Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.cingular
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2008, 02:07 AM
4phun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Serious lovin for iPhone at FlyTunes NOW 480 RADIO CHANNELS!

FlyTunes adds AccuRadio in the mix; Goes from 160 channels to almost
500!
Today, April 19, 2008, 16 hours ago | dusanb
Just as we reported that FlyTunes has added more than 100 new channels
to its offering, they've announced a partnership with AccuRadio.com
that will bring all 320+ channels of AccuRadio to iPhones and iPod
Touch models.

AccuRadio, with nearly a half-million listeners per month, is among
the top Internet radio broadcasters in the world. AccuRadio's channels
cover a sweeping range of musical interests, including rock, pop,
jazz, country, classical music, and Broadway. AccuRadio founder and
CEO Kurt Hanson is also the publisher of the aforementioned "RAIN:
Radio And Internet Newsletter", and, as such, is one of the most
prominent voices in the webcaster community.

FlyTunes CEO Sam Abadir commented: "Today's announcement that
AccuRadio is bringing over 320 stations to millions of iPhone and iPod
Touch owners proves that mobile Internet radio is now ready for prime
time — and I expect terrestrial broadcasters to follow this trend
shortly."

Full release is available on PRNewswire
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4792137&EDATE=

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2008, 03:35 AM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Serious lovin for iPhone at FlyTunes NOW 480 RADIO CHANNELS!

4phun <vic.healey@gmail.com> wrote in news:fda333dd-925c-4f64-bf5a-
ad79c0aaa5ab@e39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> FlyTunes CEO Sam Abadir commented: "Today's announcement that
> AccuRadio is bringing over 320 stations to millions of iPhone and iPod
> Touch owners proves that mobile Internet radio is now ready for prime
> time - and I expect terrestrial broadcasters to follow this trend
> shortly."
>


Ol' Sam needs to hang up the phone with his rabbi and get on the net.

There's:
Statistics

* Total streams: 1579
* Ogg Vorbis: 301
* MP3: 1137
on Icecast at:
http://dir.xiph.org/index.php
of every kind of music imaginable across the open source planet,
tonight. There's even free software to make it easy to browse through,
assuming you have a real computer.

Shoutcast has even more as I type this:

Current Statistics:
Listeners - 210,797
Servers - 22,561
4,050,048,089 served
All Natural
No Preservatives
98% FAT FREE!

Can 210,000 listeners be wrong?? One of those is me!

Doesn't the iPhone play streaming MP3? I thought it did.

Why is it every time I see something for the iPhone it has to have a
"store" attached to it??

"Coming Soon - the “FlyTunes Best" store
FlyTunes is a different kind of radio service, so we're preparing a
different kind of online store for you to enjoy. The “FlyTunes Best”
store will carry only one item in each category, and that will be the
item we've chosen as the “Best” after personally beating up, testing and
comparing with competing products.

Because we’re creating a store for people on the go, we won’t waste your
time with pages and pages of the same products – We’ll only be carrying
products that matter for you, our listener. The store will be available
on the FlyTunes mobile site your iPhone or Touch as well."

An online store for me to "ENJOY"? "Enjoy" what, handing over money for
internet radio everyone else gets for free?? What a "JOY" that must be!

You must be "Thrilled"!

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/streamtuner/

http://www.nongnu.org/streamtuner/

Ever been to Seymour, Texas?
http://www.radioksey.com/
To hear good cowboy music, you gotta go where there's COWBOYS!

YEEEEEE HAAAAA!


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Todd Allcock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Serious lovin for iPhone at FlyTunes NOW 480 RADIO CHANNELS!

At 19 Apr 2008 19:07:49 -0700 4phun wrote:
> FlyTunes adds AccuRadio in the mix; Goes from 160 channels to almost
> 500!



That'll make us non-iPhone users jealous...

....until we play those streams directly from here:
http://www.accuradio.com/mobile/


> CEO Kurt Hanson is also the publisher of the aforementioned "RAIN:
> Radio And Internet Newsletter", and, as such, is one of the most
> prominent voices in the webcaster community.



I hear he's the Fring of webcasting... ;-)

> FlyTunes CEO Sam Abadir commented: "Today's announcement that
> AccuRadio is bringing over 320 stations to millions of iPhone and iPod
> Touch owners proves that mobile Internet radio is now ready for prime
> time — and I expect terrestrial broadcasters to follow this trend
> shortly."



Actually thousands of terrestrial broadcasters are already streaming to
smartphones and MP3 phones. A handy compilation of broadcasters from the US,

Canada, Australia, the UK, Ireland, and the Netherlands are conveniently
located here:
http://tuned.mobi




Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Kevin Weaver
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Serious lovin for iPhone at FlyTunes NOW 480 RADIO CHANNELS!

