01-14-2011, 02:24 PM
| || |
Join Date: Jan 2011
There are 3 ways to install the driver:
1. The driver may be in the form of an executable so just double click and let it run
2. If it is in a zipped file, you will need to decompress (extract/unzip) to a folder. In the folder there should be a setup/install .exe. Double click and let it run
3. This way is a little bit more involved.
- Create a folder anywhere and save the driver files in it.
- Next, open the properties of the wireless adapter through device manager. It should let you view the latest driver info and have a button to update the driver.
- Click on Update Driver. Instead of letting windows find the latest, it should allow you to do a manual search.
- Navigate to the above folder and look for a setup or .ini file. Click on that and it should install from there.
This all depends on getting the right driver. You can google the adapter info + driver and some sites should pop up. Hope this helps.