For the past few days, my laptop has not been able to connect to any wi-fi network. Other devices (Cellphones, tablets, other laptops, desktops, etc.) Can however connect to the wifi. My laptop can see wifi networks, but is unable to connect to any of them, no matter where I am, or what network i wish to connect to. Except on occasions, which is about everyother day only in the morning for about 5minutes. Connecting it to an Ethernet Cable works, and as of right now, i use my cell phone to connect to the wifi first, then tether it to my laptop.
I have a Dell Studio 1555
windows vista Home premium x64
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (2.2 GHz)
AMD Radeon 4500 gpu
Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN
I have already tried:
* System Restore
* Clean install of Windows Vista (twice)
* Changing service logon to NT/AUTHORITY
* Installing all windows updates
* ipconfig (flushdns, release, renew)
* Uninstall / Reinstal Network Adapter drivers
* Disable IPV6
* Disable/Enable my network connection
* Delete and try to reconnect to the network
* Updating all drivers
* Resetting Router (unplugging, turning off, then a master reset)
I am not sure if it is my wireless card or not, but if it was i dont think i would even be able to view the wireless networks, When i do connect to the wifi, it only connects to the network, but not the internet. Which doesnt happen often anyway, so i dont think that is important.
And as of now, I still cannot connect at all.
I saw on some forums with people who had the same probelm, ahve to post their ipconfig /all. i dont know what to look for in it of it it would even help at all for my probelm but..