Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.cingular
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2007, 12:30 AM
michaelrobinhood@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Not showing Text Message Phone Numbers on the Bill

I was wondering if there is any way to block certain phone numbers
that I receive text messages from, from appearing on my monthly bill?


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2007, 12:43 AM
clifto
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Not showing Text Message Phone Numbers on the Bill

michaelrobinhood@gmail.com wrote:
> I was wondering if there is any way to block certain phone numbers
> that I receive text messages from, from appearing on my monthly bill?


Can't beat your wife to the mailbox?

--
Tiger Direct forcibly checking receipts?
http://tinyurl.com/2hz3ht


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2007, 01:49 AM
Kurt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Not showing Text Message Phone Numbers on the Bill

In article <um7cq4-du7.ln1@remote.clifto.com>,
clifto <clifto@gmail.com> wrote:

> michaelrobinhood@gmail.com wrote:
> > I was wondering if there is any way to block certain phone numbers
> > that I receive text messages from, from appearing on my monthly bill?

>
> Can't beat your wife to the mailbox?


Shame he would have to beat his wife.

--
To reply by email, remove the word "space"

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2007, 03:08 AM
Jer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Not showing Text Message Phone Numbers on the Bill

Kurt wrote:
> In article <um7cq4-du7.ln1@remote.clifto.com>,
> clifto <clifto@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> michaelrobinhood@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I was wondering if there is any way to block certain phone numbers
>>> that I receive text messages from, from appearing on my monthly bill?

>> Can't beat your wife to the mailbox?

>
> Shame he would have to beat his wife.
>


I imagine the instant his wife learns about his girlfriend's texting is
the same instant he starts locking up the kitchen knives just before
turning out the lights.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2007, 03:21 PM
prc2u
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Not showing Text Message Phone Numbers on the Bill

this is a legitimate question and the IQ of the answers show that these
people have way to much time on their hands. Newsgroups are for exchanging
information, learn from others. Why do people have to make such stupid
comments when this person just want to know an answer?


"clifto" <clifto@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:um7cq4-du7.ln1@remote.clifto.com...
> michaelrobinhood@gmail.com wrote:
>> I was wondering if there is any way to block certain phone numbers
>> that I receive text messages from, from appearing on my monthly bill?

>
> Can't beat your wife to the mailbox?
>
> --
> Tiger Direct forcibly checking receipts?
> http://tinyurl.com/2hz3ht
>




Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Todd Allcock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Not showing Text Message Phone Numbers on the Bill

At 30 Aug 2007 10:21:02 -0500 prc2u wrote:
> this is a legitimate question and the IQ of the answers show that

these
> people have way to much time on their hands. Newsgroups are for

exchanging
> information, learn from others. Why do people have to make such

stupid
> comments when this person just want to know an answer?
>


Ok then, Mr. at&t independent dealer rep, why don't you tell us the
answer then, instead of "soapboxing" the other replies?

I can't speak definitively, but my guess is NO, you can't block
certain numbers from showing up on your bill.

Perhaps (I'm just guessing) the OP might be able to switch to a non-
detailed bill that only shows totals of minutes and texts rather than
a detailed listing (this option was available a bazillion years ago
when I was a Cingular indie. Back then you had to pay a few bucks
extra for a detailed bill.)


--

"I don't need my cell phone to play video games or take pictures
or double as a Walkie-Talkie; I just need it to work. Thanks for
all the bells and whistles, but I could communicate better with
ACTUAL bells and whistles." -Bill Maher 9/25/2003



Reply With Quote
Reply


« BroadBand Connect deployment | Hoow can I avoid data fees when abroad on my iPhone? »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Text message double spacing? Fred alt.cellular.cingular 4 03-24-2007 02:08 PM
Text message doouble spacing? Fred alt.cellular.verizon 2 03-22-2007 06:45 PM
Nokia 6230i (Cannot send text message!) elee365@hotmail.com alt.cellular.nokia 3 01-19-2007 03:07 PM
Re: Text Message to the Rescue Fred alt.cellular.verizon 6 10-02-2006 08:12 PM
Myopic Economist article: Skype and "How the internet killed the phone business" Valiant uk.telecom.voip 5 09-16-2005 04:11 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45