“I forgot my windows 7 password” is one of the worst things you can do, and it makes you feel like a complete idiot. Though there are many ways in the net on Windows 7 password reset, If you can’t pick up a good way, it could ruin your days completely. Without losing any data and re-install system, here I will share you a good idea on resetting Windows 7 password from command prompt.
How can I reset my account login password for Windows 7 from Command Prompt?
To reset windows 7 password at the command prompt, you need an administrator account or account that has administrator privileges. Suppose you have lost your administrator account (Mosoh) password, you can do as follow.
Windows 7 OS has a built-in administrator account which has no password in it. This account is created during Windows installation, and disable by default. You need to enable that account before losing your other admin account password. Or in this tip your built-in administrator account won’t appear in the screen.
1. Start your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.
2. Scroll down to "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
3. Select the Administrator account that appear in the screen, then enter command prompt.
4. Type: net user Mosoh 123456 and enter, it will show you a message that” the command completed successfully.
5. Restart your computer, then you can log in as Mosoh with the password 123456. You can go to control Panel to change your account password if necessary.
If you didn’t enable the built-in administrator account or you’ve reset the default administrator account password before and you forgot windows password, in this case you need to find Windows Password Key to wipe up the password, it is the best and quick choice.
Here is how to reset windows 7 password with Windows Password Key
Step 1: Log in any available computer that you can access to and allow you download. Download and install Windows Password Key in that computer.
Step 2: Run and burn Windows Password Key to a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
Step 3: Insert the disk to your locked Computer and then boot it from the disk, then you can follow the instruction to reset Windows 7 admin password. It’s 100% recovery, so I’m sure you’ll enter your system with that account.