Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.verizon
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2006, 04:34 AM
jfz@optonline.net
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default vx8300 vs. e815 reception

Anyone who has owned both phones - which one gets better reception? I
am interested only in talking. All other features are not a factor.
Thanks.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2006, 04:52 AM
Dean
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: vx8300 vs. e815 reception

I have the e815. Wife has the 8300. Both exceptional phones.

As much as I hate to admit it, the reception is only incrementally better on
the e815, just a tiny bit. After 6 months, we haven't encountered a
situation where one phone could make a call, and the other not.

Big plus for the e815: Nice big clear display.
Big minuses for the e815: It self-destructed about a month ago, I had to
send for a replacement. Stupidly designed, outmoded, unstable charging port.

Big pluses for the 8300: Rock Solid. No issues of any kind. One of the best
charging ports I've used. (Click) it's charging. No need to jiggle the
charger plug around.
Big minuses/8300: None. Minor quibbles: Verizon UI (no big deal).
Display could have been a little bigger.

In short, my experience with both is quite good overall. Unless you spend
much time in an area with very marginal reception, you probably won't notice
the difference between the two. I've never been an LG fan, but their lower
models can't compare to the 8300, which surprised amd pleased me. The two
phones are close enough to where ergonomics and electronic stability might
have swayed me to the 8300.

I believe you would be satisfied with either one.

Dean


<jfz@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:liqkm2d8tebqo25n3i8osmkugoih0b1rp1@4ax.com...
> Anyone who has owned both phones - which one gets better reception? I
> am interested only in talking. All other features are not a factor.
> Thanks.




Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Scott Ehrlich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: vx8300 vs. e815 reception

In article <dauah.11793$LH2.3455@trndny04>, Dean <dean173@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I have the e815. Wife has the 8300. Both exceptional phones.
>
>As much as I hate to admit it, the reception is only incrementally better on
>the e815, just a tiny bit. After 6 months, we haven't encountered a
>situation where one phone could make a call, and the other not.
>
>Big plus for the e815: Nice big clear display.
>Big minuses for the e815: It self-destructed about a month ago, I had to
>send for a replacement. Stupidly designed, outmoded, unstable charging port.
>
>Big pluses for the 8300: Rock Solid. No issues of any kind. One of the best
>charging ports I've used. (Click) it's charging. No need to jiggle the
>charger plug around.
>Big minuses/8300: None. Minor quibbles: Verizon UI (no big deal).
>Display could have been a little bigger.
>
>In short, my experience with both is quite good overall. Unless you spend
>much time in an area with very marginal reception, you probably won't notice
>the difference between the two. I've never been an LG fan, but their lower
>models can't compare to the 8300, which surprised amd pleased me. The two
>phones are close enough to where ergonomics and electronic stability might
>have swayed me to the 8300.
>
>I believe you would be satisfied with either one.
>
>Dean
>
>
><jfz@optonline.net> wrote in message
>news:liqkm2d8tebqo25n3i8osmkugoih0b1rp1@4ax.com.. .
>> Anyone who has owned both phones - which one gets better reception? I
>> am interested only in talking. All other features are not a factor.
>> Thanks.

>
>



I love the 8300. Only hitch? Crippled bluetooth. Amazing speakerphone!
Only other _minor_ drawback - digital only. You get to any area of the
country [ususally off-road rural] that only supports analog/amps, and you
will get _NO_ service.

We'll see how my upcoming Nokia 6256i for Verizon, with uncripped
bluetooth and digital/analog compares.

Scott

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: vx8300 vs. e815 reception

jfz@optonline.net wrote:
> Anyone who has owned both phones - which one gets better reception? I
> am interested only in talking. All other features are not a factor.


If you just want to talk, why consider either of these phone? Why not the
Motorola v925 or some such phone?

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: D281 77A5 63EE 82C5 5E68 00E4 7868 0ADC 4EFB 39F0



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2006, 12:06 AM
zwerl1@yahoo.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: vx8300 vs. e815 reception

Never heard of it, and can't find it on Phonescoop. Do you have the
model number typed correctly?


Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> If you just want to talk, why consider either of these phone? Why not the
> Motorola v925 or some such phone?
>
> --
> Thomas T. Veldhouse
> Key Fingerprint: D281 77A5 63EE 82C5 5E68 00E4 7868 0ADC 4EFB 39F0



Reply With Quote
Reply


« wireless data speeds? | LG VX8300 or Motorola RAZR V3m »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: VX8300 vs VX8600 Frankster alt.cellular.verizon 1 04-07-2007 07:53 PM
Axcess TV on E815 Larry alt.cellular.verizon 6 03-27-2007 05:34 PM
e815 and Moto H300 Jeffrey C Honig alt.cellular.verizon 3 01-27-2007 12:12 PM
Updrade VX8000 to VX8300? Frankster alt.cellular.verizon 14 11-27-2006 01:42 AM
Reception Map Movilla uk.telecom.mobile 3 11-07-2006 10:33 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:36 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45