Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.verizon
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
P.Schuman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default bluetooth laptop adapter + LG phones

If I get a Bluetooth USB adapter for my laptop,
what can I do - if anything - between the Bluetooth adapter
and my Verizon LG VX5400 or my Verizon LG Voyager ?
Can I use the Bluetooth for the same things as the hardwired USB/LG phone
cable ?
--
----------------------------------
"If everything seems to be going well,
you have obviously overlooked something." - Steven Wright



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2008, 02:36 AM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: bluetooth laptop adapter + LG phones

"P.Schuman" <pschuman_no_spam_me@interserv.com> wrote in
news:QABEj.4743$6H.369@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net:

> If I get a Bluetooth USB adapter for my laptop,
> what can I do - if anything - between the Bluetooth adapter
> and my Verizon LG VX5400 or my Verizon LG Voyager ?
> Can I use the Bluetooth for the same things as the hardwired USB/LG
> phone cable ?


Verizon has a LONG history of disabling all Bluetooth pairings with their
phones except for handsfree and stereo headset, where applicable. They
disabled DUN, OBEX, FTP, and especially anthing that could bypass selling
you your own pictures, music, etc. between the phone and your
computer....that they thought they could SELL you on your SELLphone.

Case in point. My N800 tablet pairs with BT OBEX and DUN to an Alltel Z6m
easily. It does NOT pair with the Verizon Z6tv, the same motorola phone
sold as a Vcast box office. Disabled.

Your Verizon phones will ignore all BT calls that can transfer
files/picture/music to/from the phone and computer.....

We'll now hear how you can get a hack to bypass this.....just watch.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2008, 06:57 AM
David
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: bluetooth laptop adapter + LG phones

Larry <noone@home.com> wrote in
news:Xns9A67E6E2CEBDFnoonehomecom@208.49.80.253:

> We'll now hear how you can get a hack to bypass this.....just watch.


He may not even need a hack. I can transfer pictures, video, ring tones,
wallpaper, etc, back and forth all day long between my PC running Bitpim
and Verizon-purchased LG Chocolate using bluetooth with no problems, no
blockages, and no hacks what so ever.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Dick C
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: bluetooth laptop adapter + LG phones

Larry wrote in alt.cellular.verizon

> "P.Schuman" <pschuman_no_spam_me@interserv.com> wrote in
> news:QABEj.4743$6H.369@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net:
>
>> If I get a Bluetooth USB adapter for my laptop,
>> what can I do - if anything - between the Bluetooth adapter
>> and my Verizon LG VX5400 or my Verizon LG Voyager ?
>> Can I use the Bluetooth for the same things as the hardwired USB/LG
>> phone cable ?

>
> Verizon has a LONG history of disabling all Bluetooth pairings with
> their phones except for handsfree and stereo headset, where applicable.
> They disabled DUN, OBEX, FTP, and especially anthing that could bypass
> selling you your own pictures, music, etc. between the phone and your
> computer....that they thought they could SELL you on your SELLphone.
>
> Case in point. My N800 tablet pairs with BT OBEX and DUN to an Alltel
> Z6m easily. It does NOT pair with the Verizon Z6tv, the same motorola
> phone sold as a Vcast box office. Disabled.
>
> Your Verizon phones will ignore all BT calls that can transfer
> files/picture/music to/from the phone and computer.....


Not true with the Voyager. From Verizon's website on the voyager:
Profiles: headset, hands–free, dial–up networking, advanced audio
distribution (stereo), phonebook access, object push for vCard and
vCalendar, file transfer, human interface, basic imaging for
sending/printing non–protected images to a compatible device & basic
printer. The 5400, on the other hand, has only wireless headset capability.



--
Dick #1349
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

Home Page: dickcr.iwarp.com
email: dickcr@gmail.net

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: bluetooth laptop adapter + LG phones

Dick C <foo.dickcr@toast.net> wrote in
news:Xns9A6848DF645A8dickcrtoastnet@216.168.3.50:

> Not true with the Voyager. From Verizon's website on the voyager:
> Profiles: headset, hands-free, dial-up networking, advanced audio
> distribution (stereo), phonebook access, object push for vCard and
> vCalendar, file transfer, human interface, basic imaging for
> sending/printing non-protected images to a compatible device & basic
> printer. The 5400, on the other hand, has only wireless headset
> capability.
>
>


I'm going to Circuit City tomorrow with my N800 Linux tablet and try this
out. They have a Voyager online with internet service at the VZW kiosk.
I'll attempt a DUN and OBEX pair with it to see if it will run.

Nothing like realtime testing to dispel rumors.....(c;


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2008, 04:14 PM
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A7?=
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: bluetooth laptop adapter + LG phones

David wrote:
> Larry <noone@home.com> wrote in
> news:Xns9A67E6E2CEBDFnoonehomecom@208.49.80.253:
>
>> We'll now hear how you can get a hack to bypass this.....just watch.

>
> He may not even need a hack. I can transfer pictures, video, ring tones,
> wallpaper, etc, back and forth all day long between my PC running Bitpim
> and Verizon-purchased LG Chocolate using bluetooth with no problems, no
> blockages, and no hacks what so ever.


Ditto here on my 8300. I have it working on 3 different PCs with Bitpim
with zero problems.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2008, 02:52 PM
noaddress@nodomain.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: bluetooth laptop adapter + LG phones

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:31:17 -0500, "P.Schuman"
<pschuman_no_spam_me@interserv.com> wrote:

>If I get a Bluetooth USB adapter for my laptop,
>what can I do - if anything - between the Bluetooth adapter
>and my Verizon LG VX5400 or my Verizon LG Voyager ?
>Can I use the Bluetooth for the same things as the hardwired USB/LG phone
>cable ?


I was immediately successful with Bitpim over bluetooth to transfer
images, ringtones and contacts on my VX5400 (from verizon). It didn't
require anything special.
Should work fine.

Walt

Reply With Quote
Reply


« Digital Products on website | First Choice for Mobile World the Motorola Razr2 V8 »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laptop Display Dims With Wall Adapter Grinder alt.comp.hardware 6 06-06-2007 12:52 AM
Pairing LG VX8600 and Belkin BlueTooth USB Adapter HugeBob alt.cellular.verizon 2 02-14-2007 02:59 AM
Unable to access wireless network from a laptop / Can from other PC and laptop siliconpi@gmail.com alt.internet.wireless 1 10-11-2006 02:11 PM
Mobile Phone Comparison Website, Compare all Pay As You Mobile Phones nokianokia2u@yahoo.co.uk alt.cellular.nokia 0 10-10-2006 12:03 PM
1st PC build bryant.rossiter@gmail.com alt.comp.hardware 28 09-09-2006 09:04 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:58 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45