Shall I try again. I spelled the word wireles' wrong. Forty seven people read my thread. It was formed as a question. I know a little about wireless and see a bright future. Again, why isn't everyone jumping on board, is it the companies,people,or government which is slowing down the process. pljames
Because of one of many reasons
1. its can be more expensive as to just using existing cables and a few cheap switches
2. Not that many people know how to fully support wireless networks
3. still has connection problems, not 100% reliable
4. some people still don't think its as secure as say a wired network
5. only recently has the speed of wireless (802.11n) be able to match that of a wired network
Wireless technology now makes it possible to incorporate new strategic measurements and other data ,I think its future is bright because it include the following:
* More mobile workforce and safety monitoring.
* More efficient and less expensive asset tracking.
* Eliminating wires leads to cost savings.
* New applications are easily deployed and result in bottom line improvements.