Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.cingular
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2006, 04:47 PM
evilbastard9@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Cingular Showing Up On T-Mobile Phone?

A friend of mine is a T-Mobile customer, and last night his phone
showed CINGULAR instead of the usual T-Mobile. It then went back to
T-Mobile a few moments later. It wasn't like we were moving in and out
of coverage areas, since we are sitting at the bar.

The last time I saw something like this was when ATT merged with
Cingular. My ATT Phone would go back and forth until it finally became
Cingular.

Anyone know why this might have happened with T-Mobile?


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Dave
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Cingular Showing Up On T-Mobile Phone?

evil*******9@gmail.com wrote:
> A friend of mine is a T-Mobile customer, and last night his phone
> showed CINGULAR instead of the usual T-Mobile. It then went back to
> T-Mobile a few moments later. It wasn't like we were moving in and out
> of coverage areas, since we are sitting at the bar.
>
> The last time I saw something like this was when ATT merged with
> Cingular. My ATT Phone would go back and forth until it finally became
> Cingular.
>
> Anyone know why this might have happened with T-Mobile?
>

It may be picking up a Cingular cell tower. This happened with my
Cingular phone in my old office. It would occasionally read T-Mobile
because it was connecting with a T-Mobile cell tower.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Spooge Geeko
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Cingular Showing Up On T-Mobile Phone?

On 17 Nov 2006 09:47:16 -0800, evil*******9@gmail.com wrote:

>A friend of mine is a T-Mobile customer, and last night his phone
>showed CINGULAR instead of the usual T-Mobile. It then went back to
>T-Mobile a few moments later. It wasn't like we were moving in and out
>of coverage areas, since we are sitting at the bar.
>
>The last time I saw something like this was when ATT merged with
>Cingular. My ATT Phone would go back and forth until it finally became
>Cingular.
>
>Anyone know why this might have happened with T-Mobile?



Cingular and T-Mobile are tower sharing these days to improve
both carrier's coverage.
I hope to god Cigular doesn't gobble T-Mobile, I'm fleeing there this
month

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2006, 11:31 PM
John Navas
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Cingular Showing Up On T-Mobile Phone?

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:12:46 -0800, Spooge Geeko <ofrmgfo@yahoo.com>
wrote in <ncgsl29uad168l5nafuii46590neq5thh1@4ax.com>:

>Cingular and T-Mobile are tower sharing these days to improve
>both carrier's coverage.


In some areas, yes, but by roaming, not sharing. The joint network
agreement is long since history.

>I hope to god Cigular doesn't gobble T-Mobile, I'm fleeing there this
>month


T-Mobile probably won't be able to survive on its own indefinitely given
its much smaller size than its three main competitors.

--
Best regards, FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS:
John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2006, 02:48 AM
Joe Dirt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Cingular Showing Up On T-Mobile Phone?

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 00:31:26 +0000, John Navas wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:12:46 -0800, Spooge Geeko <ofrmgfo@yahoo.com>
> wrote in <ncgsl29uad168l5nafuii46590neq5thh1@4ax.com>:
>
>>Cingular and T-Mobile are tower sharing these days to improve
>>both carrier's coverage.

>
> In some areas, yes, but by roaming, not sharing. The joint network
> agreement is long since history.
>
>>I hope to god Cigular doesn't gobble T-Mobile, I'm fleeing there this
>>month

>
> T-Mobile probably won't be able to survive on its own indefinitely given
> its much smaller size than its three main competitors.



Navas do you ever post anything useful? How much are you getting paid by
Cingular anyway? T-Mobile seems to be surviving just fine on it's own.
Having been a customer of both Cingular and T-Mobile, I'll stick with
T-Mobile. Better service and less expensive plans.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Jonathan Boswell
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Cingular Showing Up On T-Mobile Phone?

John Navas wrote:
> T-Mobile probably won't be able to survive on its own indefinitely given
> its much smaller size than its three main competitors.


You are aware that T-Mobile is part of a large transnational
corporation, aren't you?


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2006, 12:41 AM
John Navas
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Cingular Showing Up On T-Mobile Phone?

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:33:55 -0500, Jonathan Boswell
<jsbNOSP@M.ost.cdrh.fda.gov> wrote in
<JhK8h.56$uk2.40@mencken.net.nih.gov>:

>John Navas wrote:
>> T-Mobile probably won't be able to survive on its own indefinitely given
>> its much smaller size than its three main competitors.

>
>You are aware that T-Mobile is part of a large transnational
>corporation, aren't you?


Certainly. Are you aware of how difficult it is for a smaller carrier
in a given market to compete with much larger carriers no matter how big
the parent? And are you also aware the large transnational corporation
is under serious financial pressure, and that sale of T-Mobile USA has
been repeatedly discussed?

--
Best regards, FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS:
John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>

Reply With Quote
Reply


« NEWS: Mobiles hope to be 'smart wallet' | NEWS: USB crowned as high speed SIM standard »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAQ for Cingular Wireless John Navas alt.cellular.cingular 0 01-16-2007 04:53 AM
FAQ for Cingular Wireless John Navas alt.cellular.cingular 0 10-03-2006 05:04 PM
compare mobile phones, mobile phone comparison, boxbreak.com nokianokia2u@yahoo.co.uk alt.cellular.nokia 1 09-27-2006 06:43 PM
Doubts about new Cingular 2125 phone googler alt.cellular.cingular 7 09-16-2006 04:03 AM
Mobile Casino - Mobile Phone Casino - Casino on your Mobile Phone is launched! stoppressnews alt.cellular.nokia 0 09-14-2006 03:16 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45