Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > Cellular Communications > Cellular Newsgroups > uk.telecom.mobile
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2006, 03:35 PM
trevaaaaaaa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Broken Text Messages

Some text messages I receive of one of my contacts arrives as a
"broken" message, only half of it is received and it has an envelope
with a crack symbol in the inbox of my sony ericsson t610. It also says
"some text missing" when it arrives.

Anyone else experience this?


As it is the same contact everytime I know the fault is at their
end,any ideas what they could do to prevent this from happening?


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2006, 04:18 PM
=?iso-8859-1?Q?=3E-=A9LuVbuG=A9-=3C?=
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Broken Text Messages

"trevaaaaaaa" <trevaaaaaaa@googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:1163608500.078966.319280@h54g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> Some text messages I receive of one of my contacts arrives as a
> "broken" message, only half of it is received and it has an envelope
> with a crack symbol in the inbox of my sony ericsson t610. It also says
> "some text missing" when it arrives.
>
> Anyone else experience this?
>
>
> As it is the same contact everytime I know the fault is at their
> end,any ideas what they could do to prevent this from happening?
>


What phone do they have? Are they sending a concatenated (i.e. long) or
'rich' text?

--
Antz
Part of the UKtm family


--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2006, 04:41 PM
trevaaaaaaa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Broken Text Messages

They have just got a new samsung d900

message comes through ok when they re-send.

They are sending long messages.

Thanks for reply.


>-©LuVbuG©-< <luvbug_usene...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> "trevaaaaaaa" <trevaaaaaaa@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> news:1163608500.078966.319280@h54g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> > Some text messages I receive of one of my contacts arrives as a
> > "broken" message, only half of it is received and it has an envelope
> > with a crack symbol in the inbox of my sony ericsson t610. It also says
> > "some text missing" when it arrives.
> >
> > Anyone else experience this?
> >
> >
> > As it is the same contact everytime I know the fault is at their
> > end,any ideas what they could do to prevent this from happening?
> >

>
> What phone do they have? Are they sending a concatenated (i.e. long) or
> 'rich' text?
>
> --
> Antz
> Part of the UKtm family
>
>
> --
> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2006, 12:53 AM
=?iso-8859-1?Q?=3E-=A9LuVbuG=A9-=3C?=
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Broken Text Messages

"trevaaaaaaa" <trevaaaaaaa@googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:1163612513.888217.243990@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
They have just got a new samsung d900

message comes through ok when they re-send.

They are sending long messages.

Thanks for reply.

------

What happens if they send 160 characters or less (text only) the first time
round?

It seems as though the T610 is only receiving the first message and not the
second. The next test would be to send a 'long' message to the T610 from
another phone, and see if the 2nd message arrives. If it does, then the D900
is at fault, if it doesn't, then the T610 could be at fault.

Hope this helps.

--
Antz
Part of the UKtm family


--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2006, 12:55 AM
=?iso-8859-1?Q?=3E-=A9LuVbuG=A9-=3C?=
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Broken Text Messages

"trevaaaaaaa" <trevaaaaaaa@googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:1163612513.888217.243990@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
They have just got a new samsung d900

message comes through ok when they re-send.

They are sending long messages.

Thanks for reply.

------

What happens if they send 160 characters or less (text only) the first time
round?

It seems as though the T610 is only receiving the first message and not the
second. The next test would be to send a 'long' message to the T610 from
another phone, and see if the 2nd message arrives. If it does, then the D900
is at fault, if it doesn't, then the T610 could be at fault.

Hope this helps.

--
Antz
Part of the UKtm family


--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2006, 01:44 PM
trevaaaaaaa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Broken Text Messages

I sent a 'long' message to my phone from a different phone and i
received it ok and i sent a 'long' message from my phone to another
phone and again that was ok.

So the problem must lie with the d900, or would it be with the
network?, my friend is using the d900 on O2.

Thanks for the help.


>-©LuVbuG©-< <luvbug_usene...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> "trevaaaaaaa" <trevaaaaaaa@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> news:1163612513.888217.243990@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> They have just got a new samsung d900
>
> message comes through ok when they re-send.
>
> They are sending long messages.
>
> Thanks for reply.
>
> ------
>
> What happens if they send 160 characters or less (text only) the first time
> round?
>
> It seems as though the T610 is only receiving the first message and not the
> second. The next test would be to send a 'long' message to the T610 from
> another phone, and see if the 2nd message arrives. If it does, then the D900
> is at fault, if it doesn't, then the T610 could be at fault.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Antz
> Part of the UKtm family
>
>
> --
> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2006, 01:52 PM
=?iso-8859-1?Q?=3E-=A9LuVbuG=A9-=3C?=
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Broken Text Messages

"trevaaaaaaa" <trevaaaaaaa@googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:1163688279.484545.220030@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
I sent a 'long' message to my phone from a different phone and i
received it ok and i sent a 'long' message from my phone to another
phone and again that was ok.

So the problem must lie with the d900, or would it be with the
network?, my friend is using the d900 on O2.

Thanks for the help.

----

The test there would be to put the SIM from the D900 in another phone and
send a long message to the T610.

As we have deducted that it is your friend's phone/network, he/she should
contact O2. Did we confirm if the D900 can send long texts successfully to
another phone?

--
Antz
Part of the UKtm family


--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2006, 02:01 PM
trevaaaaaaa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Broken Text Messages

I will try tests you mentioned when i see my friend & will let you know
results.

Thanks


> -©LuVbuG©- wrote:
> "trevaaaaaaa" <trevaaaaaaa@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> news:1163688279.484545.220030@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
> I sent a 'long' message to my phone from a different phone and i
> received it ok and i sent a 'long' message from my phone to another
> phone and again that was ok.
>
> So the problem must lie with the d900, or would it be with the
> network?, my friend is using the d900 on O2.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> ----
>
> The test there would be to put the SIM from the D900 in another phone and
> send a long message to the T610.
>
> As we have deducted that it is your friend's phone/network, he/she should
> contact O2. Did we confirm if the D900 can send long texts successfully to
> another phone?
>
> --
> Antz
> Part of the UKtm family
>
>
> --
> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2006, 12:34 PM
=?iso-8859-1?Q?=3E-=A9LuVbuG=A9-=3C?=
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Broken Text Messages

"trevaaaaaaa" <trevaaaaaaa@googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:1163689289.947332.313280@m7g2000cwm.googlegro ups.com...
I will try tests you mentioned when i see my friend & will let you know
results.

Thanks

----

No probs, glad to be of service.

--
Antz
Part of the UKtm family


--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


Reply With Quote
Reply


« Cheap Mobile For Japan | Goodbye NTL:Telewest.. hello Virgin Media »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Text messages arrive twice Harlan Messinger alt.cellular.verizon 2 03-23-2007 09:33 PM
Any way to turn off Verizon spam text messages? Jules Winfield alt.cellular.verizon 19 03-09-2007 09:50 PM
text messages on the bill chavrik alt.cellular.cingular 5 12-16-2006 01:11 AM
How to stop spam text messages? Dave Parker alt.cellular.verizon 1 11-26-2006 09:17 PM
Annoying text messages quickcur@yahoo.com alt.cellular.cingular 24 10-09-2006 04:33 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45