Hi! I bought a AR.Drone 2.0 (Quad-Copter controlled with iPhone over WiFi) last week. Its a really great toy. Only bad thing is the wifi connection between the drone and the iPhone is 50 meters max range. Now i thought about buying a router/ap to get a greater range for the drone.
This are the questions i have:
1) the goal would be to get a range 600 meters+ is that possible? (the more the better)
2) If yes, what hardware do i need?
If no, what is the max range i can think of?
3) What would you suggest would be the best combination router/antennas for me?
4) would it be possible in south america with a stronger dBm router? (what hardware?)
5) is it better to use a router with just 1 antenna, or chose a rooter with 2 or 3 antennas?