Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.sprintpcs
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2009, 10:06 PM
SMS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default New PagePlus Prepaid Plans Rumored to be Coming on August 6th.

PagePlus is rumored to be announcing a counter-strike against Tracfone's
StraightTalk plan.

Here's what's rumored to be coming:

500 anytime minutes and 500 text messages for $19.95/month (no off peak,
no mobile to mobile).

1200 anytime minutes, 1200 text messages, and 20MB of data for
$29.95/month (no off peak, no mobile to mobile).

Unlimited anytime minutes, unlimited texts, 20MB of data for $39.95/month.

Unlimited texting for $19.95/month.

5GB of data (tethered via a USB EVDO 3G card for $44.95/month.

Remember, unlike StraightTalk or Boost Mobile, on PagePlus you are
allowed to roam, at extra cost, off of the primary carrier's network.
This means that the PagePlus phone is usable virtually anywhere in the
U.S. that a CDMA network exists, something that isn't the case with the
Boost CDMA or StraightTalk CDMA plans.

These prices are usually heavily discountable, but wait and see what
forms of payment PagePlus will accept for these plans.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Paul Miner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: New PagePlus Prepaid Plans Rumored to be Coming on August 6th.

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:06:08 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
wrote:

>PagePlus is rumored to be announcing a counter-strike against Tracfone's
>StraightTalk plan.
>
>Here's what's rumored to be coming:
>
>500 anytime minutes and 500 text messages for $19.95/month (no off peak,
>no mobile to mobile).


What's the new date for this rumor? I'm interested since the basic PP
service, although inexpensive, doesn't include the features I need.

>These prices are usually heavily discountable, but wait and see what
>forms of payment PagePlus will accept for these plans.


Heavily discountable? Again, I'm interested! I didn't see anyone
offering PP discounts, but I'm very intrigued.

--
Paul Miner

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Todd Allcock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: New PagePlus Prepaid Plans Rumored to be Coming on August 6th.

At 07 Aug 2009 12:21:46 -0500 Paul Miner wrote:

> >These prices are usually heavily discountable, but wait and see what
> >forms of payment PagePlus will accept for these plans.

>
> Heavily discountable? Again, I'm interested! I didn't see anyone
> offering PP discounts, but I'm very intrigued.



I think Steve means that PagePlus allows you pay for the monthly fees
with prepaid air ime cards, which are sometimes discounted up to 10% by
online retailers. If you can buy, say, an $80 card for $72, and pay for
two months with effective rate is $36/month instead of $40.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2009, 06:26 PM
SMS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: New PagePlus Prepaid Plans Rumored to be Coming on August 6th.

Todd Allcock wrote:

> I think Steve means that PagePlus allows you pay for the monthly fees
> with prepaid air ime cards, which are sometimes discounted up to 10% by
> online retailers. If you can buy, say, an $80 card for $72, and pay for
> two months with effective rate is $36/month instead of $40.


I've never seen 10%, but callingmart.com seems to have a perpetual
additional 3% discount off their regular 4% discount with code
ca3p-1207, bringing the price of a $50 card (with $56 of value) down to
$47.04. They periodically have slightly better discounts (8%) which
brings the cost down to $46.

$47.05/$56.00*$39.95=$33.57
$46.00/$56.00*$39.95=$32.82

So basically this means that you can get unlimited voice, unlimited
texting, and 20MB of data per month, for under $33 if you buy a bunch of
cards during their 8% off sales.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Paul Miner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: New PagePlus Prepaid Plans Rumored to be Coming on August 6th.

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:26:11 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
wrote:

>Todd Allcock wrote:
>
>> I think Steve means that PagePlus allows you pay for the monthly fees
>> with prepaid air ime cards, which are sometimes discounted up to 10% by
>> online retailers. If you can buy, say, an $80 card for $72, and pay for
>> two months with effective rate is $36/month instead of $40.

>
>I've never seen 10%, but callingmart.com seems to have a perpetual
>additional 3% discount off their regular 4% discount with code
>ca3p-1207, bringing the price of a $50 card (with $56 of value) down to
>$47.04. They periodically have slightly better discounts (8%) which
>brings the cost down to $46.
>
> $47.05/$56.00*$39.95=$33.57
> $46.00/$56.00*$39.95=$32.82
>
>So basically this means that you can get unlimited voice, unlimited
>texting, and 20MB of data per month, for under $33 if you buy a bunch of
>cards during their 8% off sales.


Thanks to both of you for clarifying. Best case, it's still more than
I'm willing to pay, but I think I've found an alternative that should
work better for me.

--
Paul Miner

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 AM
Todd Allcock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: New PagePlus Prepaid Plans Rumored to be Coming on August 6th.

At 10 Aug 2009 11:26:11 -0700 SMS wrote:
> Todd Allcock wrote:
>
> > I think Steve means that PagePlus allows you pay for the monthly fees
> > with prepaid air ime cards, which are sometimes discounted up to 10%...


>
>
> I've never seen 10%, but callingmart.com seems to have a perpetual
> additional 3% discount off their regular 4% discount with code ca3p-1207,


> bringing the price of a $50 card (with $56 of value) down to $47.04.
> They periodically have slightly better discounts (8%) which brings the
> cost down to $46.



Looking back over my airtime purchases, you're absolutely right- I've
received 10% off T-Mo refills occasionally, but 8% is the best I've done
with PagePlus.



Reply With Quote
Reply


« Samsung Marine Price and Features | Motorola Q8 Price and Features »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New PagePlus Prepaid Plans Rumored to be Coming on August 6th. SMS alt.cellular.attws 5 08-11-2009 06:25 AM
Analysts say that Cheaper Prepaid Plans are the cause of lower ARPUof Verizon Wireless SMS alt.cellular.verizon 2 04-28-2009 02:27 AM
PagePlus, the Prepaid Service Few People Know About even though theyare usually the cheapest option with the best coverage SMS alt.cellular.cingular 35 09-30-2007 03:36 PM
PagePlus, the Prepaid Service Few People Know About even though theyare usually the cheapest option with the best coverage SMS alt.cellular.verizon 35 09-30-2007 03:36 PM
PagePlus, the Prepaid Service Few People Know About even though theyare usually the cheapest option with the best coverage SMS alt.cellular.sprintpcs 43 09-30-2007 03:36 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:19 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45