Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > Australian Networks > aus.comms.mobile
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2007, 04:59 AM
Noodle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Free Australian SIM card

Call 1300-362-354 and tell them you want the "VIP Plan".

They will send you the free SIM card.

http://www.slimtel.com.au/index.php?v=Mobile_Plans&sv=VIP_$0_Plan


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2007, 06:36 AM
Rod Speed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card

Noodle <noodle@spam.la> wrote:

> Call 1300-362-354 and tell them you want the "VIP Plan".


> They will send you the free SIM card.


> http://www.slimtel.com.au/index.php?v=Mobile_Plans&sv=VIP_$0_Plan


You have to send them a statement from a current provider
and that number gets ported, you cant get a new number.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Michael J
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card


"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:5fe3b7F3784c8U1@mid.individual.net...
> Noodle <noodle@spam.la> wrote:
>
>> Call 1300-362-354 and tell them you want the "VIP Plan".

>
>> They will send you the free SIM card.

>
>> http://www.slimtel.com.au/index.php?v=Mobile_Plans&sv=VIP_$0_Plan

>
> You have to send them a statement from a current provider
> and that number gets ported, you cant get a new number.


I got one of these lately. Mine was on prepaid, so no statement

I dont think they care about the statement, frankly
>
>




Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Rod Speed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card

Michael J <michael@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:5fe3b7F3784c8U1@mid.individual.net...
>> Noodle <noodle@spam.la> wrote:
>>
>>> Call 1300-362-354 and tell them you want the "VIP Plan".

>>
>>> They will send you the free SIM card.

>>
>>> http://www.slimtel.com.au/index.php?v=Mobile_Plans&sv=VIP_$0_Plan

>>
>> You have to send them a statement from a current provider
>> and that number gets ported, you cant get a new number.


> I got one of these lately. Mine was on prepaid, so no statement


You just use the recharge receipt in that case.

> I dont think they care about the statement, frankly


They do actually, you wont get the sim without one or the other.



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2007, 09:17 PM
other-news@usa.net
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:02:22 GMT, "Michael J" <michael@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>
>"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote in message
>news:5fe3b7F3784c8U1@mid.individual.net...
>> Noodle <noodle@spam.la> wrote:
>>
>>> Call 1300-362-354 and tell them you want the "VIP Plan".

>>
>>> They will send you the free SIM card.

>>
>>> http://www.slimtel.com.au/index.php?v=Mobile_Plans&sv=VIP_$0_Plan

>>
>> You have to send them a statement from a current provider
>> and that number gets ported, you cant get a new number.

>
>I got one of these lately. Mine was on prepaid, so no statement
>
>I dont think they care about the statement, frankly
>>
>>

>


Got postpaid. They seem on the ball and responsive.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Michael J
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card

>> I got one of these lately. Mine was on prepaid, so no statement
>
> You just use the recharge receipt in that case.


What recharge receipt?

>> I dont think they care about the statement, frankly

>
> They do actually, you wont get the sim without one or the other.


You been knocked back?

I didn't have to provide anything.



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Rod Speed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card

Michael J <michael@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> I got one of these lately. Mine was on prepaid, so no statement


>> You just use the recharge receipt in that case.


> What recharge receipt?


When you recharge the prepaid, stupid.

>>> I dont think they care about the statement, frankly


>> They do actually, you wont get the sim without one or the other.


> You been knocked back?


Nope.

> I didn't have to provide anything.


They require that now.



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Michael J
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card


"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:5fm8dtF3a7b2mU1@mid.individual.net...
> Michael J <michael@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>>> I got one of these lately. Mine was on prepaid, so no statement

>
>>> You just use the recharge receipt in that case.

>
>> What recharge receipt?

>
> When you recharge the prepaid, stupid.


Thats my point, I dont ever recharge prepaids

>>>> I dont think they care about the statement, frankly

>
>>> They do actually, you wont get the sim without one or the other.

>
>> You been knocked back?

>
> Nope.
>
>> I didn't have to provide anything.

>
> They require that now.


OK
>
>




Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Rod Speed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card

Michael J <michael@yahoo.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Michael J <michael@yahoo.com> wrote


>>>>> I got one of these lately. Mine was on prepaid, so no statement


>>>> You just use the recharge receipt in that case.


>>> What recharge receipt?


>> When you recharge the prepaid, stupid.


> Thats my point, I dont ever recharge prepaids


They dont want those as customers now.

>>>>> I dont think they care about the statement, frankly


>>>> They do actually, you wont get the sim without one or the other.


>>> You been knocked back?


>> Nope.


>>> I didn't have to provide anything.


>> They require that now.


> OK




Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Michael J
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card


"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:5g4nq6F3elm6bU1@mid.individual.net...
> Michael J <michael@yahoo.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Michael J <michael@yahoo.com> wrote

>
>>>>>> I got one of these lately. Mine was on prepaid, so no statement

>
>>>>> You just use the recharge receipt in that case.

>
>>>> What recharge receipt?

>
>>> When you recharge the prepaid, stupid.

