02-14-2007, 04:28 PM
| || |
Join Date: Feb 2007
| | Suggestion:
Hi I had the exact same problem.
I have 2 laptops and an apple G5 all connected via a Belkin wireless router. The internet was working fine, then it just stopped working. I reset the router and my laptops were saying they were disconnected when the internet was working, but then cut out after a few minutes.
After many days of messing about with settings, this seemed to work for me:
- I went into control panel/ network connections and went into the properties for wireless connection. Under the wireless network tab I saw the name of my network under the preferred network section - Belkin54g(Manual)
- The thing that seemed to work for me was to change the setting from Belkin54g(Manual) to (Automatic)
- I clicked on the properties button and clicked on the connection Tab, the box (connect when this network is in range) was already ticked. I unchecked the box and selected ok.
- I then selected the advanced tap and ticked the 'Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection' box.
- I went back to the wireless network tab, clicked on properties,and selected the connection tab and ticked the box again and pressed ok.
- After this my connection turned to automatic and I was able to connect properly.
I really am no expert on networks, and don't really know if all of the above is necessary, but it worked, so hopefully it will work for you.
Let me know of any joy