Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.sprintpcs
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2009, 02:27 PM
John Navas
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default NEWS: Sprint punts 99 netbook

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/07/sprint_subsidized_netbook/>

If you're jonesing for a netbook and you live in the States, Sprint
and Best Buy will sell you one for the low, low price of 99.

...

The catch is that the netbook - a Compaq Mini 110c-1040DX - must be
purchased with a two-year Sprint 3G wireless-broadband service
contract that runs $60 per month for 5GB of data downloads. Add to
that $1,440 the sales tax you'll need to pay on the netbook's $389.99
list price, and you'll be shelling out just south of fifteen hundred
bucks.

...

If the Sprint deal doesn't attract you, Best Buy will hook you up
with AT&T or Verizon instead, but they'll charge you $199 up front
for the hardware.

AT&T offers a 200MB-per-month plan for $40 - that'll run you about
$1,160 over the two-year contract. The company also has a $60/5GB
plan, plus other plans that include subsidized netbooks.

Verizon's entry-level 3G plan gives you 250MB per month at $40 and
matches Sprint and AT&T at $60 for 5GB. Verizon is offering its own
netbook-bundling plan, but if you want to skip the netbook part of
the deal they'll be happy to set you up with one of a half-dozen 3G
cards and dongles.

[MORE]

Details at Best Buy:
<http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat182100050001&type=category>

Notably missing is T-Mobile.

--
Best regards,
John <http:/navasgroup.com>

If the iPhone is really so impressive,
why do iFans keep making excuses for it?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2009, 09:33 PM
George
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NEWS: Sprint punts =?ISO-8859-1?Q?99=A2_netbook?=

Cyrus Afzali wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 07:27:01 -0700, John Navas
> <spamfilter1@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/07/sprint_subsidized_netbook/>
>>
>> If you're jonesing for a netbook and you live in the States, Sprint
>> and Best Buy will sell you one for the low, low price of 99.

>
> This is nothing new. Verizon's been giving them away to new FIOS
> subscribers who sign 2-year agreements for some time. That deal
> requires no other commitment whatsoever, although the phone company
> being the phone company, they're still hellbent on long-term contracts
> that cable doesn't require. One of these days, they'll figure out
> that's why they're an also-ran to cable.


But I think the cable companies are testing the waters. I ordered
Comcast "business class" <cough> Internet for a location and in order to
get the $89 advertised price without paying I think a $199 installation
they required a two year contract.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NEWS: Sprint punts 99 netbook

John Navas <spamfilter1@navasgroup.com> wrote in
news:esa9559thvslf7oanrh0upvds7fd200ppk@4ax.com:

> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/07/sprint_subsidized_netbook/>
>
> If you're jonesing for a netbook and you live in the States, Sprint
> and Best Buy will sell you one for the low, low price of 99.
>
> ...
>
> The catch is that the netbook - a Compaq Mini 110c-1040DX - must be
> purchased with a two-year Sprint 3G wireless-broadband service
> contract that runs $60 per month for 5GB of data downloads. Add to
> that $1,440 the sales tax you'll need to pay on the netbook's
> $389.99 list price, and you'll be shelling out just south of
> fifteen hundred bucks.
>
> ...
>
> If the Sprint deal doesn't attract you, Best Buy will hook you up
> with AT&T or Verizon instead, but they'll charge you $199 up front
> for the hardware.
>
> AT&T offers a 200MB-per-month plan for $40 - that'll run you about
> $1,160 over the two-year contract. The company also has a $60/5GB
> plan, plus other plans that include subsidized netbooks.
>
> Verizon's entry-level 3G plan gives you 250MB per month at $40 and
> matches Sprint and AT&T at $60 for 5GB. Verizon is offering its own
> netbook-bundling plan, but if you want to skip the netbook part of
> the deal they'll be happy to set you up with one of a half-dozen 3G
> cards and dongles.
>
> [MORE]
>
> Details at Best Buy:
> <http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at182100050001

&type=cat
> egory>
>
> Notably missing is T-Mobile.
>


Before you screw up and sign your life away for this piece of ****
netbook, notice IT'S HOBBLED LIKE THE SELLPHONES ARE!

For instance, there's a HOLE where the ETHERNET jack is supposed to be!
SELLphone users don't need Ethernet connections.

Another SELLphone company attempt at user controls.....

Sad, very sad, indeed......It's a company-special piece of pure crap!


--
-----
Larry

Noone will be safe until the last lawyer has been strangled by the
entrails of the last cleric.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Ron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NEWS: Sprint punts 99 netbook

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 15:06:33 -0400, Cyrus Afzali <pnsmnyv@lnubb.pbz>
wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 07:27:01 -0700, John Navas
><spamfilter1@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>><http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/07/sprint_subsidized_netbook/>
>>
>> If you're jonesing for a netbook and you live in the States, Sprint
>> and Best Buy will sell you one for the low, low price of 99.

