Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.verizon
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2006, 04:25 AM
Ange1o DePa1ma
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Off-topic: IE7 problems


Sorry for the off-topic post but I could not find an appropriate newsgroup
to post this to.

I downloaded Internet Explorer 7 the other day and since then have
experienced nothing but problems. Most sites simply don't look right any
longer -- the fonts are off, and graphic elements are not loading.

I tried downloading FireFox and most of the problems persist in that browser
as well. I've also uninstalled IE-7 and...same problem.

Does anyone know where I can get help for this situation?

P.S. I would not suggest downloading IE7 if you're contemplating it. It
obviously has a lot of bugs and does a number on your security settings.



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Tee Shot
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Off-topic: IE7 problems

You didn't look very hard

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general


"Ange1o DePa1ma" <angelodpnospam@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ZLScnTlxAq9JnMXYUSdV9g@ptd.net...
>
> Sorry for the off-topic post but I could not find an appropriate newsgroup
> to post this to.
>
> I downloaded Internet Explorer 7 the other day and since then have
> experienced nothing but problems. Most sites simply don't look right any
> longer -- the fonts are off, and graphic elements are not loading.
>
> I tried downloading FireFox and most of the problems persist in that
> browser as well. I've also uninstalled IE-7 and...same problem.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get help for this situation?
>
> P.S. I would not suggest downloading IE7 if you're contemplating it. It
> obviously has a lot of bugs and does a number on your security settings.
>




Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Off-topic: IE7 problems

In rec.games.chess.computer Ange1o DePa1ma <angelodpnospam@nospam.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry for the off-topic post but I could not find an appropriate newsgroup
> to post this to.
>
> I downloaded Internet Explorer 7 the other day and since then have
> experienced nothing but problems. Most sites simply don't look right any
> longer -- the fonts are off, and graphic elements are not loading.
>
> I tried downloading FireFox and most of the problems persist in that browser
> as well. I've also uninstalled IE-7 and...same problem.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get help for this situation?
>


Sounds like it is an issue with some other software on your system. I have
had issue with IE7 on some sites, and with Firefox on a few and far between
sites, as is true for IE6. Some of the macromedia plugins cause issue with
IE7 as well. Font and layout issues sound like something entirely different
though.

Perhaps it is time to reload your box from scratch.
--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: D281 77A5 63EE 82C5 5E68 00E4 7868 0ADC 4EFB 39F0



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Ange1o DePa1ma
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Off-topic: IE7 problems

Thanks for trying to help but I'm tired of hearing that kind of stuff. It's
always "my system" that's screwing up, never the new program I install. I
get the same answer when another crappy program, the chess database
ChessBase, crashes my system. Why should software on "my system" affect the
behavior of what is supposed to be the industry standard web browser from
one of the world's biggest companies? It's obvious MS rushed this version to
compete with FireFox.

On the MS explorer newsgroup every third or fourth post is about problems
similar to mine. Unfortunately these problems persisted even after I
uninstalled IE7 (others report the same).

Here's a *really* helpful hint: If your browser is working fine, you should
NOT install IE7.

What a disaster.



"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:hd06h.2684$Yy1.923@textfe.usenetserver.com...
> In rec.games.chess.computer Ange1o DePa1ma
> <angelodpnospam@nospam.gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry for the off-topic post but I could not find an appropriate
>> newsgroup
>> to post this to.
>>
>> I downloaded Internet Explorer 7 the other day and since then have
>> experienced nothing but problems. Most sites simply don't look right any
>> longer -- the fonts are off, and graphic elements are not loading.
>>
>> I tried downloading FireFox and most of the problems persist in that
>> browser
>> as well. I've also uninstalled IE-7 and...same problem.
>>
>> Does anyone know where I can get help for this situation?
>>

>
> Sounds like it is an issue with some other software on your system. I
> have
> had issue with IE7 on some sites, and with Firefox on a few and far
> between
> sites, as is true for IE6. Some of the macromedia plugins cause issue
> with
> IE7 as well. Font and layout issues sound like something entirely
> different
> though.
>
> Perhaps it is time to reload your box from scratch.
> --
> Thomas T. Veldhouse
> Key Fingerprint: D281 77A5 63EE 82C5 5E68 00E4 7868 0ADC 4EFB 39F0
>
>




Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Elector
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Off-topic: IE7 problems


"Ange1o DePa1ma" <angelodpnospam@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:IfqcnZHo2cwHDMXYUSdV9g@ptd.net...
> Thanks for trying to help but I'm tired of hearing that kind of stuff.
> It's always "my system" that's screwing up, never the new program I
> install. I get the same answer when another crappy program, the chess
> database ChessBase, crashes my system. Why should software on "my system"
> affect the behavior of what is supposed to be the industry standard web
> browser from one of the world's biggest companies? It's obvious MS rushed
> this version to compete with FireFox.
>
> On the MS explorer newsgroup every third or fourth post is about problems
> similar to mine. Unfortunately these problems persisted even after I
> uninstalled IE7 (others report the same).
>
> Here's a *really* helpful hint: If your browser is working fine, you
> should NOT install IE7.
>
> What a disaster.



Bottom line, in your computer are many programs that just don't get along.
Its a fact, no way around it. Just because some changes are made via the
placing of any program on your computer to not function well with any
browser, no matter if it be MS IE7 or Mozilla Firefox (I run both with no
problems).

I don't believe in installing every cute game or program out there and then
expect no problems to occur. Based on what your using as far as processor
speeds, ram, video card, sound card, even wireless cards all have the
tendency to conflict on occasion. The main thing to remember is to make
restore points if using MS Windows XP or any OS that has the ability to do
so as to roll back when these incompatibilities arise.

We cannot blame Microsoft for all the ills of the computer or the users.

Elector




Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Nessnet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Off-topic: IE7 problems

Larry, please know I'm not TRYING to be contrary...

I have systems with WINRAR, WINZip, and tons of other stuff.
I installed IE7 without a single glitch - multiple machines with 0 problems.
In fact, it fixed some small issues I was having in IE6.

Do you have some tech dark cloud over your head. A hex or something?
Your 'issues' with this and the Aircard are NOT typical.

Or, is it 'operator error'??


"Larry" <noone@home.com> wrote in message news:Xns987A9716BC488noonehomecom@208.49.80.253...
> "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in news:hd06h.2684
> $Yy1.923@textfe.usenetserver.com:
>
>>> Does anyone know where I can get help for this situation?

>
> Post your problem in as much detail as you can in newsgroup:
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
> The experts there are very helpful and knowledgeable and glad to show off
> their expertise in making it work. Please be informed that these helpers
> are NOT Micro$oft employees, are NOT paid for their services and SHOULD
> NOT be treated like they are, ok? Any problems are not their fault. You
> have to pay to ***** at Micro$not, you know.
>
> I've also had terrible IE7 problems here. IE7 has tried to hijack
> control of file extensions like .ZIP away from WinRAR, the registered
> program in the Registry to handle zip files. The whole computer went
> berserk loading and unloading IE7 as fast as the disk drive could start
> and stop it, overriding any controls from mouse or keyboard or the gui.
> The whole system went mad! I fixed it myself by going through my
> programs, like WinRAR, and re-establishing control over what extensions
> go to which programs. IN WinRAR's case, open up the Options then pick
> the last tab on the right. Uncheck zip then recheck it, which makes
> WinRAR (or most programs) contact the Registry and update who's in
> control of what. It re-registered all the extensions I wanted WinRAR to
> handle...not IE7...and hasn't been retrashed...YET! I did that with
> video, audio, and other programs that have to wrestle file control away
> from WinXP's grasp to do what I wanted, not Billy.
>
> Good luck. Those guys will help you fix the problem....
>
> Larry
> --
> My calendar must be wrong....
> In all the stores, it's ALREADY Christmas!
>




Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Steven J. Sobol
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Off-topic: IE7 problems

In article <Xns987A9716BC488noonehomecom@208.49.80.253>, Larry wrote:
> "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in news:hd06h.2684
> $Yy1.923@textfe.usenetserver.com:
>
>>> Does anyone know where I can get help for this situation?