"Larry" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9A85F146F3941noonehomecom@208.49.80.253...
> 4phun <vic.healey@gmail.com> wrote in news:fda333dd-925c-4f64-bf5a-
> ad79c0aaa5ab@e39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:
>
>> FlyTunes CEO Sam Abadir commented: "Today's announcement that
>> AccuRadio is bringing over 320 stations to millions of iPhone and iPod
>> Touch owners proves that mobile Internet radio is now ready for prime
>> time - and I expect terrestrial broadcasters to follow this trend
>> shortly."
>>

>
> Ol' Sam needs to hang up the phone with his rabbi and get on the net.
>
> There's:
> Statistics
>
> * Total streams: 1579
> * Ogg Vorbis: 301
> * MP3: 1137
> on Icecast at:
> http://dir.xiph.org/index.php
> of every kind of music imaginable across the open source planet,
> tonight. There's even free software to make it easy to browse through,
> assuming you have a real computer.
>
> Shoutcast has even more as I type this:
>
> Current Statistics:
> Listeners - 210,797
> Servers - 22,561
> 4,050,048,089 served
> All Natural
> No Preservatives
> 98% FAT FREE!
>
> Can 210,000 listeners be wrong?? One of those is me!
>
> Doesn't the iPhone play streaming MP3? I thought it did.
>
> Why is it every time I see something for the iPhone it has to have a
> "store" attached to it??
>
> "Coming Soon - the "FlyTunes Best" store
> FlyTunes is a different kind of radio service, so we're preparing a
> different kind of online store for you to enjoy. The "FlyTunes Best"
> store will carry only one item in each category, and that will be the
> item we've chosen as the "Best" after personally beating up, testing and
> comparing with competing products.
>
> Because we're creating a store for people on the go, we won't waste your
> time with pages and pages of the same products - We'll only be carrying
> products that matter for you, our listener. The store will be available
> on the FlyTunes mobile site your iPhone or Touch as well."
>
> An online store for me to "ENJOY"? "Enjoy" what, handing over money for
> internet radio everyone else gets for free?? What a "JOY" that must be!
>
> You must be "Thrilled"!
>
> http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/streamtuner/
>
> http://www.nongnu.org/streamtuner/
>
> Ever been to Seymour, Texas?
> http://www.radioksey.com/
> To hear good cowboy music, you gotta go where there's COWBOYS!
>
> YEEEEEE HAAAAA!
>


I used a friend iPhone to check this out. Dam iPhone will not remember your
login.
PITA..... That must be the more lovin part. That and it sounds like crap
thru the built in speaker.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Serious lovin for iPhone at FlyTunes NOW 480 RADIO CHANNELS!

"Kevin Weaver" <kevinkeithweaver@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
news:qSJOj.21012$%41.3383@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com:

> I used a friend iPhone to check this out. Dam iPhone will not remember
> your login.
> PITA..... That must be the more lovin part. That and it sounds like
> crap thru the built in speaker.
>


http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...Devices/produc
tdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A0973567

Nokia N800 Linux tablets.....BELOW $200!.....From Dell?????


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Serious lovin for iPhone at FlyTunes NOW 480 RADIO CHANNELS!

Todd Allcock <elecconnec@AmericaOnLine.com> wrote in news:fufnbi$jqj$1
@aioe.org:

> That'll make us non-iPhone users jealous...
>
> ...until we play those streams directly from here:
> http://www.accuradio.com/mobile/
>
>


Now, now....be nice, Todd.....

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...Devices/produc
tdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A0973567
N800's UNDER $200 from Dell! Way cool....(c;


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Cloud Burst
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Serious lovin for iPhone at FlyTunes NOW 480 RADIO CHANNELS!

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 19:07:49 -0700 (PDT), 4phun <vic.healey@gmail.com> wrote:

>FlyTunes adds AccuRadio in the mix; Goes from 160 channels to almost
>500!
>Today, April 19, 2008, 16 hours ago | dusanb
>Just as we reported that FlyTunes has added more than 100 new channels
>to its offering, they've announced a partnership with AccuRadio.com
>that will bring all 320+ channels of AccuRadio to iPhones and iPod
>Touch models.
>
>AccuRadio, with nearly a half-million listeners per month, is among
>the top Internet radio broadcasters in the world. AccuRadio's channels
>cover a sweeping range of musical interests, including rock, pop,
>jazz, country, classical music, and Broadway. AccuRadio founder and
>CEO Kurt Hanson is also the publisher of the aforementioned "RAIN:
>Radio And Internet Newsletter", and, as such, is one of the most
>prominent voices in the webcaster community.
>
>FlyTunes CEO Sam Abadir commented: "Today's announcement that
>AccuRadio is bringing over 320 stations to millions of iPhone and iPod
>Touch owners proves that mobile Internet radio is now ready for prime
>time — and I expect terrestrial broadcasters to follow this trend
>shortly."
>
>Full release is available on PRNewswire
>http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4792137&EDATE=


One thing I noticed about Flytunes -- it's not live streaming. It's
somehow packaged and replayed when you start playing. I could tell
this because I was listening to talk radio. I lost connection and
when I reconnected it started over from the beginning.

