Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.verizon
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Richard B. Gilbert
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can I use Verizon or TracFone prepaid phone on PagePlus?

me@privacy.net wrote:
> I'm wanting to use PagePlus prepaid.
>
> But the phone selection THROUGH PagePlus is limited to
> folding cell phones and I prefer one piece candy bar
> phones. (more rugged)
>
> Plus I can buy a cheap prepaid cell phone at Walmart
> for either Verizon or TracFone use.
>
> Can I buy one of these phones from Walmart and use it
> on PagePlus instead?


Your best bet is to get it from "the horse's mouth"! This forum is the
wrong end of the horse. ;-) Ask PagePlus if they are able and willing to
activate the make and model your want. I'd suggest writing them a
letter asking just that!

If they reply in the affirmative, take a copy of the letter along when
you go to have the phone activated.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Lono
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can I use Verizon or TracFone prepaid phone on PagePlus?

We bought three LG 5500 phones at Walmart for about $20 each, and
initiated them on PagePlus without problems. That was a few months ago
and the situation may have changed, but the phones run well today.

I just bought a Nokia 6315i, a small clamshell phone with browser, etc.,
after seeing others use it on PagePlus with great success.

Lono

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Justan Oldfart
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can I use Verizon or TracFone prepaid phone on PagePlus?

In article <hqg0n8$5qh$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
Lono <londotpennelli@gmail.com> wrote:

> We bought three LG 5500 phones at Walmart for about $20 each, and
> initiated them on PagePlus without problems. That was a few months ago
> and the situation may have changed, but the phones run well today.
>
> I just bought a Nokia 6315i, a small clamshell phone with browser, etc.,
> after seeing others use it on PagePlus with great success.
>
> Lono


The situation apparently has changed. The latest phone info from the
PagePlus wiki at Howard Forums:
http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p..._and_Page_Plus

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2010, 03:08 AM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can I use Verizon or TracFone prepaid phone on PagePlus?

"Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88@comcast.net> wrote in
news:sJidnaoDdMmL_lbWnZ2dnUVZ_uadnZ2d@giganews.com :

> Your best bet is to get it from "the horse's mouth"! This forum is

the
> wrong end of the horse. ;-) Ask PagePlus if they are able and willing

to
> activate the make and model your want. I'd suggest writing them a
> letter asking just that!
>
> If they reply in the affirmative, take a copy of the letter along when
> you go to have the phone activated.
>


Two strikes that bother me, Richard, no offense meant. FOREMOST is you
don't "take the phone" to be activated anywhere as that will cost LOTS
of money in the long run because the PP dealers get a cut you DON'T have
to pay if you work direct for yourself.

Best way to hand it is to crank up the new phone you like on its current
CDMA service, whatever that is, and dial #737 on it. Pageplus will
answer the call on any CDMA system in America and punch the buttons to
get an operator by following the menus. When one of the nice Ohio
ladies answers, ask her directly if the phone you are currently using
can be put on pageplus. She can read your ESN on her screen, directly,
and say yes or no. If she says yes, ask her to put this phone on
service while you have her on the phone and charge up the account with
your credit card for the princely sum of $10, which will get you 120
days of service and 80 minutes of calls. She'll program the phone right
over the air in a couple of minutes and you'll be READY TO RUMBLE!

The new programming activation will give you the phone number assigned
to your by PP and you can keep it or CALL HER BACK to have her port your
OLD sellphone or house number to the new Pageplus account for free! No
need to pay some dealer shyster to do what is SO easy to do yourself.

She'll tell you the port will be in 24 hours, but I've never seen a port
on PP take longer than 10 minutes. Go to Callingmart.com for a
discounted Pageplus PIN to put into the phone and open a callingmart
account with your credit card so they can email you the DEEPER
DISCOUNTED PINS when they have a special. Buy a cheap pin and leave it
on Callingmart's account up to a whole year, but put it in the phone the
very day your 120 days is up!.....all too easy.

Detailed instructions are here:
http://nordicgroup.us/prepaid/pageplus.html
but the numbers are now too high and haven't been updated. Current per
minute with a 10% callingmart discount is the $80 PIN for $72 at 2000
minutes, about 3.6c/min! Cheep!



--
Creationism is to science what storks are to obstetrics.

Larry


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2010, 03:13 AM
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can I use Verizon or TracFone prepaid phone on PagePlus?

