Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > News > Newsgroups > alt.comp.hardware
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Mark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default My CD drive does not eject

My CD drive does not eject and CD drive tray does not open when I right
click on the CD-ROM drive and choose the option to eject, or when I press
the eject button.



I attempted to eject the tray while booting up and it did eject. Somebody
suggested that my computer loads some kind of locking software.



How can I solve this problem?



Mark



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Dave
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My CD drive does not eject


"Mark" <REMOVEdxt44@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:CXQVg.588$FV6.499@news-wrt-01.rdc-nyc.rr.com...
> My CD drive does not eject and CD drive tray does not open when I right
> click on the CD-ROM drive and choose the option to eject, or when I press
> the eject button.
>
>
>
> I attempted to eject the tray while booting up and it did eject. Somebody
> suggested that my computer loads some kind of locking software.
>
>
>
> How can I solve this problem?
>
>
>
> Mark
>
>


As you say this is probably a windows issue not a hardware one. See what
happens if you boot into safe mode. If it is OK in safe mode then try
disabling start-up programs in the various places these are found. (hint use
msconfig, third-party utility or edit the registry yourself).

As this implies your system is compromised you should ideally reinstall
windows and restore personal data from a recent back-up.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Kenny
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My CD drive does not eject

Delete it from Device Manager and reboot. Windows will find it and reload
driver for it, it may work.

--
Kenny Cargill

"Mark" <REMOVEdxt44@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:CXQVg.588$FV6.499@news-wrt-01.rdc-nyc.rr.com...
> My CD drive does not eject and CD drive tray does not open when I right
> click on the CD-ROM drive and choose the option to eject, or when I press
> the eject button.
>
>
>
> I attempted to eject the tray while booting up and it did eject. Somebody
> suggested that my computer loads some kind of locking software.
>
>
>
> How can I solve this problem?
>
>
>
> Mark
>
>




Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2006, 09:12 PM
kony
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My CD drive does not eject

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 16:52:50 GMT, "Mark"
<REMOVEdxt44@yahoo.com> wrote:

>My CD drive does not eject and CD drive tray does not open when I right
>click on the CD-ROM drive and choose the option to eject, or when I press
>the eject button.
>
>
>
>I attempted to eject the tray while booting up and it did eject. Somebody
>suggested that my computer loads some kind of locking software.
>
>
>
>How can I solve this problem?
>



Often programs that do packet writing such as Adaptec's
EasyCD will lock it. If you don't do such you might disable
or uninstall the software but you have told us little about
the system, such as OS and software installed.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Mark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My CD drive does not eject

I have windows XP with SP2

Installed that might be related to this issue: Nero Express, Power DVD,

"kony" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
news:006gi25q52kvvh3d9vkatje7d2m0vbp0hh@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 16:52:50 GMT, "Mark"
> <REMOVEdxt44@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>My CD drive does not eject and CD drive tray does not open when I right
>>click on the CD-ROM drive and choose the option to eject, or when I press
>>the eject button.
>>
>>
>>
>>I attempted to eject the tray while booting up and it did eject. Somebody
>>suggested that my computer loads some kind of locking software.
>>
>>
>>
>>How can I solve this problem?
>>

>
>
> Often programs that do packet writing such as Adaptec's
> EasyCD will lock it. If you don't do such you might disable
> or uninstall the software but you have told us little about
> the system, such as OS and software installed.




Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2006, 08:53 AM
www.PersonalComputerDoctor.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My CD drive does not eject

to manually open the cd drive stick a pin in the little hole right
under the drive tray
Mark wrote:
> I have windows XP with SP2
>
> Installed that might be related to this issue: Nero Express, Power DVD,
>
> "kony" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> news:006gi25q52kvvh3d9vkatje7d2m0vbp0hh@4ax.com...
> > On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 16:52:50 GMT, "Mark"
> > <REMOVEdxt44@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>My CD drive does not eject and CD drive tray does not open when I right
> >>click on the CD-ROM drive and choose the option to eject, or when I press
> >>the eject button.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>I attempted to eject the tray while booting up and it did eject. Somebody
> >>suggested that my computer loads some kind of locking software.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>How can I solve this problem?
> >>

> >
> >
> > Often programs that do packet writing such as Adaptec's
> > EasyCD will lock it. If you don't do such you might disable
> > or uninstall the software but you have told us little about
> > the system, such as OS and software installed.



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Rod Speed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My CD drive does not eject

He clearly wants to know why it doesnt operate normally.

www.PersonalComputerDoctor.com <pcdrny@yahoo.com> wrote:
> to manually open the cd drive stick a pin in the little hole right
> under the drive tray
> Mark wrote:
>> I have windows XP with SP2
>>
>> Installed that might be related to this issue: Nero Express, Power
>> DVD,
>>
>> "kony" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>> news:006gi25q52kvvh3d9vkatje7d2m0vbp0hh@4ax.com...
>>> On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 16:52:50 GMT, "Mark"
>>> <REMOVEdxt44@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> My CD drive does not eject and CD drive tray does not open when I
>>>> right click on the CD-ROM drive and choose the option to eject, or
>>>> when I press the eject button.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I attempted to eject the tray while booting up and it did eject.
>>>> Somebody suggested that my computer loads some kind of locking
>>>> software.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> How can I solve this problem?
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Often programs that do packet writing such as Adaptec's
>>> EasyCD will lock it. If you don't do such you might disable
>>> or uninstall the software but you have told us little about
>>> the system, such as OS and software installed.




Reply With Quote
Reply


« Quantum Fireball lct20 cannot be seen in Windows. Help please | Video / HW problem in laptop. Vertical lines »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ST3320620AS Not Responding Rod alt.comp.hardware 2 03-27-2007 03:51 PM
interesting portable hard drive question WGBearden3@gmail.com alt.comp.hardware 13 01-28-2007 12:49 AM
Maxtor Drive Not Recognized in new XP computer - Dynamic Disk with Data dvpetta@gmail.com alt.comp.hardware 5 12-29-2006 09:41 PM
Hard Drive Recognition Jethro alt.comp.hardware 3 12-04-2006 11:45 PM
Laptop dvdr drive replacement Sergio T.P. alt.comp.hardware 3 11-08-2006 12:27 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45