Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > News > Newsgroups > alt.internet.wireless
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2005, 05:43 PM
damo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default linksys wga54g

Has anyone got one? I have a problem with mine:

1. the set-up software will not recognise it.

2. I can ping 192.168.1.250 (management ip) but as soon as I attempt to
access via a web browser I have a problem. I am able to input the
default id and password but the browser hangs. If i try a ping
192.168.1.250 -t at the same time all is well until I input the password
and hit 'enter'; then the ping times out.

3. the power light is, after the unit has been on for 5 seconds or so,
always orange. surely, if it is working correctly it should be green?

Please don't give me any advice about wireless set-up or encryption - I
have not got that far yet as I have not been able to manually configure
the device!

TIA,
Damo

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-23-2005, 07:22 AM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: linksys wga54g

Only a thought but try disabling your firewall if you have one, mine stopped
me accessing the set-up screens.
Cheers T

"damo" <damo@nottodayplease.com> wrote in message
news:R8oOe.5710$o4.2681@newsfe7-win.ntli.net...
> Has anyone got one? I have a problem with mine:
>
> 1. the set-up software will not recognise it.
>
> 2. I can ping 192.168.1.250 (management ip) but as soon as I attempt to
> access via a web browser I have a problem. I am able to input the default
> id and password but the browser hangs. If i try a ping 192.168.1.250 -t at
> the same time all is well until I input the password and hit 'enter'; then
> the ping times out.
>
> 3. the power light is, after the unit has been on for 5 seconds or so,
> always orange. surely, if it is working correctly it should be green?
>
> Please don't give me any advice about wireless set-up or encryption - I
> have not got that far yet as I have not been able to manually configure
> the device!
>
> TIA,
> Damo




Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-23-2005, 11:57 PM
Andrew Nisbet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: linksys wga54g

damo wrote:

> surely, if it is working correctly it should be green?


Not sure about the wga54g but the wrtgs54 & befsx41 but run with a
green led ... didnt look for the manual for what orange means, are the
setting factory default? if not might be worth a try.

Is it new/ new to you? have you logged in before etc?.

Andrew


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2005, 06:32 PM
damo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: linksys wga54g

Andrew Nisbet wrote:
> damo wrote:
>
>
>>surely, if it is working correctly it should be green?

>
>
> Not sure about the wga54g but the wrtgs54 & befsx41 but run with a
> green led ... didnt look for the manual for what orange means, are the
> setting factory default? if not might be worth a try.
>
> Is it new/ new to you? have you logged in before etc?.
>
> Andrew
>


That's the problem. It is an ebay purchase.... I have only managed to
get as far as I have said in my OP.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2005, 03:25 AM
Andrew Nisbet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: linksys wga54g

ok, the manual (ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/wga54g_ug.pdf) mentions the
light should be green, and does not mention an orange or amber led.

It looks like simply pressing the reset button does the factory reset,
i.e. it does not say for how long ... as the .250 is the default
address it may not make a difference, but worth a try.

Not sure if you can reload the firmware via tftp, it only mentions the
web interface, that might be the problem as is has basic connectivity
vi ip and things seem to go bad (oragne) after some inital tests are run

good luck.

A.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2005, 09:44 PM
damo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: linksys wga54g

Andrew Nisbet wrote:
> ok, the manual (ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/wga54g_ug.pdf) mentions the
> light should be green, and does not mention an orange or amber led.
>
> It looks like simply pressing the reset button does the factory reset,
> i.e. it does not say for how long ... as the .250 is the default
> address it may not make a difference, but worth a try.
>
> Not sure if you can reload the firmware via tftp, it only mentions the
> web interface, that might be the problem as is has basic connectivity
> vi ip and things seem to go bad (oragne) after some inital tests are run
>
> good luck.
>
> A.


had it confirmed by linksys support that it is a firmware problem. no
way of fixing via tftp (which I guessed). pity.

Reply With Quote
Reply


« Utility for doing a hard reset on Airport Graphite? | b/X%F check out this kick *** casino b/X%F »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plan: Network Dlink & LInksys, on 2 network Wlan via WDS TJROCKSTAR Network Troubleshooting 2 02-21-2008 03:26 PM
Linksys Hookup Nightmare ralphbowman alt.internet.wireless 14 12-03-2006 06:08 PM
PPPoE Linksys WRT54G help needed jim_luby@mindspring.com alt.internet.wireless 1 11-12-2006 08:41 PM
Dell Laptop confuses Linksys Wireless G card as a Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card ? riggor99999 alt.internet.wireless 6 11-08-2005 09:48 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:38 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45