Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > Australian Networks > aus.comms.mobile
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007, 03:47 AM
James Bell
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default G9 Pricing - A Con

G9 prices not what they seem
We have deciphered the SingTel Optus - G9 pricing "menu" for their
high-speed broadband scheme for Australia. They claim wholesale high-speed
broadband prices will be $20 to $50 a month.

But read the fine print.

What are G9's prices?
After three years, the Singtel Optus - G9 prices will:

rise with inflation
rise to recover any "losses"
rise to meet any shortfall in customers
rise to pay the cost of confiscating Telstra's network
rise to recover increasing interest rates
and the list goes on...

G9 and Telstra pricing compared

The G9 is offering an inferior product. Their speeds and services don't even
match today's products.

Telstra's FTTN plan will provide high-speed broadband with an
entry-level price of $59 per month, including monthly line rental.

Telstra's prices are locked in for 14 years. They include a 14-year price
guarantee, at all speeds from 512Kbps to 50Mbps.
The G9 prices are only locked-in for only 3 years while the network is being
built, after that they can go much much higher.
G9 puts the risk on consumers

Basic telephone customers could be $720 million worse off under G9's
formula.

Entry-level customers could be $1.3 billion worse off under G9's formula.

Why are G9 prices uncertain?
Telstra can lock in its prices for 14 years because we know what our costs
are.
In contrast, G9 don't understand their costs, so have had to put asterisks
all over their prices.
We know the G9 does not have the capability to build a national FTTN
network, and now we know their prices are a con.



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007, 04:16 AM
Russell Wood
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

On 2007-06-16, James Bell <jamesbell@telstra.net> wrote:

http://www.tellthetruthtelstra.com.au/

--
Russell Wood <http://www.dynode.net/~rjw/>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007, 06:05 AM
Nole Boaday
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

James Bell wrote:
> Telstra can lock in its prices for 14 years


Enough said you gutless ****wit.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007, 06:06 AM
Nole Boaday
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Telstra FTTN Pricing - A Con

James Bell wrote:
> Telstra can lock in its prices for 14 years


..... Enough said you gutless ****wit.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Alice
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

Not everybody - Bellboy can't get enough Telstra in his mouth at one time...


Uncle Bully wrote:
> "James Bell" <jamesbell@telstra.net> wrote in message
> news:A3Jci.14628$wH4.4211@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>> G9 prices not what they seem

>
>
> But everyone hates Telstra so too bad.
>
>
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Uncle Bully
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: G9 Pricing - A Con


"James Bell" <jamesbell@telstra.net> wrote in message
news:A3Jci.14628$wH4.4211@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> G9 prices not what they seem



But everyone hates Telstra so too bad.





Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007, 10:08 AM
atec 77
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: G9 Pricing - A wonderful alternative

James Bell wrote:
lies misguided comments and utter shiite deleted
Oh look nothing worth consideration left jb
maybe you need to help sack that wetback import instead of felating him

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Chops
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

James Bell wrote:
> G9 prices not what they seem
> We have deciphered the SingTel Optus - G9 pricing "menu" for their
> high-speed broadband scheme for Australia. They claim wholesale high-speed
> broadband prices will be $20 to $50 a month.
>
> But read the fine print.
>
> What are G9's prices?
> After three years, the Singtel Optus - G9 prices will:
>
> rise with inflation
> rise to recover any "losses"
> rise to meet any shortfall in customers
> rise to pay the cost of confiscating Telstra's network
> rise to recover increasing interest rates
> and the list goes on...
>
> G9 and Telstra pricing compared
>
> The G9 is offering an inferior product. Their speeds and services don't even
> match today's products.
>
> Telstra's FTTN plan will provide high-speed broadband with an
> entry-level price of $59 per month, including monthly line rental.
>
> Telstra's prices are locked in for 14 years. They include a 14-year price
> guarantee, at all speeds from 512Kbps to 50Mbps.
> The G9 prices are only locked-in for only 3 years while the network is being
> built, after that they can go much much higher.
> G9 puts the risk on consumers
>
> Basic telephone customers could be $720 million worse off under G9's
> formula.
>
> Entry-level customers could be $1.3 billion worse off under G9's formula.
>
> Why are G9 prices uncertain?
> Telstra can lock in its prices for 14 years because we know what our costs
> are.
> In contrast, G9 don't understand their costs, so have had to put asterisks
> all over their prices.
> We know the G9 does not have the capability to build a national FTTN
> network, and now we know their prices are a con.
>
>

I would gladly pay more money to G9 if it meant not having to deal with
you Testra ****S!

