Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.cingular
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2006, 10:33 PM
Rick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Text messages from website?

When (and why) did they take away the ability to send a text message from
the cingular.com website? I can no longer find the link...



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Jud Hardcastle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Text messages from website?

In article <dPv0h.603$wX.596@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
rick@nospam.com says...
> When (and why) did they take away the ability to send a text message from
> the cingular.com website? I can no longer find the link...
>
>
>

http://www.cingularme.com/do/mail/message/compose
still works fine. Maybe you were using an older link? They may be
cleaning up old stuff trying to move everyone over to CingularME.

If you're not using nnnnnnnnnn@cingularme.com (or an alias) to receive
text messages you should try it--email messages sent to the
cingularme.com address retain their correct "from" address making them
***much*** easier to reply to. There's no charge or anything but I think
you do have to register to receive & manage messages via the address.
--
Jud
Dallas TX USA

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Rick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Text messages from website?


"Jud Hardcastle" <I5i5changethistodash5rbo@xemaps.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1fac54359adcda8d989997@news.dallas.sbcglo bal.net...
> In article <dPv0h.603$wX.596@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
> rick@nospam.com says...
>> When (and why) did they take away the ability to send a text message from
>> the cingular.com website? I can no longer find the link...
>>
>>
>>

> http://www.cingularme.com/do/mail/message/compose
> still works fine. Maybe you were using an older link? They may be
> cleaning up old stuff trying to move everyone over to CingularME.
>
> If you're not using nnnnnnnnnn@cingularme.com (or an alias) to receive
> text messages you should try it--email messages sent to the
> cingularme.com address retain their correct "from" address making them
> ***much*** easier to reply to. There's no charge or anything but I think
> you do have to register to receive & manage messages via the address.
> --
> Jud
> Dallas TX USA


The link you gave me requires logging in with a username and password. It
used to be you could send a text message from www.cingular.com without
having to log in.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2006, 02:10 AM
Kryos
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Text messages from website?

Rick wrote:
> "Jud Hardcastle" <I5i5changethistodash5rbo@xemaps.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1fac54359adcda8d989997@news.dallas.sbcglo bal.net...
>> In article <dPv0h.603$wX.596@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
>> rick@nospam.com says...
>>> When (and why) did they take away the ability to send a text message from
>>> the cingular.com website? I can no longer find the link...
>>>
>>>
>>>

>> http://www.cingularme.com/do/mail/message/compose
>> still works fine. Maybe you were using an older link? They may be
>> cleaning up old stuff trying to move everyone over to CingularME.
>>
>> If you're not using nnnnnnnnnn@cingularme.com (or an alias) to receive
>> text messages you should try it--email messages sent to the
>> cingularme.com address retain their correct "from" address making them
>> ***much*** easier to reply to. There's no charge or anything but I think
>> you do have to register to receive & manage messages via the address.
>> --
>> Jud
>> Dallas TX USA

>
> The link you gave me requires logging in with a username and password. It
> used to be you could send a text message from www.cingular.com without
> having to log in.
>
>

http://www.cingularme.com/do/public


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2006, 05:00 AM
Todd H.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Text messages from website?

"Rick" <rick@nospam.com> writes:

> When (and why) did they take away the ability to send a text message from
> the cingular.com website? I can no longer find the link...


If they removed it, I'm pleased. It was a good way to spam random
cingular users otherwise. If something gets sent that someone is
going to be paying money for it should at least have some sort of
audit trail that isn't trivially defeated.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Rick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Text messages from website?


"Kryos" <kryos@not.net> wrote in message
news:3Yy0h.21$Xe6.12@newsfe15.phx...
> Rick wrote:
>> "Jud Hardcastle" <I5i5changethistodash5rbo@xemaps.com> wrote in message
>> news:MPG.1fac54359adcda8d989997@news.dallas.sbcglo bal.net...
>>> In article <dPv0h.603$wX.596@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
>>> rick@nospam.com says...
>>>> When (and why) did they take away the ability to send a text message
>>>> from
>>>> the cingular.com website? I can no longer find the link...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> http://www.cingularme.com/do/mail/message/compose
>>> still works fine. Maybe you were using an older link? They may be
>>> cleaning up old stuff trying to move everyone over to CingularME.
>>>
>>> If you're not using nnnnnnnnnn@cingularme.com (or an alias) to receive
>>> text messages you should try it--email messages sent to the
>>> cingularme.com address retain their correct "from" address making them
>>> ***much*** easier to reply to. There's no charge or anything but I think
>>> you do have to register to receive & manage messages via the address.
>>> --
>>> Jud
>>> Dallas TX USA

>>
>> The link you gave me requires logging in with a username and password.
>> It used to be you could send a text message from www.cingular.com without
>> having to log in.

> http://www.cingularme.com/do/public
>


Thanks! That's the link I was looking for...



Reply With Quote
Reply


« Re: Help in Choosing PDA/Handheld and Carrier | Re: Dedicated Server Colocation recommendations? »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
frequent text messages from 3 - how to stop them? dave @ stejonda uk.telecom.mobile 3 04-01-2007 08:27 AM
Text messages arrive twice Harlan Messinger alt.cellular.verizon 2 03-23-2007 09:33 PM
Any way to turn off Verizon spam text messages? Jules Winfield alt.cellular.verizon 19 03-09-2007 09:50 PM
text messages on the bill chavrik alt.cellular.cingular 5 12-16-2006 01:11 AM
Annoying text messages quickcur@yahoo.com alt.cellular.cingular 24 10-09-2006 04:33 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:27 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45