Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.verizon
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2006, 01:32 AM
Charlie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Jackson MS broadband installers??

It appears that Jackson MS is finally getting wireless broadband,
courtesy of Verizon. A contractor working in our plant using a Verizon
card in his laptop was connecting at 1,000 Kbytes/sec recently.

The Verizon broadband coverage map seems to indicate coverage.

Unfortunately, no one at Verizon Sales, local or national, seems to be
aware that anything is up & running. The local sales office wasn't
interested in talking to me, even if I was buying 2 voice lines with
many minutes + broadband subscription.

Any broadband installers working here in MS care to comment?

I live about 10 miles north of town, out of reach of everything except
satellite, & I'm willing to get very creative in hitting a broadband
tower if I can get someone to confirm coverage and/or show me on a map
the nearest broadband tower to the community of Pocahontas.

Thanks,

Charlie

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2006, 04:35 PM
clifto
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Jackson MS broadband installers??

Charlie wrote:
> I live about 10 miles north of town, out of reach of everything except
> satellite, & I'm willing to get very creative in hitting a broadband
> tower if I can get someone to confirm coverage and/or show me on a map
> the nearest broadband tower to the community of Pocahontas.


Don't forget that Verizon Wireless will shut you off if you use more than
10GB per month.

--
"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and
woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
-- George William Curtis

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Charlie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Jackson MS broadband installers??

Pegleg wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 19:32:33 -0600, Charlie <mcsophie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>It appears that Jackson MS is finally getting wireless broadband,

>
>
> I didn't think MS even had regular telephones let alone cellular!
>
> Like Charlie Wrangel said..."Who the hell wants to live in Mississippi?"
> -
>
> Pegleg
> U.S. Navy Retired
> Support Our Troops,
> Question The Policy!
>
> All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words:
> freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
> Sir Winston Churchill


Yer rite; its jest auful her. We cant speek rite or spel rite & you
relly dont wont to move her. its even wors her than Oregon. Listen to
them & us & stay away.

I've been to New York a few times. Fun place, but most of the population
there believes you fall off the edge if you cross the Hudson. Nice
people, but some of the most crippled I've ever met when it comes to
diverse experience.

I wonder if Rep. Wrangel has ever visited MS (or strayed from NY farther
than DC).

Charlie
Support our troops; send Jr. Bush to a home for the criminally insane &
impeach the rest.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Charlie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Jackson MS broadband installers??

Pegleg wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:40:17 -0600, Charlie <mcsophie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Yer rite; its jest auful her. We cant speek rite or spel rite & you
>>relly dont wont to move her. its even wors her than Oregon. Listen to
>>them & us & stay away.
>>
>>I've been to New York a few times. Fun place, but most of the population
>>there believes you fall off the edge if you cross the Hudson. Nice
>>people, but some of the most crippled I've ever met when it comes to
>>diverse experience.
>>
>>I wonder if Rep. Wrangel has ever visited MS (or strayed from NY farther
>>than DC).
>>
>>Charlie
>>Support our troops; send Jr. Bush to a home for the criminally insane &
>>impeach the rest.

>
>
> Charlie I hope you realize I was just funnin you!
>
> What happened to New York on 9/11 was tragic but I wouldn't go there if
> someone paid my expenses! You're correct...most native New Yorkers no
> nothing about the "outside world"!
>
> Charlie Wrangel is a total ***!
>
> Oregon?
> I figured you were kidding, but I'm pretty hard to offend anyway. I do

find it pretty amusing when someone from, say, NY or Wisconsin tells me
*I* have a funny accent.

Oregon residents are constantly telling everyone else that living in
Oregon is miserable because it rains all the time. (True about the rain
but the rest of the package more than compensates.) They say this
because they don't want more people spoiling the view.

If Wrangel had any sense at all, he'd have realized that 2 of his house
mates from MS are Dems & one also black & is about to be heading up that
Homeland 'Security' committee thing.

Duhhh....

BTW, I mistyped earlier. I don't think Jr. is insane, just criminally
stupid.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2006, 03:26 AM
Liberals HATE America !!
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Jackson MS broadband installers??


"Pegleg" <brian.pegleg.jones@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
news:ga4cl25mnv3vpp8jaashv1spckptvep8e3@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 19:32:33 -0600, Charlie <mcsophie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>It appears that Jackson MS is finally getting wireless broadband,

>
> I didn't think MS even had regular telephones let alone cellular!
>
> Like Charlie Wrangel said..."Who the hell wants to live in Mississippi?"


Rangel is a radical left-wing, America-hating, racist piece of ****..


--
Liberals are EVERYTHING they accuse the right of being.
They are mean, vicious, hateful, greedy, cold-hearted, closed-minded,
selfish, intolerant, bigoted and racist.

www.liberalscum.com




Reply With Quote
Reply


« Blackberry 8800 on Verizon | Admin rights »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45