Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.cingular
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Sky
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default question on Razar

I notice when I get near a radio or speaker I hear a buzzing noise. . It
is coming from the phone in the vicinity. The question is is it only
the Razar V3 that does this or do all the att phones.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2008, 02:26 AM
Jeffrey Kaplan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: question on Razar

Previously on alt.cellular.cingular, Sky said:

> I notice when I get near a radio or speaker I hear a buzzing noise. . It
> is coming from the phone in the vicinity. The question is is it only
> the Razar V3 that does this or do all the att phones.


It's a GSM thing.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled Send personal mail to gordol

Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #29. I
will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into
confusion.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Todd H.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: question on Razar

Sky <Sky@nospam.com> writes:

> I notice when I get near a radio or speaker I hear a buzzing
> noise. . It is coming from the phone in the vicinity. The question is
> is it only the Razar V3 that does this or do all the att phones.


Yup, all AT&T phones. All GSM phones. Gallop gallop.

Keep your phone away from anything with a speaker. You'll really hear
it go nuts when there's an incoming call.

--
Todd H.
http://toddh.net/

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Anon E. Muss
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: question on Razar

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 03:42:39 -0500, t@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:

>Sky <Sky@nospam.com> writes:
>
>> I notice when I get near a radio or speaker I hear a buzzing
>> noise. . It is coming from the phone in the vicinity. The question is
>> is it only the Razar V3 that does this or do all the att phones.

>
>Yup, all AT&T phones. All GSM phones. Gallop gallop.


Nope -- not on GSM 1900MHz phones; it only occurs when the phone is
synced to 850MHz.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2008, 02:49 AM
Todd Allcock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: question on Razar

At 22 Mar 2008 10:51:02 -0700 Anon E.Muss wrote:

> Nope -- not on GSM 1900MHz phones; it only occurs when the phone is
> synced to 850MHz.



I've always noticed it as long as I've used GSM, and that goes back before
anyone used GSM 850. (My current T-Mo phones do it as well, and T-Mo has
no native 850, and I'm certainly not roaming!)



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Dennis Ferguson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: question on Razar

On 2008-03-22, Anon E Muss <anonymous@example.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 03:42:39 -0500, t@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
>
>>Sky <Sky@nospam.com> writes:
>>
>>> I notice when I get near a radio or speaker I hear a buzzing
>>> noise. . It is coming from the phone in the vicinity. The question is
>>> is it only the Razar V3 that does this or do all the att phones.

>>
>>Yup, all AT&T phones. All GSM phones. Gallop gallop.

>
> Nope -- not on GSM 1900MHz phones; it only occurs when the phone is
> synced to 850MHz.


I just tried it at 1900 MHz, both with a T-Mobile prepaid SIM and with
my AT&T SIM in a 1900 MHz-only phone, and to my ear the noise I hear on
the radio is pretty much indistinguishable from the noise I hear with
a phone at 850 MHz.

Dennis Ferguson

Reply With Quote
Reply


« Re: Outgoing caller ID name from AT&T cell phone? | new logging feature found (iPhone) »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question RE: Nvidia GeForce card over heating wanker alt.comp.hardware 8 03-03-2013 03:41 AM
Could you answer this question for me? KFM Wireless Networking Discussion 1 06-25-2007 09:03 AM
OT question about small office server John Hyde comp.security.misc 14 10-13-2005 09:51 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45