Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.verizon
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Gunther Larssen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Motorola Q

I can't figure out how to get the benefits of the Q without spending
more than $100 for phone and data service.
Am I just looking at the wrong plans? Seems like I should wait for
Sprint to get the Q Pro version and then go with them...

In article <Xns9878777A2952Afakefakenet@140.99.99.130>, random electron
<fake@fake.net> wrote:

> Mark Tetrault <mdtetrault@highstream.net> wrote in
> news:3pvrc2lrfuf8utshldnk1g59ahppq0kp7s@4ax.com:
>
> > So, is this a worthy phone. I keep seeing mixed reviews. I have a need
> > for a phone at least as good as my V710, with a contacts database in
> > it. Or should I spend the extra for either a Blackberry or Treo.
> >
> > Suggestions or comments.......?
> >
> > Mark

>
> As it is delivered, it is not a worthy phone as the battery does not last
> the day.
>


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2006, 03:44 PM
random electron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Motorola Q

Mark Tetrault <mdtetrault@highstream.net> wrote in
news:3pvrc2lrfuf8utshldnk1g59ahppq0kp7s@4ax.com:

> So, is this a worthy phone. I keep seeing mixed reviews. I have a need
> for a phone at least as good as my V710, with a contacts database in
> it. Or should I spend the extra for either a Blackberry or Treo.
>
> Suggestions or comments.......?
>
> Mark


As it is delivered, it is not a worthy phone as the battery does not last
the day.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Thurman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Motorola Q


"random electron" <fake@fake.net> wrote in message
news:Xns9878777A2952Afakefakenet@140.99.99.130...
> Mark Tetrault <mdtetrault@highstream.net> wrote in
> news:3pvrc2lrfuf8utshldnk1g59ahppq0kp7s@4ax.com:
>
>> So, is this a worthy phone. I keep seeing mixed reviews. I have a need
>> for a phone at least as good as my V710, with a contacts database in
>> it. Or should I spend the extra for either a Blackberry or Treo.
>>

> As it is delivered, it is not a worthy phone as the battery does not last
> the day.


Depending on specs desired, while the Q is being advertised in the DFW area
for $99 by Verizon, the T-Mobile dash is pretty nice at ~$200. In the $200
range are multiple versions of Blackberry from assorted carriers.

My Hitachi cellular PPC lasted longer than Sprint's favorable rates, so for
the last year I carried it and a RAZR.

I want back to a single device for picture and data capture, plus browser
and local files, so I'll probably go for the HTC Hermes when released;
rumored to be $300- 400.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Motorola Q

There's a package for about $80/month but I think you only get 450 minutes.

I just got my Q free through Amazon.com last week by spending $100 for the
phone - now I'm eligible for the $100 rebate on top of it.

Battery sucks though so beware.
"Gunther Larssen" <larssengun@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:111120061135599097%larssengun@hotmail.com...
>I can't figure out how to get the benefits of the Q without spending
> more than $100 for phone and data service.
> Am I just looking at the wrong plans? Seems like I should wait for
> Sprint to get the Q Pro version and then go with them...
>
> In article <Xns9878777A2952Afakefakenet@140.99.99.130>, random electron
> <fake@fake.net> wrote:
>
>> Mark Tetrault <mdtetrault@highstream.net> wrote in
>> news:3pvrc2lrfuf8utshldnk1g59ahppq0kp7s@4ax.com:
>>
>> > So, is this a worthy phone. I keep seeing mixed reviews. I have a need
>> > for a phone at least as good as my V710, with a contacts database in
>> > it. Or should I spend the extra for either a Blackberry or Treo.
>> >
>> > Suggestions or comments.......?
>> >
>> > Mark

>>
>> As it is delivered, it is not a worthy phone as the battery does not last
>> the day.
>>




Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2006, 09:00 AM
pkstore2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Motorola Q

I get unlimited internet from Veriizon for $45 a month. Bought the extended
battery for $25 and everything is great! Added this phone for $10 to a
family share plan & am happy right now.



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2006, 03:41 AM
trippy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Motorola Q

In article <3hC5h.25376$pq4.19407@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>, pkstore2
took the hamburger meat, threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh Wow"...

> I get unlimited internet from Veriizon for $45 a month.


Why? All you must ever do is check email and web surf.

No usenet? Then it's not unlimited internet service. 10 gigs a month?
Then it's not unlimited internet service. You can easily replicate
those same features using free programs and a crappy computer you get
at the Goodwill.

> Bought the extended
> battery for $25 and everything is great! Added this phone for $10 to a
> family share plan & am happy right now.
>
>
>


--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM

NP: "All I Really Want" -- Alanis Morissette

"Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
and a smile."

-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"




Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2006, 04:49 PM
pkstore2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Motorola Q


"Pegleg" <brian.pegleg.jones@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
news:kilel25bb5auue98aiqm6kn1a3ntqr816o@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 10:00:31 GMT, "pkstore2" <pkstore2@stereoview.net>
> wrote:
>
>>I get unlimited internet from Veriizon for $45 a month. Bought the
>>extended
>>battery for $25 and everything is great! Added this phone for $10 to a
>>family share plan & am happy right now.
>>

> What do you mean..."unlimited Internet"?
>
> Your location?
>
> Your plan?


Unlimited internent browsing vs. paying per kb. I need to search for serious
things thru like Google when i am not at home and $45 a month for unlimited
is dirt cheap and profitable for me. I am in Ohio and this is a basic
Verizon plan.



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2006, 04:50 PM
pkstore2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Motorola Q


"trippy" <silverbells@tacoshells.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1fc45663176f985e98a341@news.alt.net...
> In article <3hC5h.25376$pq4.19407@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>, pkstore2
> took the hamburger meat, threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh Wow"...
>
>> I get unlimited internet from Veriizon for $45 a month.

>
> Why? All you must ever do is check email and web surf.
>
> No usenet? Then it's not unlimited internet service. 10 gigs a month?
> Then it's not unlimited internet service. You can easily replicate
> those same features using free programs and a crappy computer you get
> at the Goodwill.


If i am on the road in my car or at a convention how can i use a desktop
computer at any given moment? You can't. With the Q you can just about
anywhere, anytime.



Reply With Quote
Reply


« Motorola Q Smartphone Battery Charge | VX8300 Pictures »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorola cell phones FAQ John Navas alt.cellular.cingular 10 03-01-2007 05:40 AM
Motorola cell phones FAQ John Navas alt.cellular.cingular 0 01-16-2007 04:53 AM
Motorola cell phones FAQ John Navas alt.cellular.cingular 1 12-21-2006 01:55 AM
Motorola cell phones FAQ John Navas alt.cellular.cingular 8 12-10-2006 04:50 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:07 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45