Go Back   Wireless and Wifi Forums > News > Newsgroups > uk.telecom.voip
Register FAQ Forum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Advertise Mark Forums Read

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Arye Hartmann
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default I don't hear myself testing the microphone


i am trying to setup a microphone for VOIP usage.

I installed Skype 2.0

In Applications ---> Multimedia ---> Mixer

i set the following:

1. Sound card: ESS Allegro PCI (Alsa Mixer)

2. I set the "Playback" tab to display the following Controls:
Master-Mono, PCM, Line-in, Microphone, Phone, PC speaker

3. The "Capture" tab is displaying the "Capture" control

4. In the "Switches" tab, i checked:
"Microphone Capture" and "Mic Boost (+20 dB)" options

5. The "Options" tab is displaying the following defaults:
Mic select: "Mic1" (there's an option to switch to "Mic2")
Mono Output Select: "Mix" (there's an option to switch to "Mic")

A Skype test run fails to echo my voice

Anybody out there with patience to read and comment ?

TIA

Arye


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2009, 08:27 PM
TheFug@domain.invalid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I don't hear myself testing the microphone

Arye Hartmann schreef:
>
> i am trying to setup a microphone for VOIP usage.
>
> I installed Skype 2.0
>
> In Applications ---> Multimedia ---> Mixer
>
> i set the following:
>
> 1. Sound card: ESS Allegro PCI (Alsa Mixer)
>
> 2. I set the "Playback" tab to display the following Controls:
> Master-Mono, PCM, Line-in, Microphone, Phone, PC speaker
>
> 3. The "Capture" tab is displaying the "Capture" control
>
> 4. In the "Switches" tab, i checked:
> "Microphone Capture" and "Mic Boost (+20 dB)" options
>
> 5. The "Options" tab is displaying the following defaults:
> Mic select: "Mic1" (there's an option to switch to "Mic2")
> Mono Output Select: "Mix" (there's an option to switch to "Mic")
>
> A Skype test run fails to echo my voice
>
> Anybody out there with patience to read and comment ?
>
> TIA
>
> Arye
>


I find it easier, to use a USB headset for use with VoIP/Skype,

If you do want to use the internal soundcard, be sure to select the
correct soundcard, for both in and output, also check is M$ mixer pannel
is set correctly

You should set sound in Skype itself.... Extra > settings > sound settings.

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.


VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com
A free service sponsored by www.blueface.ie

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2009, 05:34 AM
Arye Hartmann
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I don't hear myself testing the microphone

TheFug@domain.invalid wrote:
> Arye Hartmann schreef:
>>
>> i am trying to setup a microphone for VOIP usage.
>>
>> I installed Skype 2.0
>>
>> In Applications ---> Multimedia ---> Mixer
>>
>> i set the following:
>>
>> 1. Sound card: ESS Allegro PCI (Alsa Mixer)
>>
>> 2. I set the "Playback" tab to display the following Controls:
>> Master-Mono, PCM, Line-in, Microphone, Phone, PC speaker
>>
>> 3. The "Capture" tab is displaying the "Capture" control
>>
>> 4. In the "Switches" tab, i checked:
>> "Microphone Capture" and "Mic Boost (+20 dB)" options
>>
>> 5. The "Options" tab is displaying the following defaults:
>> Mic select: "Mic1" (there's an option to switch to "Mic2")
>> Mono Output Select: "Mix" (there's an option to switch to "Mic")
>>
>> A Skype test run fails to echo my voice
>>
>> Anybody out there with patience to read and comment ?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Arye
>>

>
> I find it easier, to use a USB headset for use with VoIP/Skype,
>
> If you do want to use the internal soundcard, be sure to select the
> correct soundcard, for both in and output, also check is M$ mixer panel
> is set correctly
>
> You should set sound in Skype itself

Where ?
..... Extra > settings > sound settings.
>

To set Skype "Options" ---> "Sound devices" for
"Sound In", "Sound Out" and "Ringing" i have the the following options
to chose from:

1. "Default Device (default)"
2. "ESS Allegro PCI (hw:PCI,0)"
3. "ESS Allegro PCI (plughw:PCI,0)"
4. "hdmi"
5. "headset"

I guess, my choices would be between #2 and #3 but, which goes where
and what is the difference between them ?

Arye



Reply With Quote
Reply


« Calling 0844 Numbers | Testing 999 »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
REVIEW: "Web Security Testing Cookbook", Paco Hope/Ben Walther Rob Slade, doting grandpa of Ryan and Trevor alt.computer.security 0 06-01-2009 06:46 PM
REVIEW: "Web Security Testing Cookbook", Paco Hope/Ben Walther Rob Slade, doting grandpa of Ryan and Trevor comp.security.misc 0 06-01-2009 06:46 PM
Nokia 6300 - calling party can't hear me - I can hear them lchiu7 alt.cellular.nokia 1 11-06-2007 01:11 PM
Looking for software that adds dhcp pcs to a host file Chris F Clark alt.internet.wireless 7 05-21-2007 06:21 AM
Troubleshooting PC microphone (where is it)? Shaft Drive alt.comp.hardware 8 08-28-2005 07:56 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45