Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > Cellular Newsgroups > alt.cellular.ericsson
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 11:09 AM
zii kell
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sony Ericsson k750i - Factory reset and delete all information /broken LCD

Hi there,

Someone walked on the screen of my phone. The actuall LCD is cracked
and cannot be read.

The phone contains sensitive data in the Notepad type area and I have to
delete this.

I can connect the phone to the WinXp pc and interrogate the phone, but
cannot see how to delete the data as this area does not display.

Does anyone know how to perform a complete factory reset and deletion of
all user data on the phone? Note that I cannot see the screen so if
possible is there a way to do this from the PC? To be honest, if the
entire firmware is rendered unusable I won't care, because it is a work
phone and they can sort this out. This important part is to erase the data.

Regards, z

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2007, 03:01 PM
zii kell
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Sony Ericsson k750i - Factory reset and delete all information/ broken LCD

thought not.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2007, 10:09 AM
zii kell
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Sony Ericsson k750i - Factory reset and delete all information/ broken LCD

The app looks very nice but does not list Sony Ericsson phones, and I
doubt the 'phone is a CDMA 'phone.

Does anyone actually use CDMA apart from north and south America Russia
Morocco Bangledesh Latvia New Zealand the Ulkraine Estonia Pakistan and
South Africa?

I shall carry on playing with bitpim ; looks good.

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:09:00 +0200, zii kell
> <huj22mlikzq9ez6@temporaryinbox.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Someone walked on the screen of my phone. The actuall LCD is cracked
>> and cannot be read.
>>
>> The phone contains sensitive data in the Notepad type area and I have to
>> delete this.
>>
>> I can connect the phone to the WinXp pc and interrogate the phone, but
>> cannot see how to delete the data as this area does not display.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to perform a complete factory reset and deletion of
>> all user data on the phone? Note that I cannot see the screen so if
>> possible is there a way to do this from the PC? To be honest, if the
>> entire firmware is rendered unusable I won't care, because it is a work
>> phone and they can sort this out. This important part is to erase the data.

>
> Bitpim perhaps?


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2007, 07:36 PM
matt weber
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Sony Ericsson k750i - Factory reset and delete all information / broken LCD

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:09:12 +0200, zii kell
<huj22mlikzq9ez6@temporaryinbox.com> wrote:

>The app looks very nice but does not list Sony Ericsson phones, and I
>doubt the 'phone is a CDMA 'phone.
>
>Does anyone actually use CDMA apart from north and south America Russia
>Morocco Bangledesh Latvia New Zealand the Ulkraine Estonia Pakistan and
>South Africa?

Australia, and the CDMA Kingdom.. South Korea
>
>I shall carry on playing with bitpim ; looks good.
>
>Evan Platt wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:09:00 +0200, zii kell
>> <huj22mlikzq9ez6@temporaryinbox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> Someone walked on the screen of my phone. The actuall LCD is cracked
>>> and cannot be read.
>>>
>>> The phone contains sensitive data in the Notepad type area and I have to
>>> delete this.
>>>
>>> I can connect the phone to the WinXp pc and interrogate the phone, but
>>> cannot see how to delete the data as this area does not display.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how to perform a complete factory reset and deletion of
>>> all user data on the phone? Note that I cannot see the screen so if
>>> possible is there a way to do this from the PC? To be honest, if the
>>> entire firmware is rendered unusable I won't care, because it is a work
>>> phone and they can sort this out. This important part is to erase the data.

>>
>> Bitpim perhaps?



Reply With Quote
Reply


« Cell Phone Web Browsing - some thoughts about opera mini | Hemisync/Brainwave-generator for K750i ? »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45