>
>> Thats my point, I dont ever recharge prepaids

>
> They dont want those as customers now.


I know. Havent for years.




Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2007, 01:24 PM
kyte
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card

On 2007-07-09 14:59:23 +1000, Noodle <noodle@spam.la> said:

> Call 1300-362-354 and tell them you want the "VIP Plan".
>
> They will send you the free SIM card.
>
> http://www.slimtel.com.au/index.php?v=Mobile_Plans&sv=VIP_$0_Plan


This could be a good replacement for iSIM.

*thinks*


--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2007, 10:03 PM
kyte
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card

In article
<1183957163.348564.289090@e9g2000prf.googlegroups. com>Noodle
<noodle@spam.la> wrote:
> Call 1300-362-354 and tell them you want the "VIP Plan".


> They will send you the free SIM card.


> http://www.slimtel.com.au/index.php?v=Mobile_Plans&sv=VIP_$0_Plan


Looks good, but MMS is expensive isn't it? $1.65?

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo


Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Michael J
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card


"kyte" <kyteflyer@spamthis.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:nemoFri072007080327@news.internode.on.net...
> In article
> <1183957163.348564.289090@e9g2000prf.googlegroups. com>Noodle
> <noodle@spam.la> wrote:
>> Call 1300-362-354 and tell them you want the "VIP Plan".

>
>> They will send you the free SIM card.

>
>> http://www.slimtel.com.au/index.php?v=Mobile_Plans&sv=VIP_$0_Plan

>
> Looks good, but MMS is expensive isn't it? $1.65?


Who cares?
>
> --
> I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
> You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
>




Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Rod Speed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card

kyte <kyteflyer@snafu.gmail.com> wrote
> Noodle <noodle@spam.la> said


>> Call 1300-362-354 and tell them you want the "VIP Plan".


>> They will send you the free SIM card.


>> http://www.slimtel.com.au/index.php?v=Mobile_Plans&sv=VIP_$0_Plan


> This could be a good replacement for iSIM.


Yeah, got some real advantages convenience wise.

The main advantage with the iSIM is that its a much bigger operation with no chance of going bust
etc.

> *thinks*


Dangerous business, can end in tears before bedtime.



Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2007, 04:09 AM
Michael J
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card


"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:5gcefoF36o4n8U1@mid.individual.net...
> kyte <kyteflyer@snafu.gmail.com> wrote
>> Noodle <noodle@spam.la> said

>
>>> Call 1300-362-354 and tell them you want the "VIP Plan".

>
>>> They will send you the free SIM card.

>
>>> http://www.slimtel.com.au/index.php?v=Mobile_Plans&sv=VIP_$0_Plan

>
>> This could be a good replacement for iSIM.

>
> Yeah, got some real advantages convenience wise.
>
> The main advantage with the iSIM is that its a much bigger operation with
> no chance of going bust


Doesnt really matter, you just port away

> etc.
>
>> *thinks*

>
> Dangerous business, can end in tears before bedtime.
>




Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2007, 04:23 AM
Rod Speed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card

Michael J <michael@yahoo.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> kyte <kyteflyer@snafu.gmail.com> wrote
>>> Noodle <noodle@spam.la> said


>>>> Call 1300-362-354 and tell them you want the "VIP Plan".


>>>> They will send you the free SIM card.


>>>> http://www.slimtel.com.au/index.php?v=Mobile_Plans&sv=VIP_$0_Plan


>>> This could be a good replacement for iSIM.


>> Yeah, got some real advantages convenience wise.


>> The main advantage with the iSIM is that its a much bigger operation with no chance of going bust
>> etc.


> Doesnt really matter, you just port away


Much better if you dont have to.

Its bound to happen when its least convenient.

>>> *thinks*


>> Dangerous business, can end in tears before bedtime.




Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2007, 07:48 AM
kyte
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free Australian SIM card

On 2007-07-21 04:50:30 +1000, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> said:

>>>

>
>> This could be a good replacement for iSIM.

>
> Yeah, got some real advantages convenience wise.
>
> The main advantage with the iSIM is that its a much bigger operation
> with no chance of going bust etc.
>
>> *thinks*

>
> Dangerous business, can end in tears before bedtime.


ROFL Don't I know it. I've decided against, as most of my stuff is SMS
these days and iSim is cheaper on that front.


Reply With Quote
Reply


« What GSM frequencies does Australia use? | Three launches $29/month 1GB Mobile Broadband! »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Free Offers coolguy17111987 uk.telecom.mobile 0 03-03-2007 03:40 AM
Free Pc To Phone Calling coolguy17111987 uk.telecom.mobile 0 02-10-2007 01:31 PM
Copy Files Mem Card to Mem Card Nokia 6234 Canopus alt.cellular.nokia 7 11-26-2006 10:31 AM
OT - Notebook hack fixes SD card limit... Larry alt.cellular.verizon 4 11-10-2006 05:13 PM
Best fitting video card: NVIDIA (which brand?) or ATI (Sapphire)? Andrea Sansottera alt.comp.hardware 1 08-30-2006 09:12 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45