Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.t-mobile
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Rumor: AT&T Planning to Launch Phone Trade-In Program in June
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default An avalanche of RETURNS?

T-Mobile plans to hire 100 for LaGrange center

T-Mobile will hold three days of recruitment next week to fill about
100 jobs at the LaGrange GA national returns center, where cell phones
are refurbished.

Are they all Androids?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Todd Allcock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: An avalanche of RETURNS?

At 13 Mar 2009 11:07:32 -0700 Rumor: AT&T Planning to Launch Phone Trade-
In Program in June wrote:

> T-Mobile plans to hire 100 for LaGrange center
>
> T-Mobile will hold three days of recruitment next week to fill about
> 100 jobs at the LaGrange GA national returns center, where cell phones
> are refurbished.
>
> Are they all Androids?



I assume this is supposedly a dig at the G1. Tough talk from a guy who's
favorite phone's refurbs are sold in enough quantities that AT&T can
repeatedly market them nationally...

T-Mo handles its warranty returns with a hot spare program. They mail
you a replacement, then you ship the dud to the replacement center. The
center then ships them all back to their respective manufacturers.
In the "good old days" when I was a Cingular dealer in the 90s, Cingular
did many phone repairs at local corporate-owned facilities (in the
backroom of a large Cingular retail store,) often while the customer
waited.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Ki4je ( http://twitter.com/Alert_Me )
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: An avalanche of RETURNS?

On Mar 13, 2:27*pm, Todd Allcock <eleccon...@AmericaOnLine.com> wrote:
> At 13 Mar 2009 11:07:32 -0700 Rumor: AT&T Planning to Launch Phone Trade-
> In Program in June wrote:
>
> > T-Mobile plans to hire 100 for LaGrange center

>
> > T-Mobile will hold three days of recruitment next week to fill about
> > 100 jobs at the LaGrange GA national returns center, where cell phones
> > are refurbished.

>
> > Are they all Androids?

>
> I assume this is supposedly a dig at the G1. *Tough talk from a guy who's
> favorite phone's refurbs are sold in enough quantities that AT&T can
> repeatedly market them nationally...
>
> T-Mo handles its warranty returns with a hot spare program. *They mail
> you a replacement, then you ship the dud to the replacement center. *The
> center then ships them all back to their respective manufacturers.
> In the "good old days" when I was a Cingular dealer in the 90s, Cingular
> did many phone repairs at local corporate-owned facilities (in the
> backroom of a large Cingular retail store,) often while the customer
> waited.


T-Mobile needs a hundred more people here in GA to do that?

The bright side is unemployment has been up in GA and T-Mobile is
doing their part in bringing it down.Go T-Mobile and Google


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Todd Allcock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: An avalanche of RETURNS?

At 13 Mar 2009 12:56:50 -0700 Ki4je ( http://twitter.com/Alert_Me ) wrote:

> > > T-Mobile plans to hire 100 for LaGrange center

> >
> > > T-Mobile will hold three days of recruitment next week to fill about
> > > 100 jobs at the LaGrange GA national returns center, where cell

phones
> > > are refurbished.

> >
> > > Are they all Androids?

> >
> > I assume this is supposedly a dig at the G1. *Tough talk from a guy

who's
> > favorite phone's refurbs are sold in enough quantities that AT&T can
> > repeatedly market them nationally...
> >
> > T-Mo handles its warranty returns with a hot spare program. *They mail
> > you a replacement, then you ship the dud to the replacement center..

*The
> > center then ships them all back to their respective manufacturers.
> > In the "good old days" when I was a Cingular dealer in the 90s,

Cingular
> > did many phone repairs at local corporate-owned facilities (in the
> > backroom of a large Cingular retail store,) often while the customer
> > waited.

>
> T-Mobile needs a hundred more people here in GA to do that?



T-Mo has 33 million customers today. How long has it been since they've
expanded the returns processing center?



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Anon E. Muss
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: An avalanche of RETURNS?

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:07:32 -0700 (PDT), "Rumor: AT&T Planning to
Launch Phone Trade-In Program in June" <vic.healey@gmail.com> wrote:

>T-Mobile plans to hire 100 for LaGrange center
>
>T-Mobile will hold three days of recruitment next week to fill about
>100 jobs at the LaGrange GA national returns center, where cell phones
>are refurbished.
>
>Are they all Androids?


No, they are iFone 3Gs.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2009, 03:52 PM
AT&T to Launch iPhone Trade-Up Program in June
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: An avalanche of RETURNS?

On Mar 14, 2:17*pm, Anon E. Muss <anonym...@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:07:32 -0700 (PDT), "Rumor: AT&T Planning to
> Launch Phone Trade-In Program in June" <vic.hea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >T-Mobile plans to hire 100 for LaGrange center

>
> >T-Mobile will hold three days of recruitment next week to fill about
> >100 jobs at the LaGrange GA national returns center, where cell phones
> >are refurbished.

>
> >Are they all Androids?

>
> No, they are iFone 3Gs.


That can not be. There have been no returns of the reliable Apple
iPhone 3Gs to T-Mobile, now Androids....

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Todd Allcock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: An avalanche of RETURNS?

At 15 Mar 2009 08:52:12 -0700 AT&T to Launch iPhone Trade-Up Program in
June wrote:

> > >T-Mobile plans to hire 100 for LaGrange center

> >
> > >T-Mobile will hold three days of recruitment next week to fill about
> > >100 jobs at the LaGrange GA national returns center, where cell

phones
> > >are refurbished.

> >
> > >Are they all Androids?

> >
> > No, they are iFone 3Gs.

>
> That can not be. There have been no returns of the reliable Apple
> iPhone 3Gs to T-Mobile....


Not to LaGrange, anyway- I'm sure T-Mo Deutschland uses a closer Refurb
Center for their iPhone returns!




Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Ron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: An avalanche of RETURNS?

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:07:32 -0700 (PDT), "Rumor: AT&T Planning to
Launch Phone Trade-In Program in June" <vic.healey@gmail.com> wrote:

>T-Mobile plans to hire 100 for LaGrange center
>
>T-Mobile will hold three days of recruitment next week to fill about
>100 jobs at the LaGrange GA national returns center, where cell phones
>are refurbished.
>
>Are they all Androids?



Why would they limit them to working on one model?

Reply With Quote
Reply


« Android users get less love - Google iHearts iPhone! ;>) | Re: V195s bootloader? »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An avalanche of RETURNS? Rumor: AT&T Planning to Launch Phone Trade-In Program in June alt.cellular.cingular 7 03-18-2009 03:40 PM
Wireless - Slow Boot After Installing Avalanche Client Live2RideHD Hardware Discussion 0 03-09-2006 02:20 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:51 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45