but they do not people hanging around during lunch hour.
Star Bucks are getting to be more common then Mickey Dees and now all
the Star Bucks company stores have free Wifi courtesy of a deal with
AT&T.

Atlanta Bread the coffee sucks. I rather have Mickey Dees that Atlanta
Bread coffee and I am not fond of McDonald’s coffee. I do prefer bold
coffees most of the time.

Pandera is better.

Many coffee houses that roast their own beans are a good bet in the
Atlanta metro area. The problem is they come and go. All have had free
wifi.

Star Bucks has the all around best if you are a true coffee lover. I
drink mine black so I can tell the many differences including the crap
that some serve saying if you do not like it - it is free. Duh, all
they are doing is taking stuff I would have thrown away and trying to
sell it hopping that most customers would not really tell the
difference. These customers are the people who heavily doctor the
stuff with cream, sugar and flavorings. They have no idea what coffee
should taste like nor can they taste the sometimes subtle differences
between brews.

Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service

4phun <vic.healey@gmail.com> wrote in news:696110d7-a077-459c-8d7f-
8ebed9b34b78@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> Star Bucks has the all around best if you are a true coffee lover. I
> drink mine black so I can tell the many differences including the crap
> that some serve saying if you do not like it - it is free. Duh, all
> they are doing is taking stuff I would have thrown away and trying to
> sell it hopping that most customers would not really tell the
> difference. These customers are the people who heavily doctor the
> stuff with cream, sugar and flavorings. They have no idea what coffee
> should taste like nor can they taste the sometimes subtle differences
> between brews.
>


I like Gloria Jean's in our mall, myself. I think it tastes better because
there is actually an adult watching carefully over its brewing, not the
teenie boppers at Starbuck's here. They could care less what the coffee
tastes like.

Gloria Jean's has no wifi, though....)c


Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008, 11:21 PM
4phun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default T-Mobile Suing Starbucks Over Free Wi-Fi Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-FiService

T-Mobile Suing Starbucks Over Free Wi-Fi
By Teresa von Fuchs
WirelessWeek - June 09, 2008

T-Mobile USA has filed a suit against Starbucks, saying that the
coffee company breached its contract by offering free wireless
Internet access in a partnership promotion with AT&T. Starbucks
recently began switching over its Wi-Fi service from its 7-year
partnership with T-Mobile to AT&T; along with the switch in service,
AT&T and Starbucks began offering free wireless access as part of its
customer loyalty program.

T-Mobile claims that free access was not part of its handover
agreement with Starbucks and AT&T and that it will be bearing the cost
burden of providing the free services. Although Starbucks and AT&T
hope to switch all 7,000 coffee shops to AT&T’s network by the end of
this year, all but two locations are still on T-Mobile’s network.

T-Mobile reportedly said that Starbuck’s conduct has caused it
“monetary damages” and will continue causing damage to the company
“should Starbucks continue its breaching conduct.”

The carrier also said that the free promotion violates the transition
agreement in that T-Mobile still had exclusive rights to market and
sell Wi-Fi services at Starbucks until Jan. 4, 2009. T-Mobile
reportedly said that in the agreement AT&T and Starbucks had only
"limited rights" to promote their new partnership until after that
time.

T-Mobile is seeking unspecified damages, legal fees and an order
preventing Starbucks from breaching the transition agreement.

Starbucks responded to the suit, saying in a statement that its “goal
is to ensure Wi-Fi access at all Starbucks locations. This is a
benefit offered to our Starbucks Card Rewards members as well as AT&T
subscribers, and steps are being taken to ensure that this access
continues.”

Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Todd Allcock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service

At 09 Jun 2008 09:47:39 -0700 Kevin Weaver wrote:

> > Or, go to Panera Bread and get free refills no matter what. Cash
> > accepted.
> >
> > Oh--and get free WiFi, no limits.
> >
> > Gee. What a concept. Eh, Starbucks?
> >

> What's a Panera Bread ? I've never seen one.


A pretty decent sandwich, soup and baked-goods chain throughout the Midwest
formerly known as "St. Louis Bread Company." They do offer free WiFi at
all locations.

I ate there quite a bit before I had kids, but these days I seldom go- "PBJ
on fresh baked sourdough with a side of sea-salt & vinegar chips" is about
as kid-friendly as they get...



Reply With Quote
Reply


« Questions For The iPhone Experts | How did the fanbois miss this? »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welcome to AT&T Wi-Fi Service 4phun alt.cellular.cingular 15 06-11-2008 05:20 PM
Answering Service gaojihuiyuan uk.telecom.mobile 0 05-15-2008 03:21 PM
No Customer Service Question theguy@whatever.net alt.cellular.verizon 21 11-15-2006 04:03 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45