>
>This is nothing new. Verizon's been giving them away to new FIOS
>subscribers who sign 2-year agreements for some time. That deal
>requires no other commitment whatsoever, although the phone company
>being the phone company, they're still hellbent on long-term contracts
>that cable doesn't require. One of these days, they'll figure out
>that's why they're an also-ran to cable.



Thats strange I see Shaquille Oneill in commercials from Comcast
pushing a 2 year contract. "Locked and Loaded"

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2009, 01:48 AM
tlvp
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: =?iso-8859-15?Q?NEWS=3A_Sprint_punts_99=A2_netboo?==?iso-8859-15?Q?k?=

On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 19:41:05 -0400, Ron <ron.clifford@peoplepc.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 15:06:33 -0400, Cyrus Afzali <pnsmnyv@lnubb.pbz>
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 07:27:01 -0700, John Navas
>><spamfilter1@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>><http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/07/sprint_subsidized_netbook/>
>>>
>>> If you're jonesing for a netbook and you live in the States, Sprint
>>> and Best Buy will sell you one for the low, low price of 99.

>>
>>This is nothing new. Verizon's been giving them away to new FIOS
>>subscribers who sign 2-year agreements for some time. That deal
>>requires no other commitment whatsoever, although the phone company
>>being the phone company, they're still hellbent on long-term contracts
>>that cable doesn't require. One of these days, they'll figure out
>>that's why they're an also-ran to cable.

>
>
> Thats strange I see Shaquille Oneill in commercials from Comcast
> pushing a 2 year contract. "Locked and Loaded"


Don't laugh: under that 2-year contract the monthly price
for the service we currently bottom-line at over $100/mo for
drops to roughly $55/mo the first year, $65/mo the second.

As there's no competitor we can use anyway, it's harmless for
us to accept such a contract -- we're locked in even without one.

Cheers, -- tlvp



--
Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2009, 02:34 PM
SMS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NEWS: Sprint punts =?ISO-8859-1?Q?99=A2_netbook?=

Ron wrote:

> Thats strange I see Shaquille Oneill in commercials from Comcast
> pushing a 2 year contract. "Locked and Loaded"


Why did Comcast hire Ben Stein for their commercials. I make it a habit
to not buy anything promoted by pathological liars.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Steve Sobol
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: =?iso-8859-15?Q?NEWS:_Sprint_punts_99=A2_netbook?=

In article <IiI5m.6821$j84.4885@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com>,
scharf.steven@geemail.com says...
>
> Ron wrote:
>
> > Thats strange I see Shaquille Oneill in commercials from Comcast
> > pushing a 2 year contract. "Locked and Loaded"

>
> Why did Comcast hire Ben Stein for their commercials. I make it a habit
> to not buy anything promoted by pathological liars.


Ben Stein is funny as hell. I wasn't aware that he's a pathological liar
- what makes you say that?

--
Steve Sobol, Victorville, California, USA
sjsobol@JustThe.net

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2009, 09:27 PM
SMS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NEWS: Sprint punts =?ISO-8859-1?Q?99=A2_netbook?=

Steve Sobol wrote:

> Ben Stein is funny as hell. I wasn't aware that he's a pathological liar
> - what makes you say that?


You can start here:

"http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=six-things-ben-stein-doesnt-want-you-to-know"

Yeah, maybe he's funny, but I don't want to buy stuff her promotes for
moral reasons.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Roger 2008
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NEWS: Sprint punts 99 netbook

newsgroups removed

"Larry" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9C42B55D529E8noonehomecom@74.209.131.13...
>
> Sad, very sad, indeed......It's a company-special piece of pure crap!


And it doesn't have Wireless-N either.

Me, I would want built-in Bluetooth so I can easily use my phone for the
Internet without the need of a BT dongle.



Reply With Quote
Reply


« Re: 44% of prospective smartphone buyers to choose iPhone | Where is the Sprint Pro2? »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: SPRINT posts the BAD forst quarter results. Ron alt.cellular.attws 0 05-12-2008 11:46 AM
News - Sprint selling out? Ron alt.cellular.attws 0 05-06-2008 12:27 AM
NEWS: Sprint Nextel Names Chief Executive John Navas alt.cellular.cingular 75 02-03-2008 02:04 AM
NEWS: Sprint Nextel Names Chief Executive John Navas alt.cellular.verizon 75 02-03-2008 02:04 AM
NEWS: Sprint Nextel Names Chief Executive John Navas alt.cellular.attws 75 02-03-2008 02:04 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45