Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > US Networks > alt.cellular.verizon
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Paul
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default When did Verizon start printing bills with ink jet printers?

Got two bills in two different envelopes for two different data plans from
two different Verizon locations. Both bills were printed on a color inkjet
printer (water soluble ink). Seems kind of cheesy.

-- Paul



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2006, 07:03 PM
John Henry Holliday
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: When did Verizon start printing bills with ink jet printers?

"Paul" <paule-nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:12ntvfronb58uce@news.supernews.com...
> Got two bills in two different envelopes for two different data plans from
> two different Verizon locations. Both bills were printed on a color
> inkjet printer (water soluble ink). Seems kind of cheesy.
>
> -- Paul


.....and how much more per month would you be willing to be added to your
bill to receive it on intaglio-printed Crane's Crest???



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: When did Verizon start printing bills with ink jet printers?

Paul <paule-nospam@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Got two bills in two different envelopes for two different data plans from
> two different Verizon locations. Both bills were printed on a color inkjet
> printer (water soluble ink). Seems kind of cheesy.
>


Odd ... the bills I got were printed using a standard print house on industry
standard stock ... not an inkjet.

Did you by chance request a copy of a bill to be sent to you? Perhaps it was
fullfilled manually? Seems odd to me either way and it can not be supported
by my own experience.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: D281 77A5 63EE 82C5 5E68 00E4 7868 0ADC 4EFB 39F0



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Frankster
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: When did Verizon start printing bills with ink jet printers?

Yeah. Sounds like maybe the original poster asked for a printed copy and the
customer service rep just printed them out on the web to the nearest printer
and mailed them to him.

-Frank

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:QZDfh.3518$Yy1.398@textfe.usenetserver.com...
> Paul <paule-nospam@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> Got two bills in two different envelopes for two different data plans
>> from
>> two different Verizon locations. Both bills were printed on a color
>> inkjet
>> printer (water soluble ink). Seems kind of cheesy.
>>

>
> Odd ... the bills I got were printed using a standard print house on
> industry
> standard stock ... not an inkjet.
>
> Did you by chance request a copy of a bill to be sent to you? Perhaps it
> was
> fullfilled manually? Seems odd to me either way and it can not be
> supported
> by my own experience.
>
> --
> Thomas T. Veldhouse
> Key Fingerprint: D281 77A5 63EE 82C5 5E68 00E4 7868 0ADC 4EFB 39F0
>
>




Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Verizon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: When did Verizon start printing bills with ink jet printers?


That's an extra 5 dollars.....

:P


--
Verizon
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verizon's Profile: http://cellphoneforums.net/member.ph...&userid=152307
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t238757


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2006, 12:23 AM
Patrick Donnelly
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: When did Verizon start printing bills with ink jet printers?

I just checked my bills and they have been ink jet since the September.
The format changed with the October bill. Looking closely, you can
see a small difference between the 2 bills, but the ink runs on the new
ones when they get wet. These are the normal monthly bills. I thought
that ink would be more expensive for that kind of volume.

}at

Frankster wrote:
> Yeah. Sounds like maybe the original poster asked for a printed copy and the
> customer service rep just printed them out on the web to the nearest printer
> and mailed them to him.
>
> -Frank
>
> "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:QZDfh.3518$Yy1.398@textfe.usenetserver.com...
>> Paul <paule-nospam@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>> Got two bills in two different envelopes for two different data plans
>>> from
>>> two different Verizon locations. Both bills were printed on a color
>>> inkjet
>>> printer (water soluble ink). Seems kind of cheesy.
>>>

>> Odd ... the bills I got were printed using a standard print house on
>> industry
>> standard stock ... not an inkjet.
>>
>> Did you by chance request a copy of a bill to be sent to you? Perhaps it
>> was
>> fullfilled manually? Seems odd to me either way and it can not be
>> supported
>> by my own experience.
>>
>> --
>> Thomas T. Veldhouse
>> Key Fingerprint: D281 77A5 63EE 82C5 5E68 00E4 7868 0ADC 4EFB 39F0
>>
>>

>
>


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Paul
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: When did Verizon start printing bills with ink jet printers?

> I thought that ink would be more expensive for that kind of volume.

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe in some twisted cost-cutting scheme VZW
has closed down their main billing center and now has their associates at
home printing bills and licking the envelopes. And every employee gets a
$10 gift card at Staples to buy more ink and paper. <g>




Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2006, 02:47 AM
Isaiah Beard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: When did Verizon start printing bills with ink jet printers?

John Henry Holliday wrote:
> "Paul" <paule-nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:12ntvfronb58uce@news.supernews.com...
>> Got two bills in two different envelopes for two different data plans from
>> two different Verizon locations. Both bills were printed on a color
>> inkjet printer (water soluble ink). Seems kind of cheesy.
>>
>> -- Paul

>
> ....and how much more per month would you be willing to be added to your
> bill to receive it on intaglio-printed Crane's Crest???


That's not what he asked for. I think the implication is that he would
have liked a laser-printed bill, or something that's at least more
indelible than inkjet.

Not to mention, laser prints tend to be far cheaper per page than
inkjet, in the type of volume that Verizon would be expected to output
in printed bills. So it definitely makes little sense, unless HP
decided to unload a lot of old inkjet equipment and supplies on Verizon.


--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.

Reply With Quote
Reply


« Strange calls from Verizon? | Razr V3M Installation »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Verizon rejected Apple iPhone deal Billybobh3 alt.cellular.verizon 53 02-05-2007 03:43 AM
Verizon Wireless to use flash technology Andromedan alt.cellular.verizon 2 10-28-2006 01:13 PM
VERIZON SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jean Duvalloise alt.cellular.verizon 19 10-14-2006 11:39 AM
Re: Anyone smarter than WD support? (wish I was). Jan Alter alt.comp.hardware 2 10-05-2005 10:37 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45