I am having problems with my DLINK DIR 635 wireless router. I have been searching a lot to solve the problem, without any success, and hope somebody here can help.
From the built in Windows Wireless utility, I can select the network. Windows connects fine, but after some seconds, it changes to not connected, and the icon in the system tray gets a red cross. I can still surf the web and access my server on the local network. When I double-click on the network in the Wireless utility, it states "Are you sure you wish to disconnect from the network...", so it clearly knows it is connected, it just wont tell me the easy way..
Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
The router is upgraded with the latest firmware and I have tried both with and without security enabled. The problem occurs on several computers, both laptops and desktops, all running windows XP with SP2.
I've seen that happen sometimes as well, usually a reboot fixes the problem. I'm not sure what causes it. I don't think it's the wireless card or drivers though, I think it may be something to do with windows.
I know. The strange thing is that if I use a third party program to search for networks (ie wifi hopper, WirelessMon etc) the icon in the system tray fixes. When I close the third party software, it changes back to red cross.
I think Windows does a good job as well. I never install third party programs for this job, because they normally mess up more than they help. I did not have third party software when this problem first occurred. But just to check, I installed third party software - which turns out to work fine.
But since I like the Windows utility better than any third-party software, I would like to find out what causes my problem.
I'm having a similar problem with my Linksys WRT54G wireless router. However, my connection continually disconnects and it will not automatically re-connect. The problem started after I was trying to set security settings for my network but could not get all of our computers to connect, so we decided to turn off the security settings. I've tried to reset all of the settings on the router and my computer to what it was before, but its still giving me this problem. Any additional help would be great.