Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Wireless Networks (Wifi) > Network Troubleshooting
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colton, WA
Posts: 1
Default My TEW 631BRP is picky

Greetings!

I'm a newbie to this forum and a neophyte geek. Please forgive my ignorance in advance.

I purchased a Toshiba laptop as a desktop replacement and with it a Trendnet TEW 631BRP wireless router. I got it installed and everything worked well. I could wander around the house and stay connected. Then my wife got an iPhone and nothing I can do will get that iPhone to work with our wireless router. I figured this was just an Apple problem. Then I bought (yesterday!) an Asus notebook. It won't connect with the wireless either.

I am running the router as a secure network with a 9 digit password. I can see the network signal on both the iPhone and Asus but neither will connect when I enter the password. I know the iPhone works with non secured wifi, I haven't tested the Asus yet, it does work when hardwired into the router.

Other than entering a password (neither the iPhone or the Asus request more than a password), what am I suppose to do to get these two devices working with this wireless router.

I've gone through the Trendnet manual and 95% of it is technogeek and the other 5% is legal disclaimers. Any suggestions or comments are most welcome.

Cheers,

BillJ
Colton, WA
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Multiple PC Wireless Network to Internet problem. | No network ---- until »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:11 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45