>
> Post your problem in as much detail as you can in newsgroup:
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support


By the way...

The microsoft public newsgroups are available for free, open access at
msnews.microsoft.com.

(No one's mentioned that yet.)

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Off-topic: IE7 problems

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in news:hd06h.2684
$Yy1.923@textfe.usenetserver.com:

>> Does anyone know where I can get help for this situation?


Post your problem in as much detail as you can in newsgroup:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
The experts there are very helpful and knowledgeable and glad to show off
their expertise in making it work. Please be informed that these helpers
are NOT Micro$oft employees, are NOT paid for their services and SHOULD
NOT be treated like they are, ok? Any problems are not their fault. You
have to pay to ***** at Micro$not, you know.

I've also had terrible IE7 problems here. IE7 has tried to hijack
control of file extensions like .ZIP away from WinRAR, the registered
program in the Registry to handle zip files. The whole computer went
berserk loading and unloading IE7 as fast as the disk drive could start
and stop it, overriding any controls from mouse or keyboard or the gui.
The whole system went mad! I fixed it myself by going through my
programs, like WinRAR, and re-establishing control over what extensions
go to which programs. IN WinRAR's case, open up the Options then pick
the last tab on the right. Uncheck zip then recheck it, which makes
WinRAR (or most programs) contact the Registry and update who's in
control of what. It re-registered all the extensions I wanted WinRAR to
handle...not IE7...and hasn't been retrashed...YET! I did that with
video, audio, and other programs that have to wrestle file control away
from WinXP's grasp to do what I wanted, not Billy.

Good luck. Those guys will help you fix the problem....

Larry
--
My calendar must be wrong....
In all the stores, it's ALREADY Christmas!


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Off-topic: IE7 problems

"Nessnet" <richard@nodamnspam.nessnet.com> wrote in
news:qo6dnU6DxqT9UsXYnZ2dnUVZ_tidnZ2d@giganews.com :

> and the Aircard are NOT typical.


I know 4 other people than me that lost their Ethernet connectivity the
minute they installed Verizon Crapware to switch the damned Aircard between
wifi or aircard....only....but not both.

You must be one lucky SOB to have everything work from all the wonderful
corporations all the time....


Larry
--
My calendar must be wrong....
In all the stores, it's ALREADY Christmas!


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Off-topic: IE7 problems

"Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in
news:slrnelhmio.5np.sjsobol@amethyst.justthe.net:

> The microsoft public newsgroups are available for free, open access at
> msnews.microsoft.com.
>
>


on (gasp) WEBPAGES?!.....how awful!...(c;

Larry
--
My calendar must be wrong....
In all the stores, it's ALREADY Christmas!


Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Off-topic: IE7 problems

"Nessnet" <richard@nodamnspam.nessnet.com> wrote in
news:qo6dnU6DxqT9UsXYnZ2dnUVZ_tidnZ2d@giganews.com :

> I have systems with WINRAR, WINZip, and tons of other stuff.
> I installed IE7 without a single glitch - multiple machines with 0
> problems. In fact, it fixed some small issues I was having in IE6.
>
>


Ok, so what? I was merely pointing out what happened to me and the
solution to the problem I found. Why does anyone pointing to something
wrong just raise the hairs on the back of your neck so you feel you must go
into attack mode? Yours worked fine. Did you have WinRAR set to answer
the call as the system default zip file handler...or, as I suspect,
something else?

Larry
--
My calendar must be wrong....
In all the stores, it's ALREADY Christmas!


Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2006, 04:57 AM
Nessnet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Off-topic: IE7 problems

No "attack mode" sir. Calling you on BS, yes.
You make blanket statements that simply aren't accurate.

It isn't that YOU have had problems, it's that you present them as
if it will happen to anyone, everytime. Doom and gloom...
It's the pervasive negativity in most of your posts.

It's all in your delivery Larry.... not the fact that you have had problems.

