Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.verizon
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2006, 04:49 AM
John
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default microSD card reader and adapter question

I want to ask if microSD card always need reader? I have no idea what
is SD adapter used for? At first, I thought I can use that adapter to
plug-in the PCMCIA slot that connects to microSD card, but it turns out
the adapter is so small.


http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroS...&s=electronics


Please advice. thanks...


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2006, 05:15 AM
Dean
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: microSD card reader and adapter question

I've never seen a slot for a MicroSD card itself on a PC nor anywhere else
except a cellphone. Seems like it wouldn't make any sense to make a slot
that small, That's why just about every MicroSD card comes with a full-size
SD adapter. And though I had a little trouble understanding exactly what you
were trying to ask, I would say Yes, a MicroSD card always needs not only
the adapter, but the reader as well.
(Except when you insert the Micro SD card into your phone)-----I could be
wrong in regards to iPods and such...


Dean




"John" <javacc1@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1167371383.540856.116090@n51g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
>I want to ask if microSD card always need reader? I have no idea what
> is SD adapter used for? At first, I thought I can use that adapter to
> plug-in the PCMCIA slot that connects to microSD card, but it turns out
> the adapter is so small.
>
>
> http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroS...&s=electronics
>
>
> Please advice. thanks...
>




Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2006, 05:24 AM
trippy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: microSD card reader and adapter question

In article <7o2lh.5949$6f4.2396@trndny08>, Dean took the hamburger meat,
threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh Wow"...

> I've never seen a slot for a MicroSD card itself on a PC nor anywhere else
> except a cellphone.


I have one on mine. I tried using the SD card out of the kodak digital
camera but it couldn't read the file system. If I had the Kodak program
that actually utilizes the card on my computer, I'd probably be able to
read it just fine. I have the disk, if I wanted it bad enough, I
supposed could install the program but it's already on the other box so
screw it.

> Seems like it wouldn't make any sense to make a slot
> that small, That's why just about every MicroSD card comes with a full-size
> SD adapter. And though I had a little trouble understanding exactly what you
> were trying to ask, I would say Yes, a MicroSD card always needs not only
> the adapter, but the reader as well.
> (Except when you insert the Micro SD card into your phone)-----I could be
> wrong in regards to iPods and such...
>
>
> Dean
>
>
>
>
> "John" <javacc1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1167371383.540856.116090@n51g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
> >I want to ask if microSD card always need reader? I have no idea what
> > is SD adapter used for? At first, I thought I can use that adapter to
> > plug-in the PCMCIA slot that connects to microSD card, but it turns out
> > the adapter is so small.
> >
> >
> > http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroS...&s=electronics
> >
> >
> > Please advice. thanks...
> >

>
>
>


--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM

NP: "The American Way" -- Sacred Reich

"Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
and a smile."

-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"




Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Dean
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: microSD card reader and adapter question

You have a MicroSD slot on your PC?

Never seen one. Must look like an air vent hole or something.

What kind of computer?




"trippy" <silverbells@tacoshells.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1ffe709b551a1456989981@news.alt.net...
> In article <7o2lh.5949$6f4.2396@trndny08>, Dean took the hamburger meat,
> threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh Wow"...
>
>> I've never seen a slot for a MicroSD card itself on a PC nor anywhere
>> else
>> except a cellphone.

>
> I have one on mine. I tried using the SD card out of the kodak digital
> camera but it couldn't read the file system. If I had the Kodak program
> that actually utilizes the card on my computer, I'd probably be able to
> read it just fine. I have the disk, if I wanted it bad enough, I
> supposed could install the program but it's already on the other box so
> screw it.
>
>> Seems like it wouldn't make any sense to make a slot
>> that small, That's why just about every MicroSD card comes with a
>> full-size
>> SD adapter. And though I had a little trouble understanding exactly what
>> you
>> were trying to ask, I would say Yes, a MicroSD card always needs not only
>> the adapter, but the reader as well.
>> (Except when you insert the Micro SD card into your phone)-----I could be
>> wrong in regards to iPods and such...
>>
>>
>> Dean
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "John" <javacc1@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1167371383.540856.116090@n51g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
>> >I want to ask if microSD card always need reader? I have no idea what
>> > is SD adapter used for? At first, I thought I can use that adapter to
>> > plug-in the PCMCIA slot that connects to microSD card, but it turns out
>> > the adapter is so small.
>> >
>> >
>> > http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroS...&s=electronics
>> >
>> >
>> > Please advice. thanks...
>> >

