The campground covers about 150 meters (500ft) from the water to inland, and is about 50 meters (165ft) in width. (The property goes from the water down to the "fork" in the road on the left-side. And then from the right-side road of the fork road across to the river. The four little buildings you see are mobile homes almost directly in the middle of the camping.
The ADSL internet connection is in the "reception area" building, which is located under the "Camping A Stella" text. (Off to the side, in the middle section of the campground.) There is nothing to the "left" of the reception building that would need internet coverage. All the campers and public area is to the right of the reception building.
So the campground is kind of like a big rectangle, with the ADLS access located in the middle of the left-side line.
- Should I put the router at the reception building (where it can easily plug into the adsl modem for internet access) and then run a long wire to a high-gain omni-directional antennae in the middle of the camping?
- Should I use CPL (power-line internet) to run internet from the reception building to the router located in the middle of the campground in a water-tight box? (There is already electrical runs all over the place, but there are no ethernet cables anywhere.)
- Or should I put the router in the reception building and then put up a "180 degrees" antennae? (Does such a thing exist?)
- Other ideas? I'm really not sure what to do here... the "hardware" side of this setup has so many options that I really don't know what is best or worst.
Thanks for any help!
- PS - if you give a recommended setup scenario.. can you also recommend a specific antennae type, too? (ie: Maybe post to an ebay/amazon/newegg link? As you can see, the campground is in Europe, so I can't actually buy from the link.. but it will really help me see exactly what is being recommended, so that I can find the equivalent antennae here.) Thanks!
- During camping season (when wifi is needed) there will be cars at each camping spot. So I guess it is best to place the router/antenae on the top of a high pole, right?
- If you recommend for me to put the router outside somewhere (middle of camping, on roof of reception building, etc) can I make my own "water-tight" box? (It gets very hot at the camping as there is a lot of sun, so I worry about the router over-heating...)