Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > News > Newsgroups > alt.internet.wireless
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2007, 11:17 PM
David Sherman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default BEFw11S4 and firmware

I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 v2. I can't the flash to hold. I want to
change the default IP address of 192.168.1.1 to 192.158.2.1. The
router won't restart after I make the change.

Is there a way to flash the bios like the Linksys WT54G with DD-WRT?

thanks

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2007, 11:41 PM
John Navas
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: BEFw11S4 and firmware

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:17:20 -0400, David Sherman
<dshermin@ameritech.net> wrote in
<attc33pmmetr4su1u0gqcfh6o3hkjpvrp7@4ax.com>:

>I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 v2. I can't the flash to hold. I want to
>change the default IP address of 192.168.1.1 to 192.158.2.1. The
>router won't restart after I make the change.
>
>Is there a way to flash the bios like the Linksys WT54G with DD-WRT?


Check the list of hardware supported by DD-WRT.

--
Best regards, FAQ for Wireless Internet: <http://Wireless.wikia.com>
John Navas FAQ for Wi-Fi: <http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi>
Wi-Fi How To: <http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi_HowTo>
Fixes to Wi-Fi Problems: <http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi_Fixes>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2007, 03:07 AM
Jeff Liebermann
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: BEFw11S4 and firmware

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:17:20 -0400, David Sherman
<dshermin@ameritech.net> wrote:

>I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 v2. I can't the flash to hold. I want to
>change the default IP address of 192.168.1.1 to 192.158.2.1. The
>router won't restart after I make the change.


It's a known problem with the BEFW11S4 v2. Search alt.internet
wireless for "BEFW11S4 lost settings". 27 hits.

>Is there a way to flash the bios like the Linksys WT54G with DD-WRT?


No.

See:
<http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices>
<http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware>
for supported hardware.


--
# Jeff Liebermann 150 Felker St #D Santa Cruz CA 95060
# 831-336-2558 jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
# http://802.11junk.com jeffl@cruzio.com
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2007, 01:05 PM
David Sherman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: BEFw11S4 and firmware

Opener link
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/...cs/Hardware%29

show BEFSR41

as for DD-WRT - no support.

I can't find any good link for lost settings. Google as 12000 links.

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:07:23 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
<jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us> wrote:

>On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:17:20 -0400, David Sherman
><dshermin@ameritech.net> wrote:
>
>>I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 v2. I can't the flash to hold. I want to
>>change the default IP address of 192.168.1.1 to 192.158.2.1. The
>>router won't restart after I make the change.

>
>It's a known problem with the BEFW11S4 v2. Search alt.internet
>wireless for "BEFW11S4 lost settings". 27 hits.
>
>>Is there a way to flash the bios like the Linksys WT54G with DD-WRT?

>
>No.
>
>See:
><http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices>
><http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware>
>for supported hardware.
>
>
>--
># Jeff Liebermann 150 Felker St #D Santa Cruz CA 95060
># 831-336-2558 jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
># http://802.11junk.com jeffl@cruzio.com
># http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2007, 01:34 PM
John Navas
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: BEFw11S4 and firmware

On Tue, 01 May 2007 09:05:56 -0400, David Sherman
<dshermin@ameritech.net> wrote in
<12ee33phbpbjlel6rm4id4jcl62c7hbhav@4ax.com>:

>Opener link
>http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/...cs/Hardware%29
>
>show BEFSR41


Follow the link and you'll find just notes, not support.

>as for DD-WRT - no support.


In other words, the same.

>I can't find any good link for lost settings. Google as 12000 links.


What Jeff actually suggested was
<http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=BEFW11S4+lost+settings&as_ugroup=alt.i nternet.wireless>
29 hits.

p.s. Please don't switch posting styles (top vs bottom) in mid-thread
-- it makes the thread confusing and hard to follow. Thanks.


>On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:07:23 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
><jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:17:20 -0400, David Sherman
>><dshermin@ameritech.net> wrote:
>>
>>>I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 v2. I can't the flash to hold. I want to
>>>change the default IP address of 192.168.1.1 to 192.158.2.1. The
>>>router won't restart after I make the change.

>>
>>It's a known problem with the BEFW11S4 v2. Search alt.internet
>>wireless for "BEFW11S4 lost settings". 27 hits.
>>
>>>Is there a way to flash the bios like the Linksys WT54G with DD-WRT?

>>
>>No.
>>
>>See:
>><http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices>
>><http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware>
>>for supported hardware.


--
Best regards, FAQ for Wireless Internet: <http://Wireless.wikia.com>
John Navas FAQ for Wi-Fi: <http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi>
Wi-Fi How To: <http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi_HowTo>
Fixes to Wi-Fi Problems: <http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi_Fixes>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Jeff Liebermann
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: BEFw11S4 and firmware

David Sherman <dshermin@ameritech.net> hath wroth:

>Opener link
>http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/...cs/Hardware%29
>
>show BEFSR41


The BEFSR41 is just an ethernet router. No wireless. It's in the
same "family" of boards as the BEFW11S4, but uses a different chipset.
Won't work.

>as for DD-WRT - no support.


Yep.

>I can't find any good link for lost settings. Google as 12000 links.


See John's posting for the exact URL.

The idea was to teach you how to search a newsgroup *BEFORE* asking.
The trick is to pick the correct buzzwords, which incidentally took me
several tries. You use Google Groups to search usenet news, not the
general Google search of the entire internet.

Start here:
<http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en>
I suggest you bookmark this page as it's a bit clumsy to navigate to
from the Google home page.

- In the "Group" box, insert "alt.internet.wireless" without the
quotes.
- In the "Find messages with all the words", insert "BEFW11S4 lost
settings" without the quotes.
- Hit "Google Search" button.

I get 28 hits.


--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Reply With Quote
Reply


« Help, can not send mail via my router, I think port setting | Help! Different wifi providers question - UK »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Third Party Firmware Linksys BEFW11S4 ? CarlosAntenna alt.internet.wireless 26 05-02-2010 10:18 PM
Linksys BEFW11S4 - need older firmware (see inside) Froggie the Gremlin alt.internet.wireless 22 10-27-2007 06:25 PM
Bridging LAN and WAN ethernet on Linksys BEFW11S4 v.4 (Firmware Version: 1.52.02) mylesv@gmail.com alt.internet.wireless 1 01-23-2007 09:33 PM
Unstable connection using a Linksys BEFW11S4 and Netopia 2241N knuj00@hotmail.com alt.internet.wireless 17 11-14-2006 11:37 PM
56k dial up on laptop 802.11G ? bumtracks alt.internet.wireless 117 08-06-2005 06:09 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:32 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45