Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > News > Newsgroups > uk.telecom.voip
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2006, 02:50 PM
ACDeag
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default ATAs with FXO ports

Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.

I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

Ta



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Jono
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ATAs with FXO ports

ACDeag expressed precisely :
> Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass the
> CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
>
> I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.
>
> Ta


Linksys/Sipura SPA3102



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Andrew Gabriel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ATAs with FXO ports

In article <mn.23b67d6b11c47704.54123@spammotel.com>,
ACDeag <CAUPZITLZLVU@spammotel.com> writes:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
> the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
>
> I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.


Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:53 AM
speckled hen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ATAs with FXO ports


Andrew Gabriel wrote:
> In article <mn.23b67d6b11c47704.54123@spammotel.com>,
> ACDeag <CAUPZITLZLVU@spammotel.com> writes:
> > Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
> > the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
> >
> > I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

>
> Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
> manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
> configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
> different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.
>
> --
> Andrew Gabriel


Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
display.
works well.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2006, 07:11 AM
ACDeag
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ATAs with FXO ports

It happens that speckled hen formulated :
> Andrew Gabriel wrote:
>> In article <mn.23b67d6b11c47704.54123@spammotel.com>,
>> ACDeag <CAUPZITLZLVU@spammotel.com> writes:
>>> Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
>>> the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
>>>
>>> I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

>>
>> Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
>> manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
>> configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
>> different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.
>>
>> --
>> Andrew Gabriel

>
> Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
> display.
> works well.


I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am
correct. I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can
be connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Paul
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ATAs with FXO ports

ACDeag wrote:
> It happens that speckled hen formulated :
>> Andrew Gabriel wrote:
>>> In article <mn.23b67d6b11c47704.54123@spammotel.com>,
>>> ACDeag <CAUPZITLZLVU@spammotel.com> writes:
>>>> Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
>>>> the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
>>>>
>>>> I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.
>>>
>>> Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
>>> manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
>>> configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
>>> different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andrew Gabriel

>>
>> Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
>> display.
>> works well.

>
> I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am correct.
> I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can be
> connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.
>
>


I assume he meant to say "spa3102" which has now replaced the spa3000.

cheers,
Paul.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Oldie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ATAs with FXO ports

Paul wrote:
> ACDeag wrote:
> > It happens that speckled hen formulated :
> >> Andrew Gabriel wrote:
> >>> In article <mn.23b67d6b11c47704.54123@spammotel.com>,
> >>> ACDeag <CAUPZITLZLVU@spammotel.com> writes:
> >>>> Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
> >>>> the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
> >>>>
> >>>> I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.
> >>>
> >>> Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
> >>> manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
> >>> configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
> >>> different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> Andrew Gabriel
> >>
> >> Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
> >> display.
> >> works well.

> >
> > I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am correct.
> > I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can be
> > connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.
> >
> >

>
> I assume he meant to say "spa3102" which has now replaced the spa3000.
>
> cheers,
> Paul.


But be sure to upgrade to 3.2.10 as earlier firmware doesn't pass CLI.
It took me a while to discover that.

Oldie


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Andrew Gabriel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ATAs with FXO ports

In article <1162817583.682599.13100@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
"Oldie" <realoldie@googlemail.com> writes:
> Paul wrote:
>> ACDeag wrote:
>> > It happens that speckled hen formulated :
>> >> Andrew Gabriel wrote:
>> >>> In article <mn.23b67d6b11c47704.54123@spammotel.com>,
>> >>> ACDeag <CAUPZITLZLVU@spammotel.com> writes:
>> >>>> Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
>> >>>> the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.
>> >>>
>> >>> Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
>> >>> manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
>> >>> configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
>> >>> different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.
>> >>
>> >> Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
>> >> display.
>> >> works well.
>> >
>> > I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am correct.
>> > I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can be
>> > connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.

>>
>> I assume he meant to say "spa3102" which has now replaced the spa3000.


No I meant spa3000. It likely is the case with the spa3102,
but I don't have any of those.

> But be sure to upgrade to 3.2.10 as earlier firmware doesn't pass CLI.


Earlier ones did for me. One of mine still has 2.0.13(GWg), and
that passes BT callerid fine.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Reply With Quote
Reply


« Re: Vonage V-Phone | sipgate drop outs »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Security & Ports. The One alt.computer.security 3 04-02-2007 04:54 AM
USB Card and Front Ports Grinder alt.comp.hardware 3 02-27-2007 09:09 PM
How to close the unnecessary Ports Nick alt.computer.security 26 10-25-2005 04:27 AM
Wireless router William alt.comp.hardware 28 08-09-2005 02:37 PM
Re: Router settings with VoIP - any explanatory documentation? Tony uk.telecom.voip 1 07-11-2005 11:03 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45