Chops

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Chops
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Telstra ****S!

atec 77 > wrote:
> James Bell wrote:
> lies misguided comments and utter shiite deleted
> Oh look nothing worth consideration left jb
> maybe you need to help sack that wetback import instead of felating him


ditto

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Anthony Horan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 08:20:32 GMT, Bigpond News wrote:

> You know what? I'm sick and bloody tired of this spin war between Telstra
> and G9.


The spin is entirely Telstra's. Their propaganda web site is pure comedy.
It's like a half-million-dollar essay by a spoiled private-school brat
who's had the **** kicked out of him once too often.

Telstra is making a complete embarrassment of itself with that hilariously
pathetic, whiny web site. It'd be pure comedy if there wasn't millions of
dollars of shareholder money at stake.


Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007, 11:42 PM
thegoons
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

Hey clown. Never heard of 'competition'? Singtel jack up their prices and
consumers will leave. Supply and demand ****wit.


"James Bell" <jamesbell@telstra.net> wrote in message
news:A3Jci.14628$wH4.4211@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> G9 prices not what they seem
> We have deciphered the SingTel Optus - G9 pricing "menu" for their
> high-speed broadband scheme for Australia. They claim wholesale high-speed
> broadband prices will be $20 to $50 a month.
>
> But read the fine print.
>
> What are G9's prices?
> After three years, the Singtel Optus - G9 prices will:
>
> rise with inflation
> rise to recover any "losses"
> rise to meet any shortfall in customers
> rise to pay the cost of confiscating Telstra's network
> rise to recover increasing interest rates
> and the list goes on...
>
> G9 and Telstra pricing compared
>
> The G9 is offering an inferior product. Their speeds and services don't
> even match today's products.
>
> Telstra's FTTN plan will provide high-speed broadband with an
> entry-level price of $59 per month, including monthly line rental.
>
> Telstra's prices are locked in for 14 years. They include a 14-year price
> guarantee, at all speeds from 512Kbps to 50Mbps.
> The G9 prices are only locked-in for only 3 years while the network is
> being built, after that they can go much much higher.
> G9 puts the risk on consumers
>
> Basic telephone customers could be $720 million worse off under G9's
> formula.
>
> Entry-level customers could be $1.3 billion worse off under G9's formula.
>
> Why are G9 prices uncertain?
> Telstra can lock in its prices for 14 years because we know what our costs
> are.
> In contrast, G9 don't understand their costs, so have had to put asterisks
> all over their prices.
> We know the G9 does not have the capability to build a national FTTN
> network, and now we know their prices are a con.
>
>




--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Michael J
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

> We know the G9 does not have the capability to build a national FTTN
> network, and now we know their prices are a con.


I'm quite certain they have the capability
>
>




Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Kevin Martin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

Anthony Horan wrote:

> The spin is entirely Telstra's. Their propaganda web site is pure comedy.
> It's like a half-million-dollar essay by a spoiled private-school brat
> who's had the **** kicked out of him once too often.
>
> Telstra is making a complete embarrassment of itself with that hilariously
> pathetic, whiny web site. It'd be pure comedy if there wasn't millions of
> dollars of shareholder money at stake.
>


The principles valid, its the web site that is crap

Kevin Martin

--
To Reply, delete what is "Not Required" in abbreviated form

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2007, 03:45 AM
Dan N
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Telstra FTTN Pricing - A Con

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:06:49 +1000, Nole Boaday wrote:

> .... Enough said you gutless ****wit.


How sad that people actually emulate Rod Speed.

Dan

Reply With Quote
Reply


« Optus Elders joint venture to build $2bn regional broadband ADSL2+and 4G WiMAX network, while Telstra continues to whinge and **** Australiaup the arse. | Roaming from Thailand - Problems with Optus or something »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Vodafone Mobile Internet pricing w/ text bundles Kevin Reilly uk.telecom.mobile 26 05-18-2007 02:58 PM
Wireless data pricing by type of data -- coming soon to a carrier near you? John Navas alt.cellular.cingular 0 05-01-2007 01:39 AM
pricing timing Adam Russell alt.comp.hardware 2 12-19-2006 11:51 PM
Re: Virgin - bizzare pricing v. coverage schemes Usenet User uk.telecom.mobile 0 09-29-2006 05:43 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45