Justan Oldfart <somebody@somewhere.com> wrote in news:somebody-
CEB17B.17473718042010@nntp.charter.net:

> http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p..._and_Page_Plus


Thanks, Justan.
any more URL, please post them.


--
Creationism is to science what storks are to obstetrics.

Larry


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Richard B. Gilbert
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can I use Verizon or TracFone prepaid phone on PagePlus?

me@privacy.net wrote:
> Larry <noone@home.com> wrote:
>
>> Best way to hand it is to crank up the new phone you like on its current
>> CDMA service, whatever that is, and dial #737 on it. Pageplus will
>> answer the call on any CDMA system in America and punch the buttons to
>> get an operator by following the menus.

>
>
> OK now I'm confused


I thought you would be!
>
> So by your method above.... I could in fact get a
> Verizon prepaid phone ...activate it in Verizon.....
> wait a few days and do ABOVE procedure and move it to
> PagePlus no problem??



And if you believe that, I can offer you a real bargain on a well known
New York City bridge. . . .

Go and talk to Verizon Wireless about what you want to do.

Go and talk to Pageplus.

Ask for copies of the contracts, terms and conditions, pricing etc, etc.
Take them home and study them. You may find that they don't tell you
anything you don't already know. The thing is, if you don't get copies
of what you will have to sign you are likely to wind up spending a lot
more than you needed to!!!

Remember "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!"

If they won't give you copies of the paperwork, *RUN* do not walk to the
exit!!!!!! Try a different vendor or a different store operated by the
same vendor. It's not rocket science, just your hard earned cash!


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Lono
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can I use Verizon or TracFone prepaid phone on PagePlus?

We just activated a Samsung i760, a Windows Mobile smartphone with web,
email, wireless, bluetooth, etc., on Pageplus. This particular phone was
sent as a replacement for a broken one.

No problem.

It seems that PagePlus policy is not quite "stable"...

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Steve Sobol
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can I use Verizon or TracFone prepaid phone on PagePlus?

In article <hqier7$cj4$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
londotpennelli@gmail.com says...
>
> We just activated a Samsung i760, a Windows Mobile smartphone with web,
> email, wireless, bluetooth, etc., on Pageplus. This particular phone was
> sent as a replacement for a broken one.
>
> No problem.
>
> It seems that PagePlus policy is not quite "stable"...


Really?

I can't see any ambiguity. They activated an i760 *because you'd already
activated one, and this one was a REPLACEMENT, not a new phone.*



--
Steve Sobol, Victorville, California, USA
sjsobol@JustThe.net

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Lono
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can I use Verizon or TracFone prepaid phone on PagePlus?

On 4/19/2010 5:03 PM, Steve Sobol wrote:
> In article<hqier7$cj4$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
> londotpennelli@gmail.com says...
>>
>> We just activated a Samsung i760, a Windows Mobile smartphone with web,
>> email, wireless, bluetooth, etc., on Pageplus. This particular phone was
>> sent as a replacement for a broken one.
>>
>> No problem.
>>
>> It seems that PagePlus policy is not quite "stable"...

>
> Really?
>
> I can't see any ambiguity. They activated an i760 *because you'd already
> activated one, and this one was a REPLACEMENT, not a new phone.*
>
>
>


Sorry for MY ambiguity.
That i760 was sent by Verizon to a Verizon subscriber who gave it to us
after buying an Android-based phone. I simply turned it on, did the #737
thing, and ported one of our old numbers to it. Works fine, though I
don't like WM very much.

Reply With Quote
Reply


« Re: Can I use Verizon or TracFone prepaid phone on PagePlus? | PagePlus raises unlimited plan next month. »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Verizon Wireless employess snoop on Obama's phone records Lowell alt.cellular.cingular 0 11-21-2008 10:48 AM
Verizon Wireless employess snoop on Obama's phone records Lowell alt.cellular.verizon 0 11-21-2008 10:48 AM
Verizon Wireless employess snoop on Obama's phone records Lowell alt.cellular.nokia 0 11-21-2008 10:48 AM
Does Verizon neuter phone functionality? marx404 alt.cellular.verizon 26 06-04-2007 05:58 AM
Verizon Wireless Lousy Phone, Lousy Support...What can I do? Dejola alt.cellular.verizon 4 04-27-2007 01:09 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45