Oh and in my case WinZip to handle .zip extensions, WinRAR for .rar.
IE7 install changed none of my extensions.


"Larry" <noone@home.com> wrote in message news:Xns987ABDA12AA7Bnoonehomecom@208.49.80.253...
> "Nessnet" <richard@nodamnspam.nessnet.com> wrote in
> news:qo6dnU6DxqT9UsXYnZ2dnUVZ_tidnZ2d@giganews.com :
>
>> I have systems with WINRAR, WINZip, and tons of other stuff.
>> I installed IE7 without a single glitch - multiple machines with 0
>> problems. In fact, it fixed some small issues I was having in IE6.
>>
>>

>
> Ok, so what? I was merely pointing out what happened to me and the
> solution to the problem I found. Why does anyone pointing to something
> wrong just raise the hairs on the back of your neck so you feel you must go
> into attack mode? Yours worked fine. Did you have WinRAR set to answer
> the call as the system default zip file handler...or, as I suspect,
> something else?
>
> Larry
> --
> My calendar must be wrong....
> In all the stores, it's ALREADY Christmas!
>




Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Cliff Hartle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Off-topic: IE7 problems

If you just posted this problem without saying that you just upgraded to IE
7.0 I would say to try this.

Go to Control Panel, Accessibity Options and then the Display tab. Make
sure that Use High Contrast is unchecked.

Otherwise, you can also uninstall IE 7.0 in Add/Remove programs, make sure
Show Updates is checked.

Ange1o DePa1ma" <angelodpnospam@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ZLScnTlxAq9JnMXYUSdV9g@ptd.net...
>
> Sorry for the off-topic post but I could not find an appropriate newsgroup
> to post this to.
>
> I downloaded Internet Explorer 7 the other day and since then have
> experienced nothing but problems. Most sites simply don't look right any
> longer -- the fonts are off, and graphic elements are not loading.
>
> I tried downloading FireFox and most of the problems persist in that
> browser as well. I've also uninstalled IE-7 and...same problem.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get help for this situation?
>
> P.S. I would not suggest downloading IE7 if you're contemplating it. It
> obviously has a lot of bugs and does a number on your security settings.
>




Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Ange1o DePa1ma
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Off-topic: IE7 problems

Someone in the MS IE public group helped me solve the problem.

First I uninstalled IE7, but the problems remained in my other 3 browsers.
The fix involves clearing the cache, then going into internet options and
clicking on "restore default settings." I had to do this in both IE6 and
FireFox, which strangely was also affected by the new IE7 settings.

Worked like a charm.

BTW, that IE usenet group is full of complaints about IE7. I do not
recommend downloading it.

"Ange1o DePa1ma" <angelodpnospam@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ZLScnTlxAq9JnMXYUSdV9g@ptd.net...
>
> Sorry for the off-topic post but I could not find an appropriate newsgroup
> to post this to.
>
> I downloaded Internet Explorer 7 the other day and since then have
> experienced nothing but problems. Most sites simply don't look right any
> longer -- the fonts are off, and graphic elements are not loading.
>
> I tried downloading FireFox and most of the problems persist in that
> browser as well. I've also uninstalled IE-7 and...same problem.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get help for this situation?
>
> P.S. I would not suggest downloading IE7 if you're contemplating it. It
> obviously has a lot of bugs and does a number on your security settings.
>




Reply With Quote
Reply


« need a replacement phone for last 3-4 months of Verizon contract | Which is the worlds most expensive mobile phone : »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sony Vaio Wireless Network Connection problems with WEP / WPA security - SOLUTION!! nevinster Troubleshooting 16 09-20-2012 09:18 PM
COM port problems.. Alex Mizrahi alt.comp.hardware 7 01-18-2007 09:59 PM
I have a bigest worse Wireless interference problems in the whole world MicroNet Network Troubleshooting 2 04-03-2006 09:27 AM
900 MHz waverider & ISP problems nurp@pbworld.com alt.internet.wireless 3 07-16-2005 01:11 AM
Woosh problems anyone? Mikeh Members Lounge 34 01-18-2005 08:21 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45