Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > Nokia > alt.cellular.nokia
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2006, 02:51 AM
Ped
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 6020 headset symbol

The headset symbol on my 6020 is always on now and I have never used a
headset ! I can't make calls because I can't communicate with people when it
connects. I have cleaned the terminals . I suspect it is a phone fault or a
simple solution which I can't figure out.
Please help before I throw it and buy a Seimens.



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Me
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 6020 headset symbol

"Ped" <Pedhippy@aol.com.> wrote in message
news:_wQ7h.68327$rP1.53852@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> The headset symbol on my 6020 is always on now and I have never used a
> headset ! I can't make calls because I can't communicate with people when
> it
> connects. I have cleaned the terminals . I suspect it is a phone fault or
> a
> simple solution which I can't figure out.
> Please help before I throw it and buy a Seimens.
>
>

Cleaning the terminals should normally do it. Tried switching the phone
off/on without any cure? Trying a headset, if connecting and disconnecting
would help?

I'm afraid you have a problem inside the phone, perhaps some condensed water
issue making the phone sense the headset being present? If you know how to
do it, you could open the phone and clean the inside too.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Ped
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 6020 headset symbol

I opened it up and blew with a blow dryer but it didn't work but I will get
into it more if I have to now. I haven't got a headset so I can't test it
that way.
Thanks for the reply:-)


"Me" <no@net.org> wrote in message
newsnU7h.43048$Nb2.812328@news1.nokia.com...
> "Ped" <Pedhippy@aol.com.> wrote in message
> news:_wQ7h.68327$rP1.53852@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > The headset symbol on my 6020 is always on now and I have never used a
> > headset ! I can't make calls because I can't communicate with people

when
> > it
> > connects. I have cleaned the terminals . I suspect it is a phone fault

or
> > a
> > simple solution which I can't figure out.
> > Please help before I throw it and buy a Seimens.
> >
> >

> Cleaning the terminals should normally do it. Tried switching the phone
> off/on without any cure? Trying a headset, if connecting and disconnecting
> would help?
>
> I'm afraid you have a problem inside the phone, perhaps some condensed

water
> issue making the phone sense the headset being present? If you know how to
> do it, you could open the phone and clean the inside too.
>
>




Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Ped
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 6020 headset symbol

Tried it opened it up completely cleaned it with isopar wipes blow dried it
the lot and it still is stuffed.... looks like a siemens on the way

"Ped" <Pedhippy@aol.com.> wrote in message
news:NSX7h.68468$rP1.33672@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> I opened it up and blew with a blow dryer but it didn't work but I will

get
> into it more if I have to now. I haven't got a headset so I can't test it
> that way.
> Thanks for the reply:-)
>
>
> "Me" <no@net.org> wrote in message
> newsnU7h.43048$Nb2.812328@news1.nokia.com...
> > "Ped" <Pedhippy@aol.com.> wrote in message
> > news:_wQ7h.68327$rP1.53852@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > > The headset symbol on my 6020 is always on now and I have never used a
> > > headset ! I can't make calls because I can't communicate with people

> when
> > > it
> > > connects. I have cleaned the terminals . I suspect it is a phone fault

> or
> > > a
> > > simple solution which I can't figure out.
> > > Please help before I throw it and buy a Seimens.
> > >
> > >

> > Cleaning the terminals should normally do it. Tried switching the phone
> > off/on without any cure? Trying a headset, if connecting and

disconnecting
> > would help?
> >
> > I'm afraid you have a problem inside the phone, perhaps some condensed

> water
> > issue making the phone sense the headset being present? If you know how

to
> > do it, you could open the phone and clean the inside too.
> >
> >

>
>




Reply With Quote
Reply


« PDF reader for N80 | Nokia 8210 on 3 network (UK). Possible? »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can the BH-600 headset / E60 combination answer calls via the headset? raleigh2715@excite.com alt.cellular.nokia 0 01-14-2007 03:46 PM
Bluetooth Headset Sound Quality DervMan uk.telecom.mobile 0 10-27-2006 08:01 AM
BT Headset Review VicTek alt.cellular.verizon 3 10-02-2006 04:30 PM
audiovox smt5600 stuck in headset profile cpm alt.cellular.cingular 1 10-01-2006 11:54 PM
NEW PRODUCT! The Headset Adapter for Cisco IP phones Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer uk.telecom.voip 2 07-31-2005 06:00 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45