>>
>>
>>

>
> --
> trippy
> mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
> sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM
>
> NP: "The American Way" -- Sacred Reich
>
> "Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
> but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
> and a smile."
>
> -- Robert Redford "Spy Game"
>
>
>




Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2006, 07:31 PM
trippy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: microSD card reader and adapter question

In article <JG9lh.3$925.0@trndny04>, Dean took the hamburger meat, threw
it on the grill, and I said "Oh Wow"...

> You have a MicroSD slot on your PC?


Ya. Didn't really realize I had it until I tried the camera card
experiment.

>
> Never seen one. Must look like an air vent hole or something.


Just looks like one of those slots you'll never use.

>
> What kind of computer?
>


HP Pavillion a819n


--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM

NP: "The American Way" -- Sacred Reich

"Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
and a smile."

-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"




Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2006, 06:26 PM
clifto
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: microSD card reader and adapter question

Dean wrote:
> I've never seen a slot for a MicroSD card itself on a PC nor anywhere else
> except a cellphone.


The Dynex "card reader" I just bought (and haven't installed yet) has a
slot marked T-Flash. It goes into the computer via a USB header connector.

--
Nazi: a person who is winning an argument with a liberal.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Bert Hyman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: microSD card reader and adapter question

In news:7o2lh.5949$6f4.2396@trndny08 "Dean" <dean173@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've never seen a slot for a MicroSD card itself on a PC nor anywhere
> else except a cellphone.


New Garmin GPS receivers like my 76CSx use them.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: microSD card reader and adapter question

clifto <clifto@gmail.com> wrote in
news:5gfl64-0qo.ln1@remote.clifto.com:

> The Dynex "card reader" I just bought (and haven't installed yet) has
> a slot marked T-Flash. It goes into the computer via a USB header
> connector.
>


For those with even brand new laptops under WinXP-anything, you may not
be able to read the big SD and other cards. NONE of the brand new
laptops at Best Buy, Circuit City or the Dell kiosk in our mall would
read my 4GB SD from RiData ($57 at Newegg, a real bargain guaranteed for
life). Getting nothing from Gateway, Dell or HP support on this issue, I
noted the DATE on the DRIVERS for the TI card readers in these laptops is
2000 and 2002! The big cards in those days were 512Kbps....No wonder it
wouldn't read them!

I called Ritek in Taiwan on Skype and talked to a nice man there who
pointed me to this Australian forum:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...s.cfm?t=517257

The Sabercomputers driver pointer is valid and download is free. I
changed both SDparam keys from 16 to 1 as per his instructions with
regedit and rebooted.

Any laptop we've installed this new driver into has been able to read and
write the 4GB or any SD cards plugged into them. When you plug the card
into the laptop, it will tell you the card needs formatting, when it
doesn't. Format it under this driver and GAIN SPACE! I gained over
250KB on the Ridata card....losing all data, of course. The reformatted
card works in everything I have to plug it into....

Just FYI. Thought you'd like to know about the laptop problem.

--
http://www.epic.org/privacy/rfid/verichip.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VeriChip
http://www.verichipcorp.com/
Tracked like a dog, every license/product/tax.
Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor,
free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their
foreheads:
17 and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the
name of the beast, or the number of his name...


Reply With Quote
Reply


« EV-DO (broadband-access) kicking of 1xRTT (NationalAccess) then ruining both! | LG VX8300 and Video »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New CF Card 16 GB as Hard Disk and bootable Reader. marco alt.comp.hardware 0 02-21-2007 04:15 PM
Any Tool to Write-Protect microSD? (or SD) Talal Itani alt.cellular.nokia 5 02-09-2007 11:17 AM
Pocket PC CF & SD Card Reader - Does it Exist? Billy alt.cellular.cingular 9 01-14-2007 04:48 AM
SanDisk microSD and Nokia 6234 Canopus alt.cellular.nokia 11 11-14-2006 08:20 PM
Specs for the HP Pavilion A1130n Desktop Pc Ablang alt.comp.hardware 0 10-02-2005 02:52 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45