This seems like a waste of server and/or bandwidth resources. Just
streaming live would require a single broadcast. But restarting the
broadcast requires more.

Unless this is just somehow a byproduct of the way the iPhone works.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Todd Allcock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Serious lovin for iPhone at FlyTunes NOW 480 RADIO CHANNELS!


"Larry" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9A86C7288874Bnoonehomecom@208.49.80.253...

> Now, now....be nice, Todd.....
>
> http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...Devices/produc
> tdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A0973567
> N800's UNDER $200 from Dell! Way cool....(c;


I hope you get a commission- they're sold out! ;-)



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2008, 03:34 AM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Serious lovin for iPhone at FlyTunes NOW 480 RADIO CHANNELS!

"Todd Allcock" <elecconnec@AmericaOnLine.com> wrote in
news:ZLROj.31637$zw1.14963@fe111.usenetserver.com:

>
> "Larry" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns9A86C7288874Bnoonehomecom@208.49.80.253...
>
>> Now, now....be nice, Todd.....
>>
>>

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...rnet_Devices/p
>> roduc tdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A0973567
>> N800's UNDER $200 from Dell! Way cool....(c;

>
> I hope you get a commission- they're sold out! ;-)
>
>
>


Thanks for the info. Some friends here wanted one. Hope Dell gets some
more to sell at this price point.

I paid $198 for mine after accepting a branded Chase credit card for a
$50 discount when I got mine. Google Checkout also had a deal, too.

It's still a great price for a great little computer.

Today, the maemo hackers posted a new FLAC audio codec for us, which
works great! I can now play all my FLAC audio on the tablet, and with
two 16GB SDHC cards have plenty of room to store FLAC-encoded music.

This has been a great week on the tablet. I downloaded the new
"Minefield" and "Fennec" alpha versions of Firefox 3 browser, which
benchmark tests show runs Javascript tests 5.9X as fast as the default
mozilla browser that comes on OS2008, the upgraded N810 Maemo Linux I
switched to with the PC-based system blaster. I'm watching BBC News on
Firefox 3 as I'm typing this on the PC. There are still many issues
like the switching from normal to full screen that need some more
polishing and debugging, but, hey, it's alpha software and we're all
part of the reporting system at Mozilla to make it what the users want.

The Firefox 3 port is made for the N810 with the slideout keyboard. It,
so far but I think that will change, doesn't support popping up the
stylus keyboard on the N800, but that doesn't really matter because it
works great with the Bluetooth external folding keyboard I carry around
for text entry, anyways. I type URLs much better on real keys...(c;

I've been playing wtih a cracked iPhone that belongs to a guy that works
at Circuit City and we've been comparing notes. Crayon Physics is a
game he has on his iPhone and someone ported it to the Maemo OS as
Numpty Physics. They run almost the same on both, but the double
resolution of the N800 and the accuracy of the stylus touchscreen runs
all over the iPhone version as I can draw fine lines under objects I
want to lever up much more accurately. The tablet not involved in
running simultaneous phone software is much smoother on games, too.

I'm still exploring all the stuff I can do with the new USB Control app.
So far, I've run my USB hard drives, HP printer, my Staples USB hub,
etc. in Host mode. I can now connect to non-Bluetooth printers.

Hope you find an under $200 tablet soon enough. Do you know anything
about how to program TI programmable scientific calculators? TIEMU for
the tablet supports TI calc models V200PLT, TI89t, TI89 and TI92+.
These are .img files that run under Flash 9 from memory and I think
after I learn now to program the calc language I can use them for
navigation. The thing does calculus and graphing on its virtual screen.

-

Reply With Quote
Reply


« 8525 Help | GPS now affordable for every one »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Lieberm Radium alt.internet.wireless 13 07-23-2007 09:58 PM
Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Lieberm Radium alt.cellular.cingular 12 07-23-2007 09:58 PM
Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Liebermann! Jeff Lieberm Radium alt.cellular.verizon 10 07-23-2007 09:58 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45