Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.verizon
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-29-2006, 02:55 AM
Omicron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default LG VX8300

Hello,
Verizon customer here.
Got this LG VX8300 cellular.
A little help with Ringtones if you please.
What does it mean when I wish to purchase a Ringtone and I
see the following:
$1.99 1 uses
$5.99 4 uses
$9.99 8 uses

Does that mean the first time the tone plays it costs me $1.99???
And if it plays 4 times it costs me $5.99??!! What happens if
I play it twice? Or three times?? I'm confused. Seems insanely
expensive.

However, if I go to VZW Tones Deluxe and I look at the cost of a
Ringtone I see something like this:
Purchase: $2.99

Does that mean there is a ONE TIME COST TO ME of $2.99
and then I can use the Ringtone forever at no additional charge?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thxs


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Andy S
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: LG VX8300



>"Omicron" <Omicron100@gmail.com>
>wrote in message
>news:1164772519.514469.193070@j72g2000cwa.googleg roups.com...
> Hello,
> Verizon customer here.
> Got this LG VX8300 cellular.
> A little help with Ringtones if you please.
> What does it mean when I wish to purchase a Ringtone and I
> see the following:
> $1.99 1 uses
> $5.99 4 uses
> $9.99 8 uses
>
> Does that mean the first time the tone plays it costs me $1.99???
> And if it plays 4 times it costs me $5.99??!! What happens if
> I play it twice? Or three times?? I'm confused. Seems insanely
> expensive.
>
> However, if I go to VZW Tones Deluxe and I look at the cost of a
> Ringtone I see something like this:
> Purchase: $2.99
>
> Does that mean there is a ONE TIME COST TO ME of $2.99
> and then I can use the Ringtone forever at no additional charge?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thxs
>

The above prices are for the application that you have on your phone to get
ringtones.
Each use costs you money. In the case above 1 time costs 1.99, 4 costs
5.99 and 8 will cost 9.99.

You do not pay every time the ring tone is used. After they are on the
phone they are free
to use

Tones deluxe is paying for the use of copywritten material, so that's why
the higher cost

--
Andrew D. Sisson
LG VX8100 VZW AC II SINCE APRIL 1993
SonyEricsson W300i CINGULAR NATION SINCE MARCH 2006



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Omicron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: LG VX8300

Ahhh..so in other words, what they are stating in my example is the
cost of a package deal!
Buy one Rington for $1.99 or buy four DIFFERENT ringtones for $5.99,
etc.
Correct?
Thxs.

Andy S wrote:
> >"Omicron" <Omicron100@gmail.com>
> >wrote in message


> > What does it mean when I wish to purchase a Ringtone and I
> > see the following:
> > $1.99 1 uses
> > $5.99 4 uses
> > $9.99 8 uses
> >


> >

> The above prices are for the application that you have on your phone to get
> ringtones.
> Each use costs you money. In the case above 1 time costs 1.99, 4 costs
> 5.99 and 8 will cost 9.99.
>
> You do not pay every time the ring tone is used. After they are on the
> phone they are free
> to use
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2006, 02:13 AM
Andy S
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: LG VX8300

>> >"Omicron" <Omicron100@gmail.com>
>> >wrote in message

>
>> > What does it mean when I wish to purchase a Ringtone and I
>> > see the following:
>> > $1.99 1 uses
>> > $5.99 4 uses
>> > $9.99 8 uses
>> >

>> Andy S wrote:
>> The above prices are for the application that you have on your phone to
>> get
>> ringtones.
>> Each use costs you money. In the case above 1 time costs 1.99, 4 costs
>> 5.99 and 8 will cost 9.99.
>>
>> You do not pay every time the ring tone is used. After they are on the
>> phone they are free
>> to use
>>
>>

>"Omicron" <Omicron100@gmail.com>
>wrote in message
>news:1164844723.780124.327260@l39g2000cwd.googleg roups.com...
> Ahhh..so in other words, what they are stating in my example is the
> cost of a package deal!
> Buy one Rington for $1.99 or buy four DIFFERENT ringtones for $5.99,
> etc.
> Correct?
> Thxs.
>

Yes, that's correct.

--
Andrew D. Sisson
LG VX8100 VZW AC II SINCE APRIL 1993
SonyEricsson W300i CINGULAR NATION SINCE MARCH 2006




Reply With Quote
Reply


« Re: Interesting coincedence? | I upgraded to a Samsung i730 and now have some questions »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vx8300, bitpim, writing sms Esmail Bonakdarian alt.cellular.verizon 3 08-16-2007 01:49 AM
Re: VX8300 vs VX8600 RBM alt.cellular.verizon 2 04-13-2007 11:24 PM
Re: VX8300 vs VX8600 tanukiki alt.cellular.verizon 0 04-07-2007 07:22 PM
Re: VX8300 vs VX8600 Frankster alt.cellular.verizon 1 04-07-2007 06:53 PM
VX8300 Camera and Micro SD Card Jim Higgins alt.cellular.verizon 7 12-18-2